Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:28 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
You should see my dance moves.

I'm too damn white, that's for sure.
Let me see ya "drop it like it's hot"!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:32 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
Been a long time since I studied it at school, but IIRC, the Scots originally came from Ireland, and began to colonise the lowlands, while the native picts retreated to the highlands.

Actually, I think i read somewhere that the "ginger gene" was Exclusively Scandinavian, and the vikings spread it, but don't quote me.

I guess maybe don't take my first post too seriously, it is tongue in cheek, I'm just using a little artistic licence to illustrate a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Actually, I thought the ginger hair was Irish.. I prefer dark hair myself though, never went in for the ginger.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:32 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Sorry, but I find plain WASPY features to be boring...
Oh, I do, too. Even though my home country is monoracial, peeps have been mixing in that region for centuries and centuries, which naturally produced more varied and interesting features. The typical English/Irish blah look is certainly not for me. They tend to breed among themselves anyway.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:34 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Let me see ya "drop it like it's hot"!
I can "drop it like it's clumsy and awkward"!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I have to say, I love my light complexion family...but some of the things they say are so subtly offensive that they really have no business even saying some of the things they do.

Today, I go to court to file a small claims. I'm waiting in line, and some gent (in a suit nontheless, around several other 'suit and tie' types) asks me which desk I was going to, as there were 2...but only a line for one (quite a unorganized setup).

I'm just there minding my business trying to get things done. Then he asks me, "what are you here for, a ticket?" As if me, a Black person couldn't be there for no other reason than being in trouble for a ticket. I was like, "well since you already know the answer why you even bother asking me? I'm actually here to sue someone...I'm sure you don't want to be next..."

Its like really, what the **** does he care what I'm there for? I found it to be an insulting comment that really was uncalled for. From what I know he wasn't a clerk, so it was unnecessary.

I know thats just 1 scenario, but its happened before in the past and Im tired of it. Its discrimination...pre-judging. Its going to get to the point where Im going to say whatever the hell is on my mind when some ignorant person...(White and Spanish tend to be notorious for that) says some slick comment thats percieved as discrimination.

I don't know if its because I live in Texas, and have only ever lived in Florida...but its ridiculous. I've heard its not like that everywhere...I remember my X was a lightskinned Puerto Rican from New York, and one time he made a SCENE at a Walgreens in Florida because some white lady (the cashier!) said some derogatory remark to him. Its got to stop. Think before you speak, especially to a stranger who is a minority!
Sounds like you have anger issues. You might want to check yourself before blaming other people. You go off on someone because he tries to start a conversation? You sound like a miserable person to be around.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:47 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
I'm confused. Are you a minority Dorrans or not? I thought you said you were a Black Brit.
I believe he is. Not sure what that would have to do with anything, however.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:54 AM

153 posts, read 290,375 times
Hey their time is coming....the next census will show them that soon white people will be on the other end of the stick.....hopefully they will be treated with more respect than they presently offer....

Old 02-03-2010, 11:04 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I can "drop it like it's clumsy and awkward"!

God, you are SUCH a white boy!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:20 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
well sorr-eeeeeee everyone if I made it seem as if he was racist. I'll admit (for the 1st time ever on Citydata) that I 'may' have 'probably' been 'sorta' mistaken about this guy.

I still stand by my word though...White folks say the darndest things
I am curious why many black people say the word "aks" instead of "ask." Would aksing a black person this question make me a racist?

Old 02-03-2010, 11:22 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I am curious why many black people say the word "aks" instead of "ask." Would aksing a black person this question make me a racist?
Axe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships