Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:02 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
1) Political e-mails. Okay, by sending me this, you just basically said, "You know, I think you're too dumb or lazy to investigate the issues yourself, so I'm going to descend from my lofty perch to enlighten you."
I agree with the rest, but you pretty much verbalized how I feel about the political junk. Knowing the campaign flunkies are relying on the naivete of the general population, to have someone pass it along to me is insulting. As if I'm just going to take the word of the thousands of strangers before me that Obama is a actually Carol Burnette's and Osama Bin Laden's love child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 03:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I agree with the rest, but you pretty much verbalized how I feel about the political junk. Knowing the campaign flunkies are relying on the naivete of the general population, to have someone pass it along to me is insulting. As if I'm just going to take the word of the thousands of strangers before me that Obama is a actually Carol Burnette's and Osama Bin Laden's love child.
And I agree with you. Now, I didn't vote for Obama, but he's not Satan's Spawn, he was born in Honolulu, and he's not part of some secret plot to dismantle the United States and merge it with Canada and Mexico. So quit sending me that crap you gibbering, paranoid fools.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:09 PM

133 posts, read 290,360 times
[X] + [Delete] - Done, move on with your day!!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
I don't know what it is about people and forwarding emails but it's out of hand. ALL forwards, not just the religious ones. I get religious ones, political ones, lame ones, rude ones, you name it. Hell's bells, I get the fundy religious ones from people who AREN'T fundy and religious! It's like people get a forward and they just have to empty their email address book in passing all of them on.

And I have REPEATEDLY asked, in a few cases begged, people not to send me their forwards. A couple of times, my computer has gone on high alert because a forward contained a virus. Many forwards were started by spammers just to accumulate email addresses. I've explained this to them. If they stop sending them at all, it's a brief respite until they start up again.

I don't get it. If I sent copies of all of my junk mail to my friends week after week they'd have a fit. This is pretty much the same thing!

Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
How do you feel about this kind of thing?
Definitely poor email etiquette.

I have a long-time acquaintance who continues to send political and religious forwards (mostly political) despite asking her numerous times to stop. Every time I make a request to stop she will reply back to me with a little lecture and say that she's just looking out for me; these are important things that I need to know but okay..she will stop. And that happens for maybe a week or two before she starts up again.

The last time I told her I was going to start marking her emails as spam and eventually she'd end up in everyone's spam folder. It's more of an inconvenience than anything and now I just delete them....but it gets annoying after awhile.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
Quote:
This isn't nearly as bad, but politics and religion are two topics, IMO, you really shouldn't force on other people.

How do you feel about this kind of thing?
I'm right there with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships