Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:49 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,340,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
lilred0005 wrote:

I've been thinking the exact same thing and I've come to the conclusion that this forum seems to be a magnet for quite a few guys who are blaming women in general for their own personal problems. It doesn't surprise me that if somebody is constantly spouting off some juvenile nonsense about women that this attitude in their daily lives is going to come across very poorly when they interact with them.

It's good for their egos. It places the blame out there, not only among one or a few, but on the whole lot. The ego likes that because it assures itself that "nothing could ever be wrong with me, they are the problem." And that is how it defends itself from rejections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 08:50 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Dammit you women are on to us. This forum was the central meeting place for our master plan. I’ll hand it to you, you caught on faster than expected.

We men, are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. After centuries of oppression we are finally setting forth on the journey of true liberty. About 5 million American males between 18-49 are leaving for a chain of Islands around Vanuatu.

There we will pay our own ways for everything. There we will freely give each other emotionless sex. There we will never ask each other if we look fat. There we will never again have to smell gingerbread scented candles. There we will never again be teased by cleavage. There we will never again have to be asked what we are thinking.

We will be free from the bonds of manscaping. We will be free to smell like armpit as we please. We will be free to have bromances and brodowns and brodates without being snickered at. We will be free from ever having to wear a stupid Christmas sweater, unless of course we want to.

I have a dream that one day all men can spend their leisure time as they please without being accused of being selfish. I have a dream that one day all men can solve their disputes with physical violence without being called barbarians. I have a dream that one day we will raise monkeys as our children.

All that sounds pretty good, huh ladies? Bet you wish you treated us better now.
How does it sound to YOU?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:52 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
This may be off-topic, but I have a question: what is it that makes the "crazy" so attractive? I know at least several women who are nuts. They know it, I know it, yet they're always in some sort of relationship where they torment some poor guy (who's often given fair warning before jumping into it). I also know several guys who are very nice, sweet, etc, yet consistently end up with nut jobs.
I don't know how do you know the girls are crazy? Have you witnessed that they are nuts? I think a lot of guys will just blame their failed relationships and say the girl was "crazy." There are two sides to every story. Are you just listening to a bunch of guys sob stories and taking their word for it?

Also crazy is subjective. I consider spanking to be crazy. Obviously spankers aren't crazy.

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
100% agree.
i respectfully disagree. many have a good SO. but that is why she is an SO not a wife, the guy have already been ripped off and learned the game. you are right about bad attitude affecting your life but this is not so much (IMHO) about bad attitude as it is a welling up against social injustice. the demonstrations against racism in selma alabama were not bad attitude, they were marches against social injustice, men are way overdue for their own movement. men for too long have been treated like property and the butt of every joke.

13,784 posts, read 26,246,413 times
This is so funny because I was going to say the same thing about men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Let's just say that on average about 50% of women are "nuts". I've met some unempathic types, materialistic types, gold-diggers, narcissists, extremely low self-esteem types, bossy types. The best of those are the ones who like to put men down. Unfortunately, I had a bad relationship with one who exhibited these traits - people like that give women a bad rep, as I'm sure men who exhibit callous and other nasty behavior do for us guys.

The other 50% have either a heart of gold, are sweet, nice, "normal", treat others like they want to be treated - just a pleasure to be around. I consider myself fortunate - I married a woman who exhibits all of these traits.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,538 times
Thank God I'm not American !!
That island sucks !

Quote:
WAbout 5 million American males between 18-49 are leaving for a chain of Islands around Vanuatu.
There we will pay our own ways for everything. There we will freely give each other emotionless sex.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,246,413 times
Perhaps you should organize a rally and march Capitol Hill You could call it "The He Man Woman Haters Club Reunited" Alfafa, Spanky and Buckwheat would be proud

Quote:
Dammit you women are on to us. This forum was the central meeting place for our master plan. I’ll hand it to you, you caught on faster than expected.

We men, are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. After centuries of oppression we are finally setting forth on the journey of true liberty. About 5 million American males between 18-49 are leaving for a chain of Islands around Vanuatu.

There we will pay our own ways for everything. There we will freely give each other emotionless sex. There we will never ask each other if we look fat. There we will never again have to smell gingerbread scented candles. There we will never again be teased by cleavage. There we will never again have to be asked what we are thinking.

We will be free from the bonds of manscaping. We will be free to smell like armpit as we please. We will be free to have bromances and brodowns and brodates without being snickered at. We will be free from ever having to wear a stupid Christmas sweater, unless of course we want to.

I have a dream that one day all men can spend their leisure time as they please without being accused of being selfish. I have a dream that one day all men can solve their disputes with physical violence without being called barbarians. I have a dream that one day we will raise monkeys as our children.

All that sounds pretty good, huh ladies? Bet you wish you treated us better now.

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
This is so funny because I was going to say the same thing about men!
great post you got rep.

4,483 posts, read 5,329,227 times
I think there are some men who are justified in their bitterness towards women, because let's face it... they did encounter women who were rotten human beings.

Likewise there are many women with issues towards men, including anger and mistrust and fear, because they came across abusive, dishonest, and conniving human beings who were... men.

One woman I know who is 31 is quite attractive. Has a good job, is nice, and I'll be blunt, is hot. A chest no man would dislike. But I was warned not to ask her out by a woman who knows her well. The reason? "She's complex." She has issues from her past, including being treated like trash by a former boyfriend in her 20s, which has made her emotionally very volatile, and she struggles to this day with fear of men. She doesn't HATE men, but if she told me that this girl can't bring herself to trust men, I can't wholly blame her.

Likewise, men who got screwed over by, backstabbed, betrayed, lied to, and had their finances ruined by gold-digging b/tches... can you really blame them?

An Italian-American grandmother operated a drycleaner I used to go to many years ago. She managed the business with her son, who was in his early 40s. I chatted up with her once, and she said he was divorced. The wife was nice, everybody was happy, the marriage was good, until the wife woke up one day realizing she liked women better than men and filed for divorce. How can a man like the son not be a bit bitter towards women, even if it was just one twisted and warped individual he had the terrible luck of marrying and being deceived by?

Hey, I'll admit it. I am more cynical and jaded now than when I was at the age of 22. Some women did hurt me and treat me unfairly. But I cannot let that poison my attitude towards NEW women I meet.

I'm 36 turning 37 this fall, and do wish to settle down, and it's frustrating when a new woman I meet (for dating) turns out to be incompatible. But such is the game. Better to try and to keep trying than not to try at all and to stew in self-pity.

In the end... if we were all a bit less selfish, a bit more compassionate, a bit more willing to be flexible and to compromise... maybe it'd be a better world. But we're all rotten and corrupt, so this isn't gonna get better.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:57 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
How does it sound to YOU?
I'm very delighted in myself that I wrote such a passionate post. My pink parts are tingling. Maybe that's the allure of it all, writing passionate posts. That's it, everything I do today will be way passionate and over dramatic, even if I'm just BSing. Everything will be the greatest or worst thing ever.

By the way that combination of 3 smileys is the greatest thing ever. GTE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships