Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:16 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlWhoLovesLife View Post
Thanks for confirming the fact that i'm an athlete, Lucario. haha. i'm glad those aren't "lifter's numbers" though, cause I'd rather workout in a smart way for what i'm trying to achieve in swimming. Swimmers need a lean muscle stature and that's all i'm going for.. Not tryna beef up over here, haha especially after learning dudes don't dig it anyway

Only the ones who are easily intimidated (ref my post early in this thread).

I agree, train for your sport and train the way you enjoy, whether conducive to lean athletics or heavy athletics -- but me, I LOVES some muscle on a woman.

I disagree with steroid use for weightlifting and bodybuilding, same for hGH; she can have all the muscle in the world but I want a WOMAN in more than the technical sense. Some women lift heavy and are still feminine, some go the "chemically enhanced" route and turn into men -- bleh!

I'm sure it goes way back; as a kid all my friends dug Wonder Woman, I had a thing for She-Hulk... Then again, despite the extra weight I'm sporting these days I tend to be stronger than your average bear, so strong women don't have me buffaloed in the least. Bench 250? I can feel a twitch south of the beltline just at the mention of that!

My God -- throw in brains and martial arts and I'd veritably SWOON!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 01:25 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I agree. Female bodybuilders are NOT attractive.

Give me a chick like this any day. Overhead squatting her body weight of 123 lbs.

YouTube - Overhead Squat - Bodyweight x 15 reps

Okay, I'm not trying to be crude, but that was downright arousing.

Did anyone else find themselves sitting there and "chair spotting" by her second attempt? (muttering under your breath "Come on, come on..." as though you were there spotting a partner?)

And did anyone else look at the second and especially the third attempts and think she might have made it except that her breathing seemed off?

Old 03-24-2010, 02:38 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I agree. Female bodybuilders are NOT attractive.

Give me a chick like this any day. Overhead squatting her body weight of 123 lbs.

YouTube - Overhead Squat - Bodyweight x 15 reps
I concur.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:02 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
It's a huge pet peeve of mine that women assume that if they lift weights, they will get huge muscles like men.

1) It's insulting because a lot of men put a lot of sweat into muscles. Don't be all insulting and think you'll hit a shoulder press and put an inch an a half on your shoulders over night.

2) It's ignorant. Unless you pump your body full of Testosterone, your muscles aren't going to respond the same to weight training, as a man's. I like muscular arms and legs. I guess an example would be looking at Barbie Blanks, a fitness competitor.
I know and I HATE it! Women today have somehow become experts in muscle building (despite the fact that many have trouble opening a cookie jar) and refuse to lift weights out of the belief that they will grow excessive muscle tissue.

Unless I feel the woman is open minded, I just let women like that live in ignorance, but it's hard to hold back explaining the issue sometimes.

So I will say it again, just to get it off my chest once and for all: ALL YOU STICK FIGURE, 100-140lbs, ESTROGEN FILLED WOMEN WILL NOT DEVELOP EXCESSIVE MUSCLE IF YOU LIFT WEIGHTS IN ANY VARIOUS DEGREE!!!

Old 03-25-2010, 02:13 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I'm a woman. I never used steroids and I've benched 240. And I haven't had anyone say I look all that different or any problem getting attention from men.

The record for my 'class' (5'6" women) was over 350 pounds. So mid-200s ain't really no thing.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm a woman. I never used steroids and I've benched 240. And I haven't had anyone say I look all that different or any problem getting attention from men.

The record for my 'class' (5'6" women) was over 350 pounds. So mid-200s ain't really no thing.

There are no height classes in powerlifting, just weight classes. So I am not understanding your post.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Sorry...forgot to post the weight. It was late. The lady was 5'6" and weighed 160, I think.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:01 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
No thanks! She might go into roid rage in bed and break me or break it in half or something.

N

O

Old 03-25-2010, 10:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sorry...forgot to post the weight. It was late. The lady was 5'6" and weighed 160, I think.

There are some great female lifters out there, sure. The present American record for the bench in the 165-lb class is 336 pounds. Superheavyweight (198+) is 402.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Moderator cut: image removed

Ali Huston bench presses 275 pounds and looks gorgeous to me!!

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships