Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 10:43 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Oh, the whole thread is useless, no doubt about that. Bitter angry men complaining about how tough their lives are and how unfair the world is to them. The whole thing is a joke.
LOL. I was just sitting here laughing thinking the same thing. I almost responded to a couple but I figured, nah, I'm talking to a potato. This thread is so full of lies and exaggerations. And they actually believe what they're saying. It's lazy thinking at it's finest. Take it up a couple of notches and you have George Sodini. I was reminded of him the other day in my inbox.

They do keep it entertaining. People pay to see others make fools of themselves and it's free here on City Data. Gotta love it.

Waiting for the shaming language speeches.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 10:49 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
LOL. I was just sitting here laughing thinking the same thing. I almost responded to a couple but I figured, nah, I'm talking to a potato. This thread is so full of lies and exaggerations. And they actually believe what they're saying. It's lazy thinking at it's finest. Take it up a couple of notches and you have George Sodini. I was reminded of him the other day in my inbox.

They do keep it entertaining. People pay to see others make fools of themselves and it's free here on City Data. Gotta love it.

LOL this thread has NOTHING on a few of the sites/blogs I've found that some of our regulars post on.

Check out this little gem I found. Numbers 6 and 13 are my faves.

"Simple Steps to Ghosting

by hhb

1. Do not fight the system. You will lose and the system is totally ****ed up.

2. Never disclosed the essence of your personal beliefs and values to anyone, especially to women. Live in stealth mode. Tell people what they want to hear.

3. Never trust a woman that is nice to you. Remember, that all women want something.

4. Never discuss politics, MRA, economics, religion with anyone. Remember, the public is full of non-thinking idiots that parrots sound bites.

5. Be the best you can be at all times. Learn new skills. Show people that you are the best.

6. Never lose control or patience with women. View all women as you would with the same disgust as you would of homosexual males. Remember, most women are mediocre people at best.

7. Never be afraid to get rid of old friends.

8. Stay in shape with exercise.

9. Keep a positive outlook no matter what happens. Never get mad or have rage against anyone or anything it is not worth it. Most people do not have an impact on your life.

10. Avoid television and pop culture at all costs.

11. Avoid single mothers with kids like the plague.

12. Never do any harm. Let others live in their own misery.

13. Never have sex with women. A woman’s vagina is a cesspool of disease and filth. Today’s independent women have the same amount of STD’s and HIV as the average prostitute.

14. Never get married. The little sex you will receive does not outweigh the aggravation and financial ruin that will eventually happen.

15. Learn to be happy living by yourself. Stay busy.

16. Develop a mission in life."

Old 03-13-2010, 10:52 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Oh, the whole thread is useless, no doubt about that. Bitter angry men complaining about how tough their lives are and how unfair the world is to them. The whole thing is a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

I agree! Women are so evil yet here we are 950+ posts later and they are still talking.

YOU WANT THE TRUTH!.........YOU WANT THE TRUTH!.........YOU CAN'T HANDLE WOMEN.......THAT'S THE TRUTH!!

Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
NotARedneck wrote:

That's very true and if often leads to greater problems with the couple who's gotten divorced. I remember when my parents got divorced and I was in my teens and visited the lawyer with my Mother on one occasion. The lawyer was trying to get me to say bad things about my Dad and to accuse him of not being a good Father which I wouldn't do. All the lawyers are trying to do is line their pockets with as much money as possible and if they can make their client seem like a victim they're likely going to get more on the settlement which also means more money for the lawyer. They're parasites.
I fired my lawyer after she drew up the property settlement agreement. In Virginia, the PSA becomes the terms of the divorce, so that's more important than the actual petition to the court. Once I had that, I did the rest myself. I actually got my divorce petition online. $70, fill in the blanks, print it out, sign, file.

For $250 an hour, that attorney tried to egg me on into trying to take half of the wasband's this, that, and the other thing, to which I responded, "And then he will try to take half of my this, that, and the other thing, and we will end up splitting everything 50-50 by item instead of value to ourselves, with everyone getting spiteful and angry on top of it. I don't want half of his wine collection any more than he wants half of my jewelry, and I told you from the start that we are not going to make this nasty. Send me three copies of the PSA and that's the end of it."

Really, no house, no kids, no problem. But to hear an attorney tell it, every paperclip is subject to negotiation. Why? $250 an hour for them to instigate.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:30 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
LMAO!

1. Do not fight the system. You will lose and the system is totally ****ed up. "I suck."

2. Never disclosed the essence of your personal beliefs and values to anyone, especially to women. Live in stealth mode. Tell people what they want to hear. "Lie to everyone."

3. Never trust a woman that is nice to you. Remember, that all women want something. "I have nothing to offer."

4. Never discuss politics, MRA, economics, religion with anyone. Remember, the public is full of non-thinking idiots that parrots sound bites. Said the parrot.

5. Be the best you can be at all times. Learn new skills. Show people that you are the best. There goes the list.

6. Never lose control or patience with women. View all women as you would with the same disgust as you would of homosexual males. Remember, most women are mediocre people at best. "I'm mediocre."

7. Never be afraid to get rid of old friends. "Find new, weak little boys to recruit for the movement."

8. Stay in shape with exercise. "While I sit here eating Ho-Ho's in my Archie Bunker chair wondering why I'm single."

9. Keep a positive outlook no matter what happens. Never get mad or have rage against anyone or anything it is not worth it. Most people do not have an impact on your life. "Do as I say not as I do."

10. Avoid television and pop culture at all costs. "Follow me to the internet message boards instead, my fellow parrots."

11. Avoid single mothers with kids like the plague. "They didn't want me either."

12. Never do any harm. Let others live in their own misery. "Do harm. Be miserable with me pleeeeeese. I'll be your best friend!!!"

13. Never have sex with women. A woman’s vagina is a cesspool of disease and filth. Great warning, assuming they screwed themselves and got infected.

Today’s independent women have the same amount of STD’s and HIV as the average prostitute. "At least that's what the parrots say. The hookers pay me to go away."

14. Never get married. The little sex you will receive does not outweigh the aggravation and financial ruin that will eventually happen. "I'd pay for sex, if I could."

15. Learn to be happy living by yourself. Stay busy. "Follow me to the internet message boards, my fellow parrots."

16. Develop a mission in life."[/quote] "Follow me to the internet message boards, my fellow parrots."

Thanks for the comedy, girl!

Old 03-13-2010, 03:12 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,145 times
Quote:
I fired my lawyer after she drew up the property settlement agreement. In Virginia, the PSA becomes the terms of the divorce, so that's more important than the actual petition to the court. Once I had that, I did the rest myself. I actually got my divorce petition online. $70, fill in the blanks, print it out, sign, file.

For $250 an hour, that attorney tried to egg me on into trying to take half of the wasband's this, that, and the other thing, to which I responded, "And then he will try to take half of my this, that, and the other thing, and we will end up splitting everything 50-50 by item instead of value to ourselves, with everyone getting spiteful and angry on top of it. I don't want half of his wine collection any more than he wants half of my jewelry, and I told you from the start that we are not going to make this nasty. Send me three copies of the PSA and that's the end of it."

Really, no house, no kids, no problem. But to hear an attorney tell it, every paperclip is subject to negotiation. Why? $250 an hour for them to instigate.
I never hired a lawyer in my divorce. I figured if something went funky I could do it at a later date. Never happened so I had a legalistically smooth split. Emotionally, well, different tale, but it was hard on both of us

Old 03-13-2010, 05:00 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Never discuss politics, MRA, economics, religion with anyone.

I don't know what MRA is, but the other topics inevitably lead to conflict. If you want a positive relationship with someone, conflict should not be a part of it.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:01 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
I never hired a lawyer in my divorce. I figured if something went funky I could do it at a later date. Never happened so I had a legalistically smooth split. Emotionally, well, different tale, but it was hard on both of us
You saved yourself some money, there. The only reason I hired one is because Virginia requires the PSA. That had to be laid out in legal language and address certain things. Virginia makes it easy to get divorced in some ways, but a pain in the neck in others. For instance, you have to include that you want to go back to your maiden name. I didn't, originally, but later, when I wanted to, I had to petition the court for permission. Yes, permission to get my original name back. How's that for a little patriarchy?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:42 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
And what proof do they have of this?
I was on a forum talking to African American women, and women who were from Africa but came here to the states and dated African American men. I take their dating experience as all the proof I need.

Also, when I moved to California, I was able to meet a great deal of Mexican women, and as a African American man myself, I had a few Mexican girls tell me that I was much different then regular African American men. They said something along the lines that I was nice and polite which was something they were not regularly use too; and I agree.

The culture of Africans in America is very antagonistic and confrontational; and it's mostly directed TOWARDS EACH OTHER.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:47 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I disagree with your basic premise. The US (and its allies) are not under any threat of attack and never will be, due to their possession of nuclear weapons.

The military the Americans squander so much of their wealth on, is mainly used to further corporate interests abroad. This is especially amusing when one understands that given their current corporate structures, these companies have moved as much of their activities offshore, particularly those that should be paying taxes.

If these corporations need military help to protect their investments in the third world, they should pay for it themselves.
Unfortunately what you say falls on deaf ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships