Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 04:24 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,419,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I see you go to high school in Mesa. It wouldn't happen to be the one on Guadalupe would it? I used to live several blocks from that school.
Whoa. I live a few blocks from Dobson HS. Weird! We're all like neighbors!

My advice to the OP is: Girls are dumb. 'Nuff said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 04:24 PM

128 posts, read 243,091 times
Default Maybe..

she has decided that she really likes you as more than a friend, or she likes another guy and doesn't want to be too close to you so that guy doesn't get jealous.

Whatever it is, just remember that there will be life after HS, and most of what happens there is irrelevant in the 'real world'.

I am sooo happy to be beyond those years - now have an 8th grader myself, so I'm on the other side of the coin now.

Good luck!

Old 01-28-2010, 04:28 PM

932 posts, read 1,962,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I see you go to high school in Mesa. It wouldn't happen to be the one on Guadalupe would it? I used to live several blocks from that school.
As far as your problem is concerned the last post hit the nail on the head. Just ask her point blank, plain and simple. When people are in their teens they're going through all sorts of changes and turmoil and sometimes you can't figure out what in the world is going on. If it turns out that she continues to ignore you or you can't get an answer then it's time to move on and try to get over it. I know that sounds a little cold but it's actually good advice. In any case I wish you good luck.
I go to RM on Brown. I just can't get her attention at all, and I don't want to seem like I'm stalking her, but her sudden mood change is still affecting me. And for as many friend's that I have, losing her as a friend is like me losing an arm. It's very painful, I think about it for a long time, and I will miss them very much.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:29 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,122,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
A friend of mine, a girl, has been treating me like crap lately, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY??? We have been friend's for half a year, we hug eachother when ever we say hello or goodbye, we hold conversations, we just do what friends do. But lately, and I mean just starting this week, she started to ignore me. She refuses any hugs from me, she pretends I'm not there when I'm with her in a group, she walks faster or she goes to the otherside of the person she is walking with to get away from me, and she ignores and I bet deletes my messages. She has been going through some drama lately, none of which has to do anything with me, but she seems only to be taking it out on me.

Please help me, I need advice. I was friends with her on Friday last week, then this Monday she said she was mad at me for no reason, and it evolved from there. Should I ignore her too and let her cool off before she comes back to me? Should I fight back by using everybody I know that knows her to be against her?
P.S I'm in highschool so I don't know if the advice should change for age. Idk. Thank you for taking your time into reading my personal issue
PhxGuy, let me help you out here.

The first thing a man needs to learn in dealings with the opposite sex is self-respect. The more you have it, the less of this kind of nonsense you suffer.

At all times you should be polite and considerate of others. But that doesn't mean you let yourself be a doormat. Women hate doormats. They really really really hate doormats.

So my advice to you? Don't confront her. Just ignore it. If she talks to you, be cordial. But don't act likes things are back to normal with the two of you.

Sooner or later, when she stops acting this way, she'll want to know what's up. You don't act defensive or resentful. Instead be pretty matter-of-fact about it and say, "Look, I'm not sure what was going a few weeks ago, but you weren't speaking to me, you were ignoring me, and generally being rude. And I really don't have time for that kind of treatment from my friends." And be done.

She'll either apologize or she'll stop being your friend. Either one of these two options is far better than this weird limbo you're in right now.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Does she have a BF?

If not, there's your answer. She wanted you to kiss her and you didn't. She mad. LOL.
That could be it, but we only met in September I can't get too carried away.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:34 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,122,775 times
Man, if I could be a teenager again knowing what I know now, I'd be really, really dangerous.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,661,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

The first thing a man needs to learn in dealings with the opposite sex is self-respect. The more you have it, the less of this kind of nonsense you suffer.
At all times you should be polite and considerate of others. But that doesn't mean you let yourself be a doormat. Women hate doormats. They really really really hate doormats.

So my advice to you? Don't confront her. Just ignore it. If she talks to you, be cordial. But don't act likes things are back to normal with the two of you.

Sooner or later, when she stops acting this way, she'll want to know what's up. You don't act defensive or resentful. Instead be pretty matter-of-fact about it and say, "Look, I'm not sure what was going a few weeks ago, but you weren't speaking to me, you were ignoring me, and generally being rude. And I really don't have time for that kind of treatment from my friends." And be done.

She'll either apologize or she'll stop being your friend. Either one of these two options is far better than this weird limbo you're in right now.

THIS is the best advice you're gonna get PhxGuy

Old 01-28-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

I guess your right. This came up so fast that I didn't know how to react. It has been 2 days since she has decided to ignore me all together, and both of those days I have confronted her and tried to see what was wrong. I do think that ignoring her is the best option. Thank you.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:38 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,544,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
That could be it, but we only met in September I can't get too carried away.
Awwwwwwwww. That's cute.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witty, wise and wicked View Post
she has decided that she really likes you as more than a friend, or she likes another guy and doesn't want to be too close to you so that guy doesn't get jealous.

Whatever it is, just remember that there will be life after HS, and most of what happens there is irrelevant in the 'real world'.

I am sooo happy to be beyond those years - now have an 8th grader myself, so I'm on the other side of the coin now.

Good luck!
She doesn't have a boyfriend anymore but she does hang out with more guys than girls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships