Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have any of you men lied to (or mislead) a woman about your career/job, age, etc. to get a date with
Yes I have, but it was just to get laid. 8 22.22%
Yes I have. I did it to get my "foot in the door" so to speak. 5 13.89%
No. I'm upfront about those things. Either she's interested or she's not. 21 58.33%
Obligatory "Other" option. 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,637,705 times

Advertisements

I use to tell girls i was a professor. Works like a charm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 02:06 PM

20,588 posts, read 19,251,573 times
When ever I lied it was usually to make me appear worse, not better. It was usually a practical joke. In other cases, it was to make myself unappealing when I did not have a reciprocating interest. The most extreme was the catatonic schizophrenic lie. Though when I did pose as a fake European for the laughs, it tended to make some women more interested.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,983,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Though when I did pose as a fake European for the laughs, it tended to make some women more interested.
And you passed...? Hard to believe!

Old 01-29-2010, 03:01 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,514,509 times
When I was younger I told little lies to try to impress women, but then I realized that women remember every damn thing you say!!!! No matter how insignificant, if you say something today, it sure as hell better match what you said 8 years ago, cause they will call you on it.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:03 PM

44,286 posts, read 19,948,508 times
Lying is just wrong. Period.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:19 PM

20,588 posts, read 19,251,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And you passed...? Hard to believe!
Hi sierraAZ,

Yep, most Americans tend not to have an ear for it. German worked well. Though now I would give my Russian the best shot. Though I used to practice a lot on my commutes. Now that I am on the train, I am somewhat well read, but my phony dialects have suffered I think. Though it was an interesting social experiment; chicks dig foreigners. In one case, I pretended to speak to my friend by reciting Die Lorelei.
Ich weiß nicht, was soll es bedeuten,
Daß ich so traurig bin;
Ein Märchen aus alten Zeiten,
Das kommt mir nicht aus dem Sinn.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:45 PM

272 posts, read 284,939 times
I told a chick that I was a Combat Control Operator when I enlisted into the Air Force. I also told her that I had my own place although I was living with my parents at the time. The only thing I didn't lie about was...

Not having kids

Not being married

and working in tech support.

I guess she fell for it, because I am in shape and I've always had a military haircut.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:06 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,365,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I've had two ex b/f's lie to me about their jobs and / or housing situation to get their foot in the door (so to speak), they both got booted LOL
I don't know why men and women insist on being dishonest early on when that shyt is going to come out anyway. I've never lied to anyone about my job, housing situation or the like.
My sister just went through this with a guy she was seeing for a few months. He told her he was a nurse practitioner, turns out he's a nurse technician. He said he was 44 when he's 48. (She's 34.) He told her he owned the home he lived in and that his brother was just staying there because he was going through a divorce. The truth was that it was his brother's home. This guy made it clear to her that he was looking long term and wanted to start a family, but why start a relationship off with deceit!?! She was fortunate in that she didn't waste a lot of time with him because she started seeing inconsistencies here and there.

But this isn't the first time. Unfortunately it took her over 2 years before she figured out her ex-husband's load of lies. I feel bad for her because a lot of guys give her a load of crap. I don't know if she just stinks at reading people or she meets so many guys that her odds are higher of meeting these boneheads.

My sister has met some winners! It's almost comical! I don't know if it's her, the men or both!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:24 PM

572 posts, read 1,605,342 times
I'm not sure I even understand why this is an issue. I mean are nurse practitioners "approved" for dating but nurse technicians are not? I'm not brushing off the dishonesty on the guy's part but what's the deal with the career test as far as getting a date? What happened to dating someone because you have a physical or emotional attraction to them?

Ever think this might be the reason your sister is single?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,228,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm putting up a poll in case some of you wish your answer to be anonymous.
No, the scars, cuts and clothes give it away! My build does also, as well as looking beat every night!LOL.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships