Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:28 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times

Advertisements

A "real man" can change a flat tire!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 11:33 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
A "real man" can change a flat tire!
But so can a capable woman!

Old 05-28-2007, 12:01 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,732,227 times
Default Well now you finally got it right.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Like a woman should have a meal on the table, with a smile on her face, after dinner she should fall over on her back with her legs apart??
I am glad you finally have spelled out a good role for women. After that we can go operate lawn equipment and run a few welding beads. What do you feel about chipping my slag? That also could be a woman's job but I actually do not mind doing the clean up there. I like to use the power brush in 4" grinder, do my share of the cleaning.

Nothing like say running a bit of 1/8" 7018 and just lay it down @ 120 amps. I will even breathe your fumes and do the tack fit up. Maybe a few bumper hitches to warm up.

Then just for kicks to close out the night we could change a few tires just to keep in practice. I am glad you are finally getting constructive.

None of that other weird stuff you like to come out with either. just keep it basic and color between the lines. Can we use your oven to store the rods?

Then we can talk some man talk like how you did your last concrete pour. I ain't shaving my legs either. Bout time some girl started talking about Real Man Stuff. Been way to much of that being sensitive stuff.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:06 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
But so can a capable woman!
But every time it has happened to me, I just got my nails done!!!

Old 05-28-2007, 12:16 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,599 times
A smart woman should have AAA, call them and let them do the work for you...

There is no shame in not being able to or not wanting to or not have the time to do something...just find the person to do it for you...

I used to care for my lawn myself, when I said real men can operate all that lawn stuff, I have that stuff and used to do it all myself...but I don't anymore...I pay someone, he is very reasonable and I don't have to aggravate my asthma in the process.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
I don't have anything remotely close to a mechanical or handy bone in my body. Guess I'll color myself "not a real man"...
Aww, thats just someones opinion..Here you go..A real man can step in and "mother" the kids when he has to..A real man can humble himself to hug a friend when they need it..A real man is not ashamed to shed a tear over a sad story..A real man is not ashamed to ask a woman for directions..I know some more if you need them, you great big hunk, you

Old 05-28-2007, 07:02 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Aww, thats just someones opinion..Here you go..A real man can step in and "mother" the kids when he has to..A real man can humble himself to hug a friend when they need it..A real man is not ashamed to shed a tear over a sad story..A real man is not ashamed to ask a woman for directions..I know some more if you need them, you great big hunk, you
Thanks, blue And a real man can also have bad days where he gets all oversensitive and snippy because he takes things personally when he shouldn't

Old 05-28-2007, 08:49 PM

485 posts, read 1,648,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Its interesting how some of the men took exception to the list of preconcieved notions...

Can you men imagine how we take offense to them coming from you??

Like a woman should have a meal on the table, with a smile on her face, after dinner she should fall over on her back with her legs apart??

This is of course only an example...I'm certainly not saying all men think that...
Exactly! Just look at that thread (I think its called "A Question for the Guys") in which many men describe their idea woman. Maybe many of us take offense to that. At least we are describing skills that can be learned. How does a woman make herself taller or more beautiful? I guess we could go the drastic route by having that boob job done.

Last edited by robinhood; 05-28-2007 at 09:16 PM..

Old 05-28-2007, 09:07 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
Exactly! Just look at that thread (I think its called "A Question for the Guys") in which many men describe their idea woman. Maybe many of us take offense to that. At least we are describing skills that can be learned. How does a woman make herself taller or more beautiful? I guess we could go the drastic route by have that boob job done.

Yea, I saw that thread and of the men who said things like that, trust me, they don't care that we are offended, they feel entitled to those things...whats funny is the very men who are saying it, don't have much to recommend themselves...

Old 12-24-2010, 09:03 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
To me a real man doesn't abuse his wife & kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships