Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,120,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think I just don't really understand "PUA" thing. I know what it stands for but not much about the mindset. I remember killer21 (maybe he has a new name here and I just didn't realize) and his process of asking out dozens of women in order to catch someone's interest. And if she didn't put out on the first date, she was history. Is that what PUA is about?
Yes, it's about bedding women. How to do it, how to get better at...players. It's typically the PUAs on this site that turn around and complain about the consquences of bedding women willy nilly. It's so assinine I don't know how they reconcile their own opposing povs.

Quote:
I heard another abbreviation the other day: IOI. Indication of interest or intent or something like that. Is this a book or a bunch of seminars or what?
Yes, they speak the same language; same acronyms, etc. Shaming is a common term used and I'm sure you've seen it used enough on this forum to get the feeling of 'body snatchers'. Yep, there are blogs, forums, seminars, etc. They are similar to a borg hive mentality with one goal...to bed women...and then to complain about what happens when they bed lower SES women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 11:04 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,557,728 times
The Borg? Uh oh ... resistance is futile!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:10 AM

20,572 posts, read 19,232,937 times
Quote:
I think I just don't really understand "PUA" thing. I know what it stands for but not much about the mindset. I remember killer21 (maybe he has a new name here and I just didn't realize) and his process of asking out dozens of women in order to catch someone's interest. And if she didn't put out on the first date, she was history. Is that what PUA is about?

I heard another abbreviation the other day: IOI. Indication of interest or intent or something like that. Is this a book or a bunch of seminars or what?

Hi JustJulia,

PUA means pick up artist and nothing more. Even a man looking for a wife needs to pick her up. Lets do a comparison with make up.

Red lips, smooth skin, large eyes are all subtle facial cues showing high female fertility. Make up is a bit of a female scam. As a matter of fact, in my ethno-botanical exposure, I certainly ran into the deadly nightshade Atropa Belladonna. Its named beautiful woman for its effect it had on eye dilation. Women would use it to look attractive Its also highly toxic with a few tropane alkaloids including atropine in the berries.

Now men are very sensitive to these subtle cues and women manipulate it with make up.

Yet women also know subtleties. When a man looks nervous, slouched, dejected, he is unconsciously projecting poor performance. His stammering and his clumsy behavior shows signs of little exposure to high quality females, thus the females before have also noted his flaws and she judges accordingly.

Just as make up masks the male recognition system so does PUA also make up to present the right face to the female recognition system. In some cases men have no good reason to feel nervous around women and as such does seem to do some good.

Yet the bottom line is the female hypocrisy of it as they assume only they can preen their feathers. I find that fascinating.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
The Borg? Uh oh ... resistance is futile!
LOL for some that is the sad truth.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 AM

20,572 posts, read 19,232,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yes, it's about bedding women. How to do it, how to get better at...players. It's typically the PUAs on this site that turn around and complain about the consquences of bedding women willy nilly. It's so assinine I don't know how they reconcile their own opposing povs.
Hi Braunwyn,

That is because you don't know what a crap test is. Women crap test men all the time. She might avoid a complete loser if she does.

Men's biggest problem, biologically speaking, has always been speculative paternity. If he had no way to keep tabs on his woman, then he may become a cuckold father. That is a problem no woman needed to solve. So how do men solve it?

Consciously or not men try to sleep with a given woman. If she does, then she is a low investment candidate. Her promiscuity is a long term liability but a short term opportunity. His best strategy is pump and dump and let some other man possibly raise the offspring.

Now what if she resists and shows resolve only until commitment? Not only does he not get the short term reward, but he also has some assurance she may be relied upon not to cuckold him.

Its a male crap test with biological underpinnings. We have also known about this for thousands of years. Only in the 21st century do we wonder over this. At one time people used to know their food cam from dirt too.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:33 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi solytaire,

Yes and no. What collapsed the economy was the cessation of the expanding money supply which, in our debt based currency the dollar, expands with debt via fractional reserves. Since consumer debt long ago has flooded our economy via dead unproductive personal capital in housing, the bomb was already lit. The idiot fractional reserve theorists always use fixed or circulating capital examples without showing expense and personal capital based ramifications. So it just extended the eventual demise of consumer based expansion of the money supply. .

so this is what I dont get...I post a link that asserts that single mothers collapsed the economy, and virtually everyone counters that they didnt...YET, everyone who has responded to the link, cited the VERY same thing that the article's author cited as the reason that we have been toppled. credit surpassed money...too much debt...which is exactly what the article addressed.

-- single mothers were the prime targets/beneficiaries of sub prime lending

-- They defaulted on those loans.

-- divorces initiated largely by single mothers, and oow births means more houses were being sought, than singular nuclear families would have needed. (Two single/divorced people must look for houses, rather than one family living in the same house.)

-- This flooded the market with "buyers" which raised home prices.

-- Home prices were then inflated for real families who otherwise COULDVE afforded homes.

-- And we are right back at publicly subsidized bad decisions by single mothers.

While I agree that conditions were unsustainable and thus the economy was ripe for a collapse, and that many other ancillary components also contributed to the collapse, I do think that the overwhelming majority of the collapse rests on the shoulders of the entitlement program. (another way of saying -- those who abused credit)

Old 03-17-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Now what if she resists and shows resolve only until commitment? Not only does he not get the short term reward, but he also has some assurance she may be relied upon not to cuckold him.
Hello, Gwynedd. This approach is not compatible with the pickup artist approach that Brauwyn is talking about. With that mindset, there is no waiting for a "resolved" woman. The guy just moves on and keeps trying until he finds one who is not resolved.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Hi Braunwyn,

That is because you don't know what a crap test is. Women crap test men all the time. She might avoid a complete loser if she does.
On the site I visited a few months ago it was called a sh*t test, which is the level of goofiness I expect from those that are and aspire to be an interent blogging PUA.

Quote:
Men's biggest problem, biologically speaking, has always been speculative paternity. If he had no way to keep tabs on his woman, then he may become a cuckold father. That is a problem no woman needed to solve. So how do men solve it?

Consciously or not men try to sleep with a given woman. If she does, then she is a low investment candidate. Her promiscuity is a long term liability but a short term opportunity. His best strategy is pump and dump and let some other man possibly raise the offspring.
Yes, that is the case, tho, you left out the complaining that goes on post pump and dump. Sure, another man will perhaps pay or the tax payers.

Quote:

Its a male crap test with biological underpinnings. We have also known about this for thousands of years. Only in the 21st century do we wonder over this. At one time people used to know their food cam from dirt too.
I don't know if your reference to crap test is the same I've read online. Whatever the reasoning, it is still assinine to complain and move blame about the consequences of your behavior...to this grown up at least.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I post a link that asserts that single mothers collapsed the economy, and virtually everyone counters that they didnt...YET, everyone who has responded to the link, cited the VERY same thing that the article's author cited as the reason that we have been toppled. credit surpassed money...too much debt...which is exactly what the article addressed.
I addressed the statement you added, which was that single mothers depended on child support payments to pay their mortgages. I read the article, which said nothing about child support payments, and suggested that fathers who did not make their payments may have contributed to the problem. You ignored my comment.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:44 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Another example of the writing on the wall:

The 10 Harmful Things Single Mothers Do to Ruin Their Sons

Yet this is true: single mothers simply cannot raise boys to be men...and I mean even the best single mothers, because whether I want to admit it or not, there are some excellent ones out there...But Ive come to realize this harsh fact of life.

p.s...I highly doubt that single fathers can raise functional women...but I have no evidence of this personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships