Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 01:29 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times

Advertisements

On this fact, as I, and others have stated, he is correct.

Male Rape myths and facts, the rape of men (http://www.aest.org.uk/survivors/male/myths_about_male_rape.htm - broken link)

The Male Rape Victim Speaks Out « The Urban Grind

Misc: Male-Male Rape

Male Rape, and Its Effects Upon You Today!

Male Rape & Assault | Pandora's Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Three cases in Tel Aviv is 'plenty'? Please post a link to the entire study because that was just about all I could extract from your link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 01:30 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
The idea of that is preposterous! If you need to do that ladies, lose the dork and get a real man!

Old 02-05-2010, 01:31 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Three cases in Tel Aviv is 'plenty'? Please post a link to the entire study because that was just about all I could extract from your link.
YOu mention TA like it's a bad thing. Don't bring your politics into this discussion. We're not talking about rape fantasies, we're talking about women actually being raped. Nobody is making excuses here. The man involved is a rapist, a criminal. Stop jumping on me. jesus.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Elsevier

I won't even demand an apology
Thats a study?
Having been a victim of rape myself, I can say with some authority that I was nowhere NEAR an orgasm throughout my ordeal.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Thats a study?
Having been a victim of rape myself, I can say with some authority that I was nowhere NEAR an orgasm throughout my ordeal.
wow. people please.... the point is brought up because they say some men can be raped and still have an erection.. Some women have orgasms during rape, does that make it any less of a crime? why are you arguing with me?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM

I'm guessing you either didn't see, or just ignored this post

//www.city-data.com/forum/12771600-post15.html

I'll call you again, where is the difference ? why is a female rape victim just a poor defenceless woman, and her attacker should be shot, while a male rape victim is a "dork" and his rapist is "only having a little fun "?

Please explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
The idea of that is preposterous! If you need to do that ladies, lose the dork and get a real man!

Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I'm guessing you either didn't see, or just ignored this post

//www.city-data.com/forum/12771600-post15.html

I'll call you again, where is the difference ? why is a female rape victim just a poor defenceless woman, and her attacker should be shot, while a male rape victim is a "dork" and his rapist is "only having a little fun "?

Please explain.
Because the hideous lady at the bar that tried to give me the tongue repulsed me so much that sex was the last thing on my mind. Not to mention my friends dying of laughter!LOL.......

Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 PM

I'm sure that's very funny, but you aren't answering the question.

Why would it be so bad for a man to rape a woman, and yet, it's so funny that a woman could rape a man ?
it's a serious subject, and i'm asking a serious question.

At least try to be polite enough to justify it with a serious response, please.

Quote:
Because the hideous lady at the bar that tried to give me the tongue repulsed me so much that sex was the last thing on my mind. Not to mention my friends dying of laughter!LOL.......

Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
The rapist is in the flesh though? BTW, it's the guys wife, are you kidding me?
Are you implying that a man cannot rape his wife? Because they're married? Erectile tissue, as has been pointed out by others, responds to physical stimulation. It CAN be willed--for most men--to respond. Dig this scenario--there have been cases where men have woken up to find themselves having sex. They were not "conscious" of having sex, and did not give their consent beforehand, but the body can act independently of the mind.

I believe the term is "autonomous response".

Old 02-05-2010, 01:46 PM

I'm sorry it happened to you, but he is correct. it can happen.
It was covered in some depth by one of the handouts given at my g/f's DV counselling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Thats a study?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships