Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 05:28 PM

37,496 posts, read 45,805,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Whoa. That sounds very methodical and really seems to take the "fun" out of dating.

I think, in my head, I just invented the next Evolution of dating. Obviously I don't want to say anything here...but something awesome may be around the corner.

No, that is simply how you GET to the point of dating. Dating doesn't even START until after you meet someone...and frankly it's no different than meeting them some other way. Dating, is dating. Period.

You make things WAY too complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I don't view dating as wasted time. Some aspects of it can be frustrating at time, but you just take your lumps. To me a waste of time is being stuck in traffic.
I wouldn't go out with somebody that viewed dating as a waste of time, because they'd be too serious and distant sighted for me. But everybody has their type.

To me, a lot of things are more about the journey than the destination. Dating is one of those things. I think for a lot of people, hollywood and technology are making people very impatient when looking for love. IMHO.
I don't think he said that "dating" was a waste of time. Once more, using the online sites are just a way to find POSSIBILITIES for dating. It really isn't a big deal...don't know why you make it such a traumatic thing.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,392,864 times
I've never used an online dating site.

1) I think I'd be wasting money because my idea of a profile would get zero dates. I can find stupidier things to pee $40 a month away too.
2) I can't figure out if the idea of "matching" horrifies or excites me.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,164,400 times
most sites allow you to ignore the whole matching thing and choose whomever you want to talk to

Old 02-23-2010, 06:42 PM

11,062 posts, read 17,464,658 times
After divorce #2 I tried a couple dating sites. One was yahoo. Dated a couple women from there (no, not at the same time. lol). Tried socialnet.net and that's where I met my present (and last) wife. That was 10 years ago that we first started corresponding. Just out of curiosity for this post, I checked to see if socialnet was still online. It is, but it's now spark.com and it's free.
Ep-, that's the way this one was. They wouldn't let you put your own email address in there, but if you're sneaky enough (myemail78) you can get by with it (@yahoo.com).
Where dere's a will, dere's a way! lol

Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I've never used an online dating site.

1) I think I'd be wasting money because my idea of a profile would get zero dates. I can find stupidier things to pee $40 a month away too.
2) I can't figure out if the idea of "matching" horrifies or excites me.
You do the "match" up yourself everytime you go out somewhere looking for a female. What's the big deal? And like the above poster said, on most sites you browse profiles yourself based on filters that YOU set up.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
using the online sites are just a way to find POSSIBILITIES for dating
Didn't you finally learn that many of our boys here expect girls to jump out of the monitors like strippers from a cake?!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Didn't you finally learn that many of our boys here expect girls to jump out of the monitors like strippers from a cake?!
Succinctly put!!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,392,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You do the "match" up yourself everytime you go out somewhere looking for a female. What's the big deal? And like the above poster said, on most sites you browse profiles yourself based on filters that YOU set up.
I just don't get the point of it, then, I guess. I thought "they" were doing the matching?

This is hurting my brain. I'm going to go watch wrestling now.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I just don't get the point of it, then, I guess. I thought "they" were doing the matching?

This is hurting my brain. I'm going to go watch wrestling now.
The "point" of it, young one, is to find someone that you might enjoy spending time with, based on common interests personality traits, and of course, physical appeal. The only "matching" that the site does, is filter out those people that you don't want to see based on the "check box" preferences you selected. Such a simple concept, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships