Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:30 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
If you hadn't gotten laid in almost 3 years, you'd place a lot of emphasis on it too. You take it for granted. That's why women can never contemplate what it's like being a betamale, because you can have as much sex as you want.
Ok, you said women can't contemplate what it's like being a betamale...but yet you, A MALE, know what a woman thinks and does and wants and....?

Old 02-03-2010, 04:33 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
I mostly only read non fiction now. But as far as sci fi I mix in the occassional Dick novel.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
If you get laid, you are an alpha.

If you do not get laid, you are a beta.

If you get friendzoned by women, you are a beta.

If you are involuntarily celibate, you are a beta.

If your only option is to pay for sex, you are a beta.
Allow me to correct these for you:

If you get laid, you will probably have a smile on your face.
If you do not get laid, you are likely horny.
If you get friend-zoned by women, you have one more friend.
If you are involuntarily celibate, you are likely horny.
If your only option is to pay for sex, you better be wearing a condom.

Why they hell does every freaking thing need to have a label? Christ, take it at face value.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:39 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I mostly only read non fiction now. But as far as sci fi I mix in the occassional Dick novel.
What type of nonfiction are you into?

Old 02-03-2010, 05:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
View it as a paradox...at least when it comes to women.

You can be alpha on the outside and beta inside, or beta outside and alpha inside.

It is a very alpha thing to do to walk up to a woman, start a conversation, make the first move, and proceed leaving caution to the wind. By the very nature of it, the guy leaves just about ALL of his defenses down inside, exposing himself potentially to a great deal of hurt and rejection at any moment. Nothing really alpha about that...glad this isn't war strategy.

On the flip, a guy could beta out and fail to even talk to a woman. However, on the inside, he has protected himself like Fort Knox.

So many guys look at the pansy pulling all the women and beat themselves up inside wonder what could she possible see in him???

Actions speak louder than words and when push comes to shove, he's putting the meat on the table.

There's something very romantic about a guy willing to recklessly risk it all for her affection. The mating game is a front...that's all it is. You may have the best game plan in the world but if you're not on the field, it doesn't really matter does it?

There are guys here who will say they'd take a bullet for the woman they love. Really? Are you serious? You have the sack to do that yet can't even work up the itsy-bitsy menial fortitude it takes to ask her out? I'm sure she'll believe you on that one

Old 02-03-2010, 06:26 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
View it as a paradox...at least when it comes to women.

You can be alpha on the outside and beta inside, or beta outside and alpha inside.

It is a very alpha thing to do to walk up to a woman, start a conversation, make the first move, and proceed leaving caution to the wind. By the very nature of it, the guy leaves just about ALL of his defenses down inside, exposing himself potentially to a great deal of hurt and rejection at any moment. Nothing really alpha about that...glad this isn't war strategy.

On the flip, a guy could beta out and fail to even talk to a woman. However, on the inside, he has protected himself like Fort Knox.

So many guys look at the pansy pulling all the women and beat themselves up inside wonder what could she possible see in him???

Actions speak louder than words and when push comes to shove, he's putting the meat on the table.

There's something very romantic about a guy willing to recklessly risk it all for her affection. The mating game is a front...that's all it is. You may have the best game plan in the world but if you're not on the field, it doesn't really matter does it?

There are guys here who will say they'd take a bullet for the woman they love. Really? Are you serious? You have the sack to do that yet can't even work up the itsy-bitsy menial fortitude it takes to ask her out? I'm sure she'll believe you on that one
Believe it man! GJ has never been on a date!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:43 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
What type of nonfiction are you into?
I just read books on subjects that interest me, so I can be somewhat knowledgeable about the subject. One thing I looked about being an underclassman was researching and learning new things, so I try to still do that.

Here's a list of my recent reading from the library:
One nation under dog : adventures in the new world of prozac-popping puppies, dog-park politics, and organic pet food by Schaffer, Michael.

Priceless memories by Barker, Bob, 1923- Item Number: 31740090196480
Format: Book
Call Number: BIO Barker, B.
Checked Out: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:54 AM
Checked Out From: Cesar Chavez Library
Full Record Detail: Preview Record

Astronomy for dummies by Maran, Stephen P.

Got fight? : the 50 zen principles of hand-to-face combat by Griffin, Forrest.

The looming tower : Al-Qaeda and the road to 9/11 by Wright, Lawrence, 1947-

Chariots of the gods : unsolved mysteries of the past by Däniken, Erich von, 1935-

Parallel worlds : a journey through creation, higher dimensions, and the future of the cosmos by Kaku, Michio.

Don't start the revolution without me! : from the Minnesota governor's mansion to the Baja outback : reflections and revisionings by Ventura, Jesse.

Guarding the golden door : American immigration policy and immigrants since 1882 by Daniels, Roger.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:49 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Then again, why Waltz when you can Rock N Roll? I love ya little bro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdaUV...eature=related

Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post

She has a mustache

Old 02-03-2010, 06:54 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
At least according to my proposition.

Yes I've had to make this post out of making it clear that men of the world aren't just easily categorized into "Alphas" and "Betas." There are plenty of males who are - by the grace of modern-day media propagandists like MTV and BET - deemed alpha but are truly pushovers in the right situation. And there are men who are deemed "beta" by default because they don't feel the need to go around and act like a complete jackass or hooligan. I deem these type of males "Delta Males" and "Gamma Males" respectively.

Delta Males: These kind of guys put off a good front of acting like they're "Alpha males" by conforming into whatever is fashionable and admired by the masses. Most of these men (if you can call them that) need a lot of assurance by society to the point of having little backbone to think for themselves. Sure, many Delta males are surrounded by "friends" and are good at get their fair share of girls by "wooing" them with some pop-culture nonsense (whether it's A&F-style gauche preppiness or poser hip-hop wannabe thuggishness), but that crowd and attention is more imperative for their self-esteem than anything else. For if you take away all of the girls from them and get these same males by themselves, a Delta male's personality completely changes and their "true self" is revealed. Many of these kind of guys are rather weak-minded, crowd-pleasing, conformists who aren't even worthy of the name "Covert Betas" and "Betas in the Closet."

Gamma Males: These kind of dudes are more or less self-reliant, self-motivated, and self-assured in their own personality that no one can change their ways. Some of these kind of males are considered loners, but this is not to case for all Gamma Males. Because of their stern personality, many people tend to write off these men as "Betas" by default because they won't conform to being whatever "Chic Alpha" trait exists during that time period. The man who's confident in his own self-worth and looks is said to go a long way with what women want. But as for recent times (I'll say since the early 2000s), most females are more impressed with being "wooed" with inane attributes, something that most Gamma males will refuse to do unless their original personality is what woos the female. These men, until recently, have had no problems getting with "American females" but recently, even these males are getting thrown in the "weak male" shelf because of their lack of conforming to the masses. Though getting women - even in today's time - isn't as much of a problem as it is for the "stereotypical Alpha Male," this is still a concern for quite a few Gamma males who were either born too recent (those in their teens and twenties) or those who live in areas where narcissism and American pop-culture rule the minds of the masses.

Whether you agree with me or not on the technical terminology, the fact that there is a huge group of male personalities beyond the Alpha/Beta Male dichotomy. I just want to see if anyone else notices this as well.
Notice hell?! I didn't even know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.