Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of people fall for their coworkers purely from the amount of time they spend together.

If you spend enough time with someone alone, something is bound to develop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 11:54 AM

911 posts, read 2,374,732 times
i work in a hospital full of beutiful women so its very east to like one (or more) or them

take it from me
DONT DO IT

if it fails badly you still gotta look at that person everyday and pretty good chance that person will bad mouth you to other women in the building even if you did absolutly nothing wrong

dont fish off the company peir, dont dip your pen in company ink, dont swin in the company pond, dont sh#t where you eat, and so on and so on

there is a reason why sayings like that exist....

Old 02-02-2010, 11:56 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
You spend a lot of time together, you know them well, and you may wind up with deep respect for them because of their skills, kindness, etc.

But I would NEVER advise even thinking about dating or messing around with someone you work with. The consequences are...not worth it.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:45 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,694,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
This happens to me all the time and from what I understand it happens to a lot of people. What's the deal there is it just human nature due to the amount of time you spend with people at work? I've had the hots for at least one person everywhere I have worked my entire life, usually more than one person.
Well, when I saw this, I knew I had to respond. I'm going to say what I truly feel about this even if others will disagree. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having feelings for someone that you work with. This has happened to me too. You can't really choose who you have feelings for, it just happens and I do tend to believe it is part of human nature. What are you supposed to do? Suppress the feelings and fight against them? That's not healthy. But also I think caution should be used in these situations to make sure that first of all if the place you work at allows dating between work colleagues. Secondly, I suggest taking it slow and if the other person feels the same way about you, then go for it! Besides, in this country it should be of no concern to employers what two people do in their free time outside of the workplace. If two people want to spend time with each other they should. If you will develop feelings for someone you work with so what? It happens all the time and it is also healthy IMO to fantasize about it if it makes you feel good. There's an old saying that says if it ain't fun don't do it. If you love someone that much, I say who cares what anyone thinks, go for it while you can! I used to know a guy who met his future wife at one of the places he used to work at and he wasn't even thinking about getting married. If you fall in love with the person and marry them, then the effort would have been worth it. If not, then that's fine too. At least you had the experience of dating. But I stress again that this situation should be approached with caution. Make sure to not have any PDA's!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:49 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
What an appropriate thread and timing!! I have noticed this realllly good looking girl in the offices next to us and I am all but convinced I need to stalk her life.

Seriously though, I think I will have to go introduce myself before I go home for the day.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:52 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
What an appropriate thread and timing!! I have noticed this realllly good looking girl in the offices next to us and I am all but convinced I need to stalk her life.

Seriously though, I think I will have to go introduce myself before I go home for the day.
Say hi to SierraAZ for us.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
say hi to sierraaz for us. :d

lmao!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:09 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Say hi to SierraAZ for us.
Lol - you really think she would live here?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:11 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
This happens to me all the time and from what I understand it happens to a lot of people. What's the deal there is it just human nature due to the amount of time you spend with people at work? I've had the hots for at least one person everywhere I have worked my entire life, usually more than one person.
I think its natural because of the connection you make with someone from spending so much time together.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:22 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Of course you develop relationships with people you work with. I met my second husband in the workplace but he was an outside contractor of sorts.

In all my long years of being in the corporate workplace it was all about work and nothing else, but of course I'm going back donkey's years. I've always been a professional in my work arena whether it's been corporate or private. Mixing business with pleasure is a fool's game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships