Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:07 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times

Advertisements

Men don't do it.
Ask yourself what in the world makes you want to marry this person knowing the damaging results if it doesnt work out.

No matter how much you love this person what is the benefit.
If the marriage fails divorce will be forever damaging. If you have kids in most cases she wins and your left paying child support payments. She probably gets the house while you look for a place to live in the separation of which you have to support yourself, your kids and now your soon to be ex wives living expenses. Even if she works you will be paying while everything is still in your name as she lives in your house with your kids and your left alone in an apartment.

Until you go thru a divorce you have no idea the emotional and financial damage a divorce will do to you. While many of us HOPE the other person will be reasonable and look for a FAIR financial break women don't do that. They believe they are entitled since they idea of marriage and or dreams did not come true. They don't know what yours is yours and what mine is mine is.
Women see this as if you BROKE a promise and the most sweet normal women you married treats you like she doesn't know you exist and goes insane. While you may think this wont happen what happens if it does.

So if a women loves you then she shouldn't love your money and you shouldn't love hers. If you have any sanity before you marry PREN UP I don't care if your making no money PREN UP!!! That any money you make is yours at the time of the divorce. Because when its over your left broke and struggle to pay the bills while she gets a second income like your still married when in fact your NOT. The system is set up to status quo the marriage which makes so sense because your getting a divorce.

When you get a divorce do not I repeat do not go thru a lawyer first. Try a a third party to debate and discuss your agreement only as a last resort should you be sitting in a divorce lawyers office.
Lawyers suck you dry they make mistakes on paper work over and over and look for ways to bill you. No matter what SELL THE HOUSE!!!!

I love you doesnt mean you have to give up everything you ever worked for to be happy or to live with this person. It doesnt mean you have to let another person CONTROL your life after they decided they didnt want to be married anymore and that goes for the both sexies. MONEY is control and with money those who have it can move on and those who dont have it are starting over in so many ways.

PS women who are working moms and making alot of money should consider the samething that your money at the time of the divorce and your income are not subject to be taken and the person your divorcing has not right or say to 401K, and income status.

Women want the benefit of marriage the income and the security then think in having a divorce that should continue. I'm sorry your divorcing the person and in divorcing that person you have choosen to give up that security and that income and start over. MEN, the system is not interested in justice and fairness it only wants to keep status quo economically for the women and legally break the marriage. Dads and men are screwed because most men dont get full living residance cust of the kids which means they dont get to see their kids everyday as they did in the marriage. They are luck for they get every other weekend. They dont get to have the benefit of a shared income, shared living arrangments but are required to pay as if he was still there no matter what the reason for the divorce is. Assuming you want to pay 15,000 in lawyer fees and time in court to roll the dice that the judge will agree with you.

PS marriage doesnt equal more sex..
For most married men it = less sex.
It is because men think with the wrong head and the only one getting screwed is the guy looking the in mirror every morning.

Fair... will be word you can your move from your vocab.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
I suppose if I had the energy I could go on a long rant about how much men suck, but I won't. I don't know why so many people in this country are so gung-ho about marriage, nothing wrong w/staying w/someone just because you love them, not because now you're stuck in a marriage & to leave means spending money.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:35 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I suppose if I had the energy I could go on a long rant about how much men suck, but I won't. I don't know why so many people in this country are so gung-ho about marriage, nothing wrong w/staying w/someone just because you love them, not because now you're stuck in a marriage & to leave means spending money.

Spending money to divorce is one thing for legal reasons.
Spending money to support a marriage that is broken and justify all the reasons the other person believes they are entitled to your paycheck is another thing.
This is not about how women suck.
I love women I just think once women who want a divorce have a system that is unfair against men and the income discussion. Which is why every man needs a PREN UP and that is all I am saying.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Gee, you sound like you'd be fun to be married to.
I'd hit the road as soon as I could, too.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:44 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Posting to political? Fail.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:50 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Men don't do it.
Ask yourself what in the world makes you want to marry this person knowing the damaging results if it doesnt work out.

No matter how much you love this person what is the benefit.
If the marriage fails divorce will be forever damaging. If you have kids in most cases she wins and your left paying child support payments. She probably gets the house while you look for a place to live in the separation of which you have to support yourself, your kids and now your soon to be ex wives living expenses. Even if she works you will be paying while everything is still in your name as she lives in your house with your kids and your left alone in an apartment.

Until you go thru a divorce you have no idea the emotional and financial damage a divorce will do to you. While many of us HOPE the other person will be reasonable and look for a FAIR financial break women don't do that. They believe they are entitled since they idea of marriage and or dreams did not come true. They don't know what yours is yours and what mine is mine is.
Women see this as if you BROKE a promise and the most sweet normal women you married treats you like she doesn't know you exist and goes insane. While you may think this wont happen what happens if it does.

So if a women loves you then she shouldn't love your money and you shouldn't love hers. If you have any sanity before you marry PREN UP I don't care if your making no money PREN UP!!! That any money you make is yours at the time of the divorce. Because when its over your left broke and struggle to pay the bills while she gets a second income like your still married when in fact your NOT. The system is set up to status quo the marriage which makes so sense because your getting a divorce.

When you get a divorce do not I repeat do not go thru a lawyer first. Try a a third party to debate and discuss your agreement only as a last resort should you be sitting in a divorce lawyers office.
Lawyers suck you dry they make mistakes on paper work over and over and look for ways to bill you. No matter what SELL THE HOUSE!!!!

I love you doesnt mean you have to give up everything you ever worked for to be happy or to live with this person. It doesnt mean you have to let another person CONTROL your life after they decided they didnt want to be married anymore and that goes for the both sexies. MONEY is control and with money those who have it can move on and those who dont have it are starting over in so many ways.

PS women who are working moms and making alot of money should consider the samething that your money at the time of the divorce and your income are not subject to be taken and the person your divorcing has not right or say to 401K, and income status.

Women want the benefit of marriage the income and the security then think in having a divorce that should continue. I'm sorry your divorcing the person and in divorcing that person you have choosen to give up that security and that income and start over. MEN, the system is not interested in justice and fairness it only wants to keep status quo economically for the women and legally break the marriage. Dads and men are screwed because most men dont get full living residance cust of the kids which means they dont get to see their kids everyday as they did in the marriage. They are luck for they get every other weekend. They dont get to have the benefit of a shared income, shared living arrangments but are required to pay as if he was still there no matter what the reason for the divorce is. Assuming you want to pay 15,000 in lawyer fees and time in court to roll the dice that the judge will agree with you.

PS marriage doesnt equal more sex..
For most married men it = less sex.
It is because men think with the wrong head and the only one getting screwed is the guy looking the in mirror every morning.

Fair... will be word you can your move from your vocab.
What I think I understood from your post is that a) you got screwed and b) you're bitter.

Sorry about your experience.

The generalizations in your post do not bear much weight with me...I divorced two husbands and never asked for alimony. Did I try to take their stuff? No...in fact, ex #1 even refused to collect HIS things. Ex #1 then went on to take me to court for more visitation, which I readily granted. He NEVER saw his son on a regular basis after that.

Why wasn't I greedy? For one thing, that is not in my nature. For another, I have always made more money than the men in my life, so if there should be a prenup in place, I should be the one initiating it.

I suggest you think twice about the people you choose to engage in a relationship....and if that fails, at least get a better attorney.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
rayne, I left my husband and took nothing.
We're still friends.
He told me he forged my signature on a house we owned.
What do I care? I own two houses on my own and live all over the world.

I'd have to have pretty bad taste if I could find nothing good in a person that I chose to marry.
It would say more about me than anyone else.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
Here's what's always perplexed me: for YEARS now, we hear men b*tching about marriage....how the woman does nothing but nag & complain, how the sex has gone downhill, how he never sees his friends, etc. etc. etc. If men have been saying that for years now, why in the hell do men still get married if it's such a god awful experience?

Old 02-01-2010, 02:05 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
rayne, I left my husband and took nothing.
We're still friends.
He told me he forged my signature on a house we owned.
What do I care? I own two houses on my own and live all over the world.

I'd have to have pretty bad taste if I could find nothing good in a person that I chose to marry.
It would say more about me than anyone else.
Wow, our exes sound like the same man

There is simply a lot to be said for being a married woman of independent means should anything unforseeable occur in the marriage.

Not having a financial dependency on a man was the single best piece of advice I ever received from my dad, and it's something I hope my daughter takes to heart.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:15 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
This belongs here why exactly?? What is the politics or the controversy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships