Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I don't think I'm drunk enough to get that one ?

Care to elaborate ?
There are tons of double standards out there where it's fine if women do it, and bad if men do it. The only that that isn't that way is if a guy has lots of sex, he's a player, and woman is a ****. But the deal is that for men, it's actually an accomplishment to get laid, whereas a woman only needs a pulse. So for women, having a lot of sex is like being a glutton. We don't look favorably on people who eat 10 whoppers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
DontH8Me wrote:

I think she's got a point there. In order for a man to actually engage in sexual activity he has to be aroused if you know what I mean and that would seem to prove that it's consensual or at least that he's enjoying it.
That's a BS argument. Plenty of women have orgasms while being raped. doesn't make it any less rape.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:56 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Men get boners while they sleep. Comatose men get them. Gawky, mortified teenage boys get them in school for no reason. It's just erectile tissue. It responds to stimulation.

Any woman who thinks that erectile tissue has anything to do with the brain ... test that theory by going outside in a thin shirt on a cold day.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:56 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
DontH8Me wrote:

I think she's got a point there. In order for a man to actually engage in sexual activity he has to be aroused if you know what I mean and that would seem to prove that it's consensual or at least that he's enjoying it.
Beating another dead horse! I know!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:57 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,925,526 times
Under normal circumstances, yes, but the body is a mysterious thing.
Many men can experience erections under extreme stress, I don't claim to be enough of an expert to know how it works.

As I said on the other thread, many male rape survivors find the guilt of this extremely difficult to deal with.

Quote:
DontH8Me wrote:

Old 02-05-2010, 12:57 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
That's a BS argument. Plenty of women have orgasms while being raped. doesn't make it any less rape.
Please provide data for your ludicrous assumptions?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Studies have shown that a man can respond to physical stimulation during an assault even if he isn't mentally or emotionally stimulated.
When you're a kid you could get wood from thinking about tax returns.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Men get boners while they sleep. Comatose men get them. Gawky, mortified teenage boys get them in school for no reason. It's just erectile tissue. It responds to stimulation.

Any woman who thinks that erectile tissue has anything to do with the brain ... test that theory by going outside in a thin shirt on a cold day.
Beyond that, you get erections from being hanged too. Called a death erection. You don't even have to be alive to have one!

Old 02-05-2010, 01:00 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,925,526 times
Ok, I think I see your point now.

Are you trying to say that there's the perception that women victims are just victims, but male victims are *******, because they should have "manned up" and fought harder ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
There are tons of double standards out there where it's fine if women do it, and bad if men do it.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Please provide data for your ludicrous assumptions?

Elsevier

I won't even demand an apology
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships