Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Well I talk to my friend and she said she received over 100 messages and out of all them only 1 guy interest her. She said they have been e-mailing each other and they're going on a date next week and she said he joined the site the same day she did which was a few days ago and found comfort in knowing he's just trying it out like her. She said so far she likes him but she needs to meet him in person to see if they have a real connection.
Shows how women are easily scammed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
AOL was a great place to actually hookup back in the day!

Old 02-06-2010, 11:43 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,951 times

Last edited by Shysister; 02-07-2010 at 12:00 AM..

Old 02-06-2010, 11:45 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Well I talk to my friend and she said she received over 100 messages and out of all them only 1 guy interest her. She said they have been e-mailing each other and they're going on a date next week and she said he joined the site the same day she did which was a few days ago and found comfort in knowing he's just trying it out like her. She said so far she likes him but she needs to meet him in person to see if they have a real connection.
That's great! I hope it works out well for her!

Old 02-06-2010, 11:49 PM

73 posts, read 198,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why in the world a women over 60 would be on a dating website. Very Odd
I'm still trying to figure out why in the world anyone would make that comment. Very Odd..
Care to share your reasoning? I'm genuinely interested.

Last edited by gypsy2; 02-06-2010 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: left out text

Old 02-07-2010, 09:49 AM

174 posts, read 230,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm a hard catch - clean-cut corporate rat, well educated, well financed and budgeted, in good shape, intelligent, with values and code of ethics, and my blistering sense of humour - it's a rare mix

<end of narcissism>

Just kidding

Not really
I'm a female version of AC, but humble. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm reading this thread with much interest.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:56 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:

I doubt very seriously if he joined the same day as she did.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:59 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy2 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why in the world anyone would make that comment. Very Odd..
Care to share your reasoning? I'm genuinely interested.

How many men are on a dating site looking for a woman over 60????????????????????????????

Old 02-07-2010, 09:59 AM

174 posts, read 230,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Online dating is interesting. I'm quite new to it myself and just signed up on a whim. I am utterly amazed at the number of men who have emailed me through the site. My profile has been up about three weeks and I've had over 150 men express interest. I've only responded to two of them and it's going well with one of them. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I really do like him.

I'm not into bars and live in a very difficult area to meet men. Trying the online thing makes sense. What I like about it is that you can converse and actually get to know someone for a while to decide whether to meet. Yes, they can lie but the longer you talk, the harder it would be for them to keep up the lies, you know? You'd start catching things like contradictions.

The downside is that you really do have to sort through a whole lot of incompatible people to find the good ones. I was surprised by whom the computer thought I "matched" many times. No way, no how! But it does provide many laughs, too.

I know of many people who have met their special someone through online dating and, because of that, I think some really good people are starting to give it a try. I joined one of the free sites because I'm just testing the waters and not willing to pay to do that. If it works out with the man I've been talking to, great! If not, well, I'm not out anything except a bit of time.
I'm with teatime.

I've been at it for 2 weeks now, and had a couple of first dates already. What I've found so far:

--I posted a no nonsense profile that clearly stated that I have high expectations (ie. no interest in players) and injected very subtle humour that only discerning people will 'get'.
--Had first dates with couple of people who matched my expectations, but I'm questioning "where is the chemistry"? and when will it hit.
--I've been stalked by someone with some inappropriate texting (middle of the night), now I have separate dating cell phone and dating email address.
--Figured out that there are two types of people, those who actively fish and those those who are waiting to be caught. Originally, I was the fishee, now I'm going to be taking a different tact and will become the fisher.

Live and Learn, but I'm having fun and maintaining a positive attitude! BTW, my girlfriends are all living their life vicariously through my little stories. It's all good.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:08 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
How many men are on a dating site looking for a woman over 60????????????????????????????
A former co-worker of mine was in his 60s and met several nice women (also in their 60s) on a dating site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships