Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 03:27 PM

530 posts, read 779,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
Brother, don't take advice from women, because they don't have heterosexual relationships with women.

According to women, your a woman in your "league" is a woman who collects $200 a month from welfare, has a child she can't take care of, has terrible credit, has a criminal record, and friends who will knock you in the head in order to get the last dollar in your wallet.
Wow aren't you one fuzzy warm ray of sunshine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 03:31 PM

272 posts, read 286,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
Wow aren't you one fuzzy warm ray of sunshine!
I am just being honest. Women know that I am telling the truth.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:48 PM

202 posts, read 484,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Well thanks for using my thread as a launching pad for your preaching So since you admit that women pursue men with a good career or are picky about a guys career I guess my original question is still valid. Does a guy like me just serial date or pledge celibacy or what? By the way men want to feel needed yes but there are a lot of ways you can show that it doesn't have to be shown through money.

For my PREACHING??? You came on here crying about not finding a woman, and ask for opinions, and then you slam them?? By the way, the post that i just did was not directed at YOU..it was directed at another poster. Listen, "good career" does not necessarily mean tons of money either. I made $70,000 last year, according to my W2's. Not shabby, but im not buying $400,000 houses either. I started working when i was 16 yrs old, cleaning dirty laundry at a nursing home. I graduated high school, and put myself through college, and got the job I have now had for 21 years. I also work overtime, so I have long ass hours at times. YOU THINK THAT LOOKING FOR A MAN THAT IS SOMEWHAT ON PAR WITH MY OWN WORK ETHIC AND EARNING POTENTIAL IS JUST CARING ABOUT MONEY????? I bring the same darn things to the table..hello?? Let me say that again. I-bring-the-same-darn-things-to-the-table. But yet I cant ask for the guy to do the same????? Really?

You say that is being picky? No..I didnt say what KIND of career he has to have, or even how much money he should make. He could work in an office, or work at a car dealership, or work as a mechanic, or be a cop, a fireman, a plumber, a school teacher, a supervisor at a grocery store.

Read this carefully. I am 43 years old. So, when I talk about what I look for in a man, THIS is the age bracket I'm thinking of. If a man is 43 years old, lives with his momma, has had 5 different jobs in the past 10 years, and currently works sweeping the floors at Mcdonalds for minimum wage, no i'm not going to look upon him as well as the guy who has his own place, and has been working as a mechanic in a car dealership for the past 10 years.

If the guy is 20 years old, and doing those things, no problem. He is only 20. But at 43, you better have your s--t together. Some of you actually find fault with that?? Are you serious? And as you can see, some of the careers Im listing are not glamerous, huge money making careers.
Because that's not the point!!

Listen, it's just not about the money!! I look at that mechanic guy as someone who went out, acquired a skill, and stuck to his job for a number of years. He didnt bounce around from job to job, doing menial work, leaving his job, never trying to improve on himself to do something better. THIS is what I look at, moreso than how much money the guy is bringing in. Do you GET that now?? He could have a good career, and yet make LESS than me. A friend of mine is a VET technician. He has been doing that job for 7 years, and has been at the same Animal Hospital. I made more money than he did last year, but if he were single, and older, I would have no problem dating him.

And men should look at women the same way. WHY should a man, if he is looking for a LTR/potential wife, date some chick who sleeps all day, works 4 hours at Dunkin donuts, and goes and gets her nails done??
I dont care if the chick was making $20 bucks an hour at Dunkin Dunuts..im not impressed by that. But that's just me.

Wouldn't you rather have a woman who was..lets say a secretary at a law firm, and she works full time, has been there for a number of years, and is taking classes to improve her position at the firm?

Im sorry..im impressed with hard work, and self improvement. I do look at what a potential mate is doing with his life, career wise, etc. If that offends you OP, so be it. Apparently you should try it. ( the self improvement) Maybe you would not be so bitter.

Last edited by Winecountry1; 01-30-2010 at 04:00 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 03:51 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times
Quote:
I am just being honest. Women know that I am telling the truth.
The only thing I know is that you are selling a cynical, bitter crock of s h i t. Tell me, is life that wonderful underneath your cloud of gloom and doom?

Old 01-30-2010, 03:52 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
wintecountry all I did was ask if I should just date casually, not date at all or pursue a traditional relationship with a woman. Where the h*ll was I crying? Where did I say I wasn't improving myself....where did I say I was broke? Where did I say I wanted a career woman? Where did I say I wanted a woman in their 40's that makes more money than me? Which leads me to my main question - have you been drinking? It is Saturday after all. My question was a valid question that I was wondering about. You didn't answer my question in your original post you sort of went off on a tangent instead which is why I replied to you to begin with. Now that you went off on a second tangent you still did not answer the question I posed. Woooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
For my PREACHING??? You came on here crying about not finding a woman, and ask for opinions, and then you slam them?? By the way, the post that i just did was not directed at YOU..it was directed at another poster. Listen, "good career" does not necessarily mean tons of money either. I made $70,000 last year, according to my W2's. Not shabby, but im not buying $400,000 houses either. I started working when i was 16 yrs old, cleaning dirty laundry at a nursing home. I graduated high school, and put myself through college, and got the job I have now had for 21 years. I also work overtime, so I have long ass hours at times. YOU THINK THAT LOOKING FOR A MAN THAT IS SOMEWHAT ON PAR WITH MY OWN WORK ETHIC AND EARNING POTENTIAL IS JUST CARING ABOUT MONEY????? I bring the same darn things to the table..hello??

You say that is being picky? No..I didnt say what KIND of career he has to have, or how much money he should make. He could work in an office, or work at a car dealership, or work as a mechanic, or be a cop, a fireman, a plumber, a school teacher, a supervisor at a grocery store.

Read this carefully. I am 43 years old. So, when I talk about what I look for in a man, THIS is the age bracket I'm thinking of. If a man is 43 years old, lives with his momma, has had 5 different jobs in the past 10 years, and currently works sweeping the floors at Mcdonalds for minimum wage, no i'm not going to look upon him as well as the guy who has his own place, and has been working as a mechanic in a car dealership for the past 10 years.

If the guy is 20 years old, and doing those things, no problem. He is only 20. But at 43, you better have your s--t together. Some of you actually find fault with that?? Are you serious?

Listen, it's just not about the money!! I look at that mechanic guy as someone who went out, acquired a skill, and stuck to his job for a number of years. He didnt bounce around from job to job, doing menial work, leaving his job, never trying to improve on himself to do something better. THIS is what I look at, moreso than how much money the guy is bringing in. Do you GET that now?? He could have a good career, and yet make LESS than me. A friend of mine is a VET technician. He has been doing that job for 7 years, and has been at the same Animal Hospital. I made more money than he did last year, but if he were single, and older, I would have no problem dating him.

And men should look at women the same way. WHY should a man, if he is looking for a LTR/potential wife, date some chick who sleeps all day, works 4 hours at Dunkin donuts, and goes and gets her nails done??
I dont care if the chick was making $20 bucks an hour at Dunkin Dunuts..im not impressed by that. But that's just me.

Wouldn't you rather have a woman who was..lets say a secretary at a law firm, and she works full time, has been there for a number of years, and is taking classes to improve her position at the firm?

Im sorry..im impressed with hard work, and self improvement. I do look at what a potential mate is doing with his life, career wise, etc. If that offends you OP, so be it. Apparently you should try it. ( the self improvement) Maybe you would not be so bitter.

You're screening men like the FBI screens applicants for special agent positions. Are they going to get a $55,000 a year salary, relocation pay, and federal benefits if you select them?

Old 01-30-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
The only thing I know is that you are selling a cynical, bitter crock of s h i t. Tell me, is life that wonderful underneath your cloud of gloom and doom?
I have the freedom of not being bound to the rules social rules of society and having to meet requirements set by delusional women.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:03 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times
Quote:
I have the freedom of not being bound to the rules social rules of society and having to meet requirements set by delusional women.
This is nothing about the implied rules of society or requirements women have.

This is ALL about you being burned and bitter from past experiences and letting those exact past experiences take control of your life and viewpoint. I mean, hey, if you want to wallow in misery, self-pity, and cynicism, then be my guest. It's your life. You can waste it if you want.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:07 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I am having a hard time with this I would like to find a nice woman to spend time with and let it grow into a relationship. But most women my age are looking for someone that is really successful and already has a good paying job. I'm not at that point yet it my life and I don't have a house so should I just concentrate on basic dating and not worry about a long term relationship? If I just say I'm looking to date will I get labeled as one of those guys that is a serial date or a commitmentphobe? I'm not poor or broke I've never married and I don't have any kids but like I said most women probably don't consider someone in my position as relationship material. I'm in my early 30's and I assume I at least deserve some type of interaction with the opposite sex.
I see you already have a lot of answers to your post so I hope I'm not being redundant. If I am....

First off, why are you letting "society" dictate anything to you? You are an individual and, thank God, we are NOT all alike nor do we live our lives exactly as others do. You do for YOU, not "society" and what you think they expect of you.

Second, whatever happened to couples marrying "on a shoestring" and making it together as a couple, as helpmates and as partners? Somehow it used to work and both started out on an even footing. Yes, it's a good thing to get an education, career start and some savings put away but why do people feel it necessary to already have "success" in their lives before they can have an LTR?

Third, early 30s is just about the perfect age to really start looking for a lifelong partner. If I could stay one age, forever and ever, it would be 35. But then my entire 30s were super great so... My opinion is that the older we are when we really settle down the better off we are. But it's VERY important that you settle down with the same type of person. That takes time...sometimes lots of time. Patience should be the keyword, maybe?

Old 01-30-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
For my PREACHING??? You came on here crying about not finding a woman, and ask for opinions, and then you slam them?? By the way, the post that i just did was not directed at YOU..it was directed at another poster. Listen, "good career" does not necessarily mean tons of money either. I made $70,000 last year, according to my W2's. Not shabby, but im not buying $400,000 houses either. I started working when i was 16 yrs old, cleaning dirty laundry at a nursing home. I graduated high school, and put myself through college, and got the job I have now had for 21 years. I also work overtime, so I have long ass hours at times. YOU THINK THAT LOOKING FOR A MAN THAT IS SOMEWHAT ON PAR WITH MY OWN WORK ETHIC AND EARNING POTENTIAL IS JUST CARING ABOUT MONEY????? I bring the same darn things to the table..hello?? Let me say that again. I-bring-the-same-darn-things-to-the-table. But yet I cant ask for the guy to do the same????? Really?

You say that is being picky? No..I didnt say what KIND of career he has to have, or even how much money he should make. He could work in an office, or work at a car dealership, or work as a mechanic, or be a cop, a fireman, a plumber, a school teacher, a supervisor at a grocery store.

If the guy is 20 years old, and doing those things, no problem. He is only 20. But at 43, you better have your s--t together. Some of you actually find fault with that?? Are you serious? And as you can see, some of the careers Im listing are not glamerous, huge money making careers.
Because that's not the point!!

Are you going to grant a guy top secret clearance if he meets your standards.
My employment record isn't the best, but even I was granted top secret clearance in order to work as a government contractor. The only thing I had to do was explain my gaps in employment. Since I didn't have a criminal record and I had decent credit, I was granted the clearance. The references I put down also helped out too.

Hey lady, you're looking for a man to be in your life. You're not hiring anyone that needs top secret clearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships