Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,312 times

Advertisements

Hey I'm Rob...i have been single since last October. I'm a good looking guy, very funny, and very caring and generous.....I just lost my job of 5 years due to being involved with a law-suit at work and the economy. I ended up having to move back in with my mother up in Tennessee. Before i lost the job i was paying the bills but barely getting by so therefore i never had a date life. Everyone i came across stopped talking with me after they saw the money i could afford to spend on going out.

Well now i'll be collecting unemployment and it feels like there is no hope of there being any good women in my age group out there who would even talk to me....Do u guys see this as i need to make more money for stability just to get a woman's attention?...or is it that more and more women just don't realize how hard it is at the bottom these days for a guy like me so they ignore me? Just want some honest feedback...thanx alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 01:10 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,171 times
Heck with women right now, work to find good employment and a career direction. Work on improving your life. Once that confidence comes, women won't be a problem. (they do tend to prefer employed men as well)

Old 11-25-2009, 01:12 AM

147 posts, read 329,629 times
Ok, I am going to cut right to the bone on this one. I would not call myself materialistic or a gold digger but I want to be with someone as a partner, not someone that I have to support. I am not saying that you have to make more money than I do but you have to be bringing something to the table. On the opposite sides of this are women who want to be the breadwinners and there are women who want the man to bring home all the money. To sum it all up, everyone is different in what they expect from their s/o. Keep looking and you will find someone who respects you for you-not what is in your wallet.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:13 AM

thanx for your view of it...i agree and have been in the mode of heck with women right now...lol...i'm just thinking that if they ain't with me at the bottom then why would i want them in my life when things aka "money" gets good?

Old 11-25-2009, 01:14 AM

147 posts, read 329,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Heck with women right now, work to find good employment and a career direction. Work on improving your life. Once that confidence comes, women won't be a problem. (they do tend to prefer employed men as well)
And that too.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
thanx for your view of it...i agree and have been in the mode of heck with women right now...lol...i'm just thinking that if they ain't with me at the bottom then why would i want them in my life when things aka "money" gets good?
No, it really doesn't work that way. Not normally. Women do not have any moral obligation to "stick with you" in the hard times when they don't really know you.

Just forget about women right now, it will simplify things and giv eyou more clarity anyway. Not to mention, they are a pain in the ass!!! =-)

Old 11-25-2009, 01:21 AM

looks like i'll be going it alone for a while guys...i can get work as a pizza driver up here...i just got here..but im thinking im gonna be just getting by again because hours are hard to come by..and school is not an option anymore...i kinda got screwed by the schedule 3 semesters in a row at DeVry and lost the skills and honestly the motivation i had to continue since it was hands on and i forgot alot...i was 4 classes away from graduation at the time..that was 6 years ago....i cant get a loan anymore for anything else...no one i know has credit enough to cosine for me to do any other schooling...so ive been stuck working at Domino's the last 5 years ...and had 2 girlfriends in that time period...one which cheated on me twice and the other left when i started losing my hours at work and couldn't do the things we used to do...thanx anyways i guess it is about the money like adam sandler said in wedding singer to that one chick...lol

Old 11-25-2009, 01:38 AM

127 posts, read 312,044 times
School is always an option, you can go to community college. You can work full time and take night classes, if your job doesn't have enough hours then you can get two jobs and go to school. People do it all of the time, it just depends on how hard you want to work to get ahead. And no I would not date someone who didn't have a job, just like I wouldn't expect someone to date me if I didn't have a job.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:41 AM

Nah, it ain't all about the money always. The main thing, when you're down on your luck, your insecurities and disappointments tend to permeate outward and females can smell that **** a mile away, lol. Like I said, just work your butt off and get right with yourself first.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.rain View Post
School is always an option, you can go to community college. You can work full time and take night classes, if your job doesn't have enough hours then you can get two jobs and go to school. People do it all of the time, it just depends on how hard you want to work to get ahead. And no I would not date someone who didn't have a job, just like I wouldn't expect someone to date me if I didn't have a job.

wish it was all black and white like that for me...i can't get a loan for anything....and going back to Devry is just a waist of time because i remember about 20 percent of what i learned theer and if i got back i could only fail the review coarse once and then wouldnt be able to take it again because i failed it one time already...

on the lab project because my partner didnt bring everything he needed for it so we failed that and i failed the coarse...so with lost knowledge i dont have the confidence of passing the class again because 80 percent was hands on training which is either forgotten now by me or out-dated from 6 years ago...im in default on my loans now anyway and cant afford to even pay the minimum every month in my situation now...

i can barely eat as it is right now..wish it was easy as busting ass and being the best but ive learned being the best and busting ass usually gets u no where in a job from my experience....i was a person who knew every job in my store at Domino's pizza but new managment gave hours to people who couldnt take a customers order on a phone or wash dishes....while i got hours cut because a lawsuit involving my roomates which the owners knew we all lived together....like i say i wish it was all black and white like it is for alot of people..my experience is different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships