Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 01:14 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
Timely thread, with plenty of good tidbits.
I'm going on a date tonight, a first date. Actually the first date I've had in over twenty two years.
i hope that I won't have a huge list #1 things that ticks me off to share. LOL.

Good luck!

I would have to say a major turn off would be to use the "F" word!
Hopefully, he would be mature enough to have out grown this stage.
Another one would be if he was late!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 01:18 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
Timely thread, with plenty of good tidbits.
I'm going on a date tonight, a first date. Actually the first date I've had in over twenty two years.
i hope that I won't have a huge list #1 things that ticks me off to share. LOL.
haha Well, you'll have to come back tomorrow and let us know if there's anything to add to the list! And hell, you might have a good enough story to start a new thread

Have fun on your date!

Old 01-30-2010, 01:54 PM

127 posts, read 312,139 times
My biggest turn-off on a first date, or any date? If my date answers or talks on his cell phone! Turn it off! That is just so incredibly rude.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.rain View Post
My biggest turn-off on a first date, or any date? If my date answers or talks on his cell phone! Turn it off! That is just so incredibly rude.
women do it all the time just in case it's an EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2010, 02:06 PM

519 posts, read 1,049,713 times
For when I was dating...

For me it's ANY kind of sexual question or talk on the first date and it's OVER.

That's just crass, yukky, weird and wrong.

I would also immediately dump any guy who had a mean look in his eye, was rude to ANYONE in my presence or said anything just a bit 'off'.

I dumped a*seholes.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:09 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
My reaction, "she is sure trying hard for a nice tip"? Caught ya!LOL......
That would be funny as long as she doesn't hear you, otherwise it's insulting which isn't something your date should find attractive.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:38 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
yep! I will add I went on a date with this guy it was going pretty well until.....the first date goodnight kiss. He seemed pretty reserved the rest of the date so I was expecting maybe a small peck or something but no I seriously think he was either trying to eat my face or drown me in drool..eww
Been there, had that happen to me too! But it wasn't such a great date up to that point either. Firstly, he said we were "going out to dinner"...we went to Applebee's and had appetizers and beer. That was really okay with me though because I loved their appetizers. Then he said he had a place he wanted to take me so he took me to the local VFW Hall! Now, that might not have been too bad but when we played pool he insisted that I wrack the balls. Why? So he could 'check out' my butt everytime. So, I said no more pool. First date...lots of embarassment. We sat at a table and 'tried' to talk but he kept getting involved with the 'old guys' at the bar and wanted to get in on swapping 'war stories'. Booooooooring. I had driven my own car to meet him...learned THAT lesson really early on...and told him I had to go. He walked me to my car, grabbed me and tried to push his face right through my head! And slobbery? Yuck!!!!

That was a first and last date but he knew where I hung out and would show up there sometimes. I finally had my cousin "talk to him".

And then there was the old fart who kept telling me, every 15 minutes, that he wasn't trying to get into my pants. It had never entered my mind that he was/would and it irritated me that he kept saying it. After him, and few others my age, I quit dating altogether and it's been years.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:40 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I suppose asking her to pull my finger wouldn't come off well would it.......

Old 01-30-2010, 04:01 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
I hate the "job interview" dates where I get hit with 20 questions about my relationship history, why I haven't been married, etc.

Foul language and asking sexual questions is a big turn-off as well.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:28 PM

146 posts, read 371,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I haven't done a lot of the "dating" thing having been married for 10 years, but I'm sure I'll have some to relate once I hear others.

One that I related to from the guys thread, is people that try to talk politics on the first date, a subject that rarely ends with out the other party being pissed off.
For me, "putting it on me" really gets to me on the first date. If a guy makes a move like that, it just makes me think that is all he wanted all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships