Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM

272 posts, read 286,399 times

Advertisements

If a man and woman are getting to know each other or to see if they want to get to know each other, shouldn't the man and woman get separate checks and pay for what they ate and drank? Isn't that only fair?

Old 02-04-2010, 05:55 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
At least you won't have to worry about that.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
Well observed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post

Old 02-04-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
You're right, I don't. I still have the right to ask.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:00 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
So if you buy a raffle ticket and lose, do you renounce all gambling ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
You're right, all women aren't bad. However, the chances of finding a good one are the same as winning the lotto.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
So if you buy a raffle ticket and lose, do you renounce all gambling ?
I don't have anything against seeking a relationship with a woman. I just said relationships aren't for me, because they're not worth the time and money. If the rest of the male society wants to waste their money on women, then by all means, they can have fun doing it and I wish them the best of luck.

I would rather spend money on things I actually like doing. I don't like spending a $100 a week on women in order to get rejected and laughed at behind my back. However if other men like that kind of punishment, then more power to them.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:17 PM

865 posts, read 2,431,799 times
Quote:
I don't have anything against seeking a relationship with a woman. I just said relationships aren't for me, because they're not worth the time and money. If the rest of the male society wants to waste their money on women, then by all means, they can have fun doing it and I wish them the best of luck.

I would rather spend money on things I actually like doing. I don't like spending a $100 a week on women in order to get rejected and laughed at behind my back. However if other men like that kind of punishment, then more power to them.
Well, you have such a negative attitude about it, that of course you think it's a waste of money.

Personally, I think if you meet someone that you don't know (like a blind date, or someone you met online), then you should meet at a neutral spot, like a cafe, and just have coffee. I would be more than willing to buy my own coffee. I would be willing to buy his too. However, if he insists on buying mine and his, that's more brownie points for him. If he allows me to buy his coffee, that would be negative points (unless he prefaced that with "I'll get the next one"). This is no $100 date.

If I knew someone, and asked them out, I would pay for the both of us, since I initiated the date. If he asked me out, I would anticipate that he would pay for the both of us. Once we've gone out often enough to feel kind of "comfortable" (like gf/bf), I wouldn't hesitate splitting the bill. Usually tho it seems nicer just to take turns treating.

I certaintly don't expect to be wined and dined, but it is nice to be taken out.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:19 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
If a man and woman are getting to know each other or to see if they want to get to know each other, shouldn't the man and woman get separate checks and pay for what they ate and drank? Isn't that only fair?
Absolutely not. He must pay for my time.

And sex requires dessert.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:19 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Sometimes. If you are meeting for the first time to share a meal... separate checks. Unfortuately, if the woman drags her feet, or fails to suggest this, you should be prepared to pay. In other words the man should never ask for separate checks, but the woman should insist on it.
If you ask someone out for a meal. You pay.
If she asks you out for a meal. She pays. This probably won't happen, since if you don't ask her out she'll just assume you aren't interested. It's more likely a woman would pay you back by cooking for you.
HOWEVER, if you are too cheap to pick up the check for coffee, or a drink after work, then this makes you look kind of uncouth.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
In New Zealand we don't really have a dating scene like here in the US. I have never understood this weird concept of being 'bought' by a man. If I pay my way I can have my say in how things are going. No pressure, no obligations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships