Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:30 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,338 times

Advertisements

He wears a U.S. Army issue M-65 jacket and carries a 1911 .45 ACP. If you yell "hey GJ", he will look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 PM

109 posts, read 202,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
He wears a U.S. Army issue M-65 jacket and carries a 1911 .45 ACP. If you yell "hey GJ", he will look?
GI Joe?????

Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishka View Post
GI Joe?????
For real!

Old 02-04-2010, 10:00 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'd say look at his shirts.

If he looks like he has eaten Chef Boyardee recently.

He's single.
I've been outed!

Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
1st question should what are his motives in showing interest in you.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,402 times
Quote:
5.Separate the single men from the men who are looking to cheat on their wives or girlfriends. This isn't the easiest task.
This completely negates all your other advice.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:06 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,568,650 times
LMFAO at the picture

YOu know how you tell if a man is single? ITs extremely difficult and requires many of Einstein's most complicated equations...Are you ready for this one...

You ask him!

Old 02-04-2010, 11:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,481 times
Quote:
...lol, in light of my recent interest in a married man...

On a more serious note, here's an interesting list:

1.Check his ring finger. It may seem obvious, but this is the first thing you should do to determine if a man is single. Look for a ring or the tan line from a ring. That's a dead giveaway if he removed his wedding band.

2.Assess the situation. If he appears to be out with some buddies on the prowl for ladies, it's likely that he's single. If he's hanging back and seems more reserved, he may be in a relationship.

3.Trust your intuition and your gut. If the man is married you'll pick up on hints, at least subconsciously.

4.Watch what he's watching. Single men are usually more likely to look around the room for women. There's a sense of availability and openness about them. Unavailable men may be more reserved.

5.Separate the single men from the men who are looking to cheat on their wives or girlfriends. This isn't the easiest task.

6.Find out more about the guy. Figure out who he hangs out with. If he's flirting just with you, it's likely he's single and interested. But, if he's flirting with a ton of women he may be a guy out to cheat on his woman.

7.Ask a friend if the man is single. It's not the most clandestine way of figuring it out, but it saves you a lot of time wondering.
You know something, although I hate any kind of attempt to invade privacy I think it would be a good idea to test out a system where people can pull up your dating history like a credit report.

It would be set up where after people break up or divorce they should be required (AFTER 6 months of cooling off time) to report all pros and cons into the "date system" for other potential partners to review the info. This data base would also have any info about STD's, known children, and other serious issues like substance abuse. Geez, I'm surprised a group of women have not done this already, as far as, set up a website that list former BF with a mug shot that listed what he did such as "he assaulted me" or he left "me with 2 kids". Then there would be no excuse, all people would need to do is run the name in the system.

I say, AT LEAST over 50% of dating problems all stem from somebody being dishonest (which is why things like eharmany still sucks) and this would be the first step to rectify the situation.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:32 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,481 times
You know something, to answer my own post, unless people decide to do something like this for themselves my suggestion will never come into existence because it's TOO effective.

Just think about how much money is made off of single unhappy people? Think about all the relationship books that are sold in churches to help you find a "man/women of God". Think about all the drugs that are prescribed for people who have an STD? Think about all the money that is made from divorce and later subsequent marriages that are doomed to fail even more...lol

Old 02-04-2010, 11:33 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
You know something, to answer my own post, unless people decide to do something like this for themselves my suggestion will never come into existence because it's TOO effective.

Just think about how much money is made off of single unhappy people? Think about all the relationship books that are sold in churches to help you find a "man/women of God". Think about all the drugs that are prescribed for people who have an STD?
Where's your sense of adventure? Would you just like to be "matched up" like in the Prisoner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships