Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 03:54 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times

Advertisements

Well, what exactly makes Elizabeth a B? Interesting that no examples have been given....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 04:25 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
That couple that was on 20/20 stated it last night.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:37 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
That couple that was on 20/20 stated it last night.
What did they show that she did that was an example? Scream at her husband when she found out he was screwing a tramp? How was she supposed to react?

Old 01-30-2010, 04:56 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Well, what exactly makes Elizabeth a B? Interesting that no examples have been given....
I believe I answered your question...not looking for an argument.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:11 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Those comments are probably coming from a new book called "Game Change", about the 2008 Presidential election. Everybody gets trashed...the Clintons, Barack Obama, John McCain, Sarah Palin, John and Elizabeth Edwards, etc.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
narcisistic personality disorder

Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I hope the tape doesn't make it to the public's eye...for all the kids' sake. (Both Elizabeth's and Rielle's.)

I have to agree about the kids. From the tone of the article only Edwards is clearly identifiable in the tape.

I can tell you this much, ms. hunter's dating prospects are going to take a beating. Not a whole lot of decent guys are going to want anything to do with a gal that cheated (and by accounts went after Edwards first) with a married guy while his wife had cancer etc.

Especially the kinds of guys that run in the crowd she is used to.

At least someone like Monica Lewinsky was VERY young at the time and you can cut her some slack.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Actually, that's not exactly what he said

This is what he said in case you are really interested...

"I've got a theory about the motivations ... We know - we've been told that Elizabeth Edwards is smarter than John Edwards... Ergo, if Elizabeth Edwards is smarter than John Edwards, is it likely that she thinks she knows better than he does what his speeches ought to contain and what kind of things he ought to be doing, strategy wise? Could it have been her decision to keep going with the campaign? In other words, could it be that she doesn't shut up?"

""It just seems to me that John Edwards might be attracted to a woman whose mouth did something other than talk."

"My theory, that I just explained to you about why - you know, what could have John Edwards' motivations been to have the affair with Rielle Hunter, given his wife is smarter than he is and probably nagging him a lot about doing this (going forward with the campaign), and he found somebody that did something with her mouth other than talk."

This isn't the same thing as blaming her for her husbands affair - it's more like explaining how the affair might have come about in the first place. After all, he said it was just his theory.
Actually, that is blaming her. He's basically saying she didn't satisfy him so he went looking elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I often wonder why liberal folks always drag Bush or Rush when confronted

Even when there is no connection whatsoever, could it be an epidemic kind of thing? Like a symptom
I brought up Rush because the subject of this thread was Edwards' affair. But instead of universal condemnation for his infidelity, I cited an example of someone who sought to explain and perhaps even excuse it. That person just happened to be Rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No but if she didn't divorce him for it, then she must not have minded all that much. For some women, the affairs don't matter too much because they want the parties, the money, the prestige of being married to someone with the right connections. Just like Hillary stayed no matter how many affairs or how blatantly Bill cheated on her.
Some women put up with it. For others, it's about making sure they're going to get everything they're entitled to before calling up the lawyer. In the case of Elizabeth Edwards, it looks like she was waiting for John to publicly admit Hunter's child was his. When he finally did that, she legally separated from him. And if you're wondering why she didn't just divorce him, it's because NC law requires a couple be separated for a year before they can file for divorce. As for Bill and Hillary, I totally agree that's a political marriage. She overlooks his cheating so she can use his name and connections. To divorce him now would ruin her credibility. She's essentially boxed herself into a bad marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
It's David Letterman who cheated, not Jay Leno.
I know that. I cited Leno not as an example of infidelity, but as an example of someone who everyone currently hates given his apparent machinations to steal The Tonight Show from Conan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Those comments are probably coming from a new book called "Game Change", about the 2008 Presidential election. Everybody gets trashed...the Clintons, Barack Obama, John McCain, Sarah Palin, John and Elizabeth Edwards, etc.
A book that has zero credibility given that none of it is sourced. This is the sad state of today's mainstream media. They can write a book that's full of dirt about public figures and not have to back any of it up with a single shred of evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships