Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:50 PM

84 posts, read 153,134 times

Advertisements

Why would someone even think about marrying a foreigner when there are 1000s of young fine American men lining up the streets, there are more than enough options locally to not even consider going out on a date with a foreigner let alone marrying them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 02:03 PM

96 posts, read 288,790 times
I married an american and will be moving to the US soon, no bad intentions here. Im from the UK- the US is no better (actually its worse) standard of living due to inequality than many other western countries.

I dont understand how people who marry people from high fraud countries like russia, china etc don't know when someone is genuinely in love with them and when they aren't- they cant be that great at acting can they?

Last edited by utopia2004; 11-11-2011 at 02:13 PM..

Old 11-11-2011, 03:20 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyg999 View Post
Why would someone even think about marrying a foreigner when there are 1000s of young fine American men lining up the streets, there are more than enough options locally to not even consider going out on a date with a foreigner let alone marrying them.
Another brilliant post from the forum dunce! I never thought of turning "buy American" into "date American"!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:29 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
No way in hell. Seriously? Are you so desperate as to marry someone who is only using you for entree into the country?

Old 11-11-2011, 04:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
nope.

if it turned out that she was only in the marriage for the green card I'd probably report to the police the moment I could confirm it from her mouth.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:10 PM

84 posts, read 153,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Another brilliant post from the forum dunce! I never thought of turning "buy American" into "date American"!
Thanks for the smartass comment, but most American women aren't interested in going out or hanging around with non American men anyway, maybe some European but I haven't found a single American woman of substance interested in any non European foreigner so far.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
u might come across the love of your life, and ruin a potentially real relationship.
Hardly. I knew of a young woman who "married" a guy just so he could get his green card.

The guy paid the young woman enough money to buy her a newer used car in payments.

They did not live together or anything.... This young woman had a steady young BF (and other lovers) for years while she was "married".

My point is, when people do this illegal marriage nobody knows except for the fake couple and the people who process the paperwork.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:28 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
I wouldn't but a good friend of mine did something like this years ago. He was smashing this piece from Costa Rica, she had a great body and she could cook good but she was desperate for a green card. He led this girl on for a minute, promising her that'd she be alright etc. He was just there to smash and dash, he got his and then he bounced on her. This was about 10 or some years ago when I was still a green young teenager, back then I told him it was f'd up but now I can't help laughing my *** off at that story!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:33 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyg999 View Post
Thanks for the smartass comment, but most American women aren't interested in going out or hanging around with non American men anyway,
No, the truth is, American women don't really have the option to date foreign men because foreign men won't put up with a population of American women who are often overweight, rude, and have indifferent/cold personalities.

For example, these are the beautiful women in Ukraine:

Poor Africans either in the Caribbean islands or the continent of Africa itself from what I understand offers the only rest haven for American women.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i know people smarter than me that are doing it. but that is bek the other 5 marriages were just puppy love this is the real thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships