Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:20 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times

Advertisements

Since I'm asking this question I'll go ahead and explain why I'm posting here. I've actually made some friends on a couple of the other forums and have met a few people in person. I've been posting on City Data for over three years now and overall it's been a positive experience and I also just enjoy writing and discussing various things. I also happen to be single which is my main interest in this particular forum. It's interesting to hear a variety of opinions on all matters concerning relationships and I'm always hopeful that by some stroke of good luck I could conceivably get to know any single women who might have something in common with me.
I've noticed that there's a few people who post here who are already married or in a relationship but they have contributed to the discussions so I guess it's not just single people who are interested in how men and women interact.
What are your reasons for posting on this forum? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
i joined to laugh at tvsg, but stuck around. so you can blame my being here on tvsg

Old 02-04-2010, 03:35 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
A few reasons. One is that it can be entertaining. It can also be enlightening, especially about younger generations and with five children ranging in age from 22 to 40 and a bunch of grandchildren, I find that interesting.

Since I'm in my seventh decade of life, I always hope that something I might say, based upon years of experiences that have included marriage, divorce, remarriage, parenthood and dating in the '60s as well as the '90s (in my teens and 20s and in my 40s and 50s), something I post might help someone else avoid some of my former mistakes. If nothing else, perhaps I can give someone hope and cause someone else to stop and think about what they're doing.

Besides, I'm retired and have plenty of time on my hands!

Old 02-04-2010, 03:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
That's easy. Human relationships fascinate me. I also read Dear Abby almost every day, too.

What has kept me hooked is the bizarre opinions some people hold when it comes to relating to others. By that, I certainly don't mean there's one way to approach any given situation. But some posters are so obviously out of touch with reality that it's frankly disturbing. Kind of like watching a train wreck. You just can't tear your eyes away from the carnage.

And, of course, I've made some friends on here, too. A couple of them have migrated to Facebook friends.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
cpg35223 wrote:
Quote:
And, of course, I've made some friends on here, too. A couple of them have migrated to Facebook friends.
Same here, I have at least a half dozen of them.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:44 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's easy. Human relationships fascinate me. I also read Dear Abby almost every day, too.

What has kept me hooked is the bizarre opinions some people hold when it comes to relating to others. By that, I certainly don't mean there's one way to approach any given situation. But some posters are so obviously out of touch with reality that it's frankly disturbing. Kind of like watching a train wreck. You just can't tear your eyes away from the carnage.

What he said plus I was lucky enough to finally figure out what was going wrong with my life and what I did wrong. Probably stupid but I keep thinking if I tell you where I screwed up, maybe you won't make the same mistakes.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:48 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
to provide a unique perspective

Old 02-04-2010, 03:49 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times
Initially to check out other places to live from the people who actually reside there. Then I stumbled on "Relationships" and as my life is at present too hectic to invest much in personal relationships outside of work or school, this is a fun way to chat a little, laugh a lot, and observe the human condition, from the sidelines, so to speak.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:53 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
To make an ass of myself.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:53 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Since I'm asking this question I'll go ahead and explain why I'm posting here. I've actually made some friends on a couple of the other forums and have met a few people in person. I've been posting on City Data for over three years now and overall it's been a positive experience and I also just enjoy writing and discussing various things. I also happen to be single which is my main interest in this particular forum. It's interesting to hear a variety of opinions on all matters concerning relationships and I'm always hopeful that by some stroke of good luck I could conceivably get to know any single women who might have something in common with me.
I've noticed that there's a few people who post here who are already married or in a relationship but they have contributed to the discussions so I guess it's not just single people who are interested in how men and women interact.
What are your reasons for posting on this forum? Thanks.
I come here for fun....sh*ts and giggles. I love relationship forums. So many different individuals, opinions, outlooks and ideas. I like people and have always been fascinated by "what makes them tick". Guess that's why I was a psych major in college.

Relationships aren't just for singles. All our interactions with other people are considered "relationships" on some level, aren't they?

As for singles meeting someone on a forum...stranger things have happened and I've actually seen a lot of it over the 11 years I've been online. Some have even married and done well. It's not something I would ever count on though. I've met a LOT of online friends over the years, male and female, but I've never been looking for a "relationship" of the romantic kind. Just made a lot of very good friends and most of them live in my monitor!

I actually wish I'd found CD years ago. I only found it a year or so ago when looking for info on different cities. Had NO idea there were so many great forums here, other than the state/city ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships