Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,461,985 times

Advertisements

I think people watch too much Lockup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 383 times
I learned my lesson to never date someone with a long record. This guy I dated was in prison for twenty years and he seemed to be the nicest guy than one day he snapped and beat me. I don't think his behavior is ready for society and I agree prison can change their mind sets. Ladies and men be careful out there do you search before getting involved with anyone. This guy lied and hid stuff and did not change because he went to prison for selling drugs, assault, theft, Terr threat, you name it. I let this person into my life and home but he was hiding things and snapped on me. Some can't cope with society with because the angry and pressure build up inside. He never took responsibility for what he did, kept saying he went to prison for someone else which was for twenty years. No way! Be aware don't let the niceness fool you it is only to manipulate you, beat you, and use you.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:54 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,476,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown eyes2016 View Post
I learned my lesson to never date someone with a long record.
To be really helpful to the forum, how about passing on what possessed you to date someone with a record. It could just be me, but it should seem really obvious to not do that. But, maybe I'm wrong, so you tell me.

No use talking about the guy, since he's not here to share his side...

Oh, no, I would never date a woman who's been locked up. That takes some real work to land in prison if you're a woman. I have a coworker who is a legit felon and I think she went for drug trafficking back in the day. Naturally, because mom was such a role model, mom is now dealing with her daughter having a babydaddy who beats her up real nice.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:53 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,018,431 times
Ugh, it is not a big deal. Lots of people go to prison because of nonsense.

Would I date a man that went to prison because he had a drug issue in his teens and stole things to support his habit, but is now clean? Yes.

Would I date a man that went to prison for murder? No. Rape? No. Child abuser? No. Animal abuser? No.

Would I date a man that went to prison because he was 22 and unknowingly had sex with a 17 year old? Yes because I don't feel he did anything wrong. They are basically the same age. I was the 17 year old at one time.

I bet you would be shocked at how many people that you associate with regularly, that have done actual time locked up.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:37 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Ugh, it is not a big deal. Lots of people go to prison because of nonsense.

Would I date a man that went to prison because he had a drug issue in his teens and stole things to support his habit, but is now clean? Yes.

Would I date a man that went to prison for murder? No. Rape? No. Child abuser? No. Animal abuser? No.

Would I date a man that went to prison because he was 22 and unknowingly had sex with a 17 year old? Yes because I don't feel he did anything wrong. They are basically the same age. I was the 17 year old at one time.

I bet you would be shocked at how many people that you associate with regularly, that have done actual time locked up.
I highly doubt that...so much minor stuff is plea bargained that to get locked up is not common at all in my crowd. Everyone I know is employed in careers where felons are unlikely to be hired.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:33 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,018,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I highly doubt that...so much minor stuff is plea bargained that to get locked up is not common at all in my crowd. Everyone I know is employed in careers where felons are unlikely to be hired.
That is what you think. Our local jail is full of people there on dui charges. Which now that the legal limit is so low, consists of driving with two beers and not even a buzz...

Going to jail does not necessarily mean felon. I work in a secure facility and one coworker was in prison. I am probably the only employee that knows. I know because he was locked up with a good friend of mine.

Good people sometimes make mistakes.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:38 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
That is what you think. Our local jail is full of people there on dui charges. Which now that the legal limit is so low, consists of driving with two beers and not even a buzz...

Going to jail does not necessarily mean felon. I work in a secure facility and one coworker was in prison. I am probably the only employee that knows. I know because he was locked up with a good friend of mine.

Good people sometimes make mistakes.
I have no doubt....but they are vastly outnumbered by the bad people who knew exactly what they were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships