Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It's a daily thing beginning with making the coffee in the morning, being attentive, paying attention, listening, doing a lot of the cooking, etc. I've never forgotten or overlooked a special date or event in our lives and most of all, I've been loving and generous to her daughters and her grandchildren -- something the girls' father never was.

A year ago my wife had a horrible fall resulting in a shattered wrist and shoulder as well as breaks in her upper arm. She's now disabled to the extent that she has no range of motion in her arm, thankfully for her, the left one. That means she can't drive, lift much or do most two-handed tasks. She does what she can but it's now severely diminished. All the rest is left up to me now. But that's OK! It also gives real meaning to "for better or worse, in sickness and in health."

All that aside, she's a good woman who loves me, brings out the best in me and lets me be myself. I really couldn't ask for more.
That's awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 08:10 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
It's a daily thing beginning with making the coffee in the morning, being attentive, paying attention, listening, doing a lot of the cooking, etc. I've never forgotten or overlooked a special date or event in our lives and most of all, I've been loving and generous to her daughters and her grandchildren -- something the girls' father never was.

A year ago my wife had a horrible fall resulting in a shattered wrist and shoulder as well as breaks in her upper arm. She's now disabled to the extent that she has no range of motion in her arm, thankfully for her, the left one. That means she can't drive, lift much or do most two-handed tasks. She does what she can but it's now severely diminished. All the rest is left up to me now. But that's OK! It also gives real meaning to "for better or worse, in sickness and in health."

All that aside, she's a good woman who loves me, brings out the best in me and lets me be myself. I really couldn't ask for more.
You sound like a good man. Tried to rep ya.......

Old 01-31-2010, 08:13 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
My husband and I work together every day. Last week, I stayed home with our son, because he had a bad cold. I know how focused my husband gets at work and can forget to eat or would rather skip a meal than leave the office.

So I cooked him a hot lunch, prepared a huge thermos of home-brewed coffee, bundled my son in the car and brought it to him at work and then drove right back home. It put a real smile on his face.

In the past, our marriage went through a very difficult time and it seemed that each of us was taking the other for granted. Now, he & I have learned that it's those little unexpected gestures, just because, that are so valuable & appreciated.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:15 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:

Awesome. *sniffle*

Old 01-31-2010, 08:20 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
Quote:

Wish I could've repped you!

You sound like an honorable and amazing man.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Thank y'all for kind words and good intentions. I'm a husband. That's all there is to it.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:28 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
Thank y'all for kind words and good intentions. I'm a husband. That's all there is to it.
That may be. However it is something often forgotten.

It reminds me of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcpGyKkME9k

Old 01-31-2010, 08:38 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
Well we are back to playing the distance game for a little bit so I can't really physically do things for my lovely fella BUT I am getting a kick out of him reporting he's found another of stash of Hershey's hugs & kisses I planted around the house before I left, knowing he still hasn't found them all yet.

And today I hunted up a song on youtube and sent to him just because I'm turning into a mushy freak.

Oh and I got a couple of other things on the backburner BUT they're a secret so I can't divulge them here.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:00 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Oh and I got a couple of other things on the backburner BUT they're a secret so I can't divulge them here.
Oh, go ahead. We won't tell anyone. Promise!

Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
Quote:
Oh, go ahead. We won't tell anyone. Promise!
Well see now if I did, I'd have to gouge out his eyes and that's not going to happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships