Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:48 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times

Advertisements

I don't understand any of the responses. It seems that people have a lot of baggage and are not really answering the question. I can tell , this is going to be a long and debated thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 05:29 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,925,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I don't understand any of the responses. It seems that people have a lot of baggage and are not really answering the question. I can tell , this is going to be a long and debated thread.
I'll try, but I'm not sure I understand the question 100% ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
Do you think that there is truth to this statement? I asked a male friend of mine who has not been in a relationship for over 3 years and is not really interested in committing to any of the women he dates, he said yes it's true, that if he were given the opportunity to be with his ex again he would commit to her with everything going on in his life.

What do you think?
I think that after only dating for a while, it is pretty much impossible to get the kind of bond which you have in a commited relationship.
I suspect he might be looking for the same "symptoms", but he isn't gonna get them, because every relationship is different, maybe he doesn't give them long enough to develop.

You don't give us any details of your friend's relationship, or the reasons for break up, but it sounds to me like he hasn't got over it yet.
In the grander scale of things, 3 years is nothing, everyone needs different recovery time.

I'd suspect this is a scenario which is unlikely to change, until he meets some woman who blows his socks off !!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:50 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
This statement is a pile of BS .. i had a bad relationship but i love her so much that i'd forgive her for the pain she caused me .. but on a condition that she realize her mistake and seek apology ..but yes if i were a woman i'd never do that if i ''FEEL'' scorned .. pfft nobody wants to be a sorry azz .. all that razz matazz is utter non sense ..waste of time and forget it ..i'll tell ya when it fills my mind ..like u'd ask me huh lolz ..cheerios bro .. a love lost is lost and no point of finding it with this attitude ..instead its always better to feel the pain, express and heal ..so whats the big deal ?but thats an ordeal , O'Neil lolz

Old 02-06-2010, 07:56 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Do you think that there is truth to this statement? I asked a male friend of mine who has not been in a relationship for over 3 years and is not really interested in committing to any of the women he dates, he said yes it's true, that if he were given the opportunity to be with his ex again he would commit to her with everything going on in his life.

What do you think?
I don't see a point in chasing a woman who has made it known she doesn't want you. It only boasts her ego, and annoys her making the chances of her liking the guy even less.

Oh sure I have read a couple female members here say "he got me ultimately because he wouldn't stop" but usually that isn't the case. The way I see it show me a sign that you want me and then I'll go after you.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:17 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yes I agree. When a man truly loves a woman, and he knows she loves him too, he tries to move heaven and earth to be with her, no ifs ands or buts
Very true!

It is a good test/indication of whether a man really gives a flip, ladies!!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:59 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Quote:
If a man truly wants you, nothing can keep him away
This can often happen but it can end up being a problem if the woman has no interest whatsoever in being with him. In a worst case scenario it can turn into stalking. My next door neighbor's girlfriend is divorced but her ex won't leave her alone and he even threatened to kill my neighbor who ended up getting a permit to carry a gun. So I guess it depends on the circumstances, if a woman is just unsure about how she feels about the guy and he's persistent but in a nice way he just might win her over but if she's clearly not interested he needs to know when to stop.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:11 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Anybody else find the premise of this a little creepy?

Desire and attraction doesn't necessarily make one a stalker. If a woman says "No" with finality, then that's it. Gave over. Move on.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 7,073 times
Quote:

What do you think?
List of things that can keep a man away from a woman he really wants....

1) A restraining order.

2) A gun

3) Guard dogs

4)constantly being rejected

Old 02-06-2010, 11:13 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modexposed View Post
List of things that can keep a man away from a woman he really wants....

1) A restraining order.

2) A gun

3) Guard dogs

4)constantly being rejected

Shelia~ "oh Diane your hubby is adorable, how did you meet?"

Diane~" well I didn't like him at first, he kept stalking me, I had a restrainig order put out, shot him in the leg when he forced his way in one night when I went to slam the door, had my dog attack his ass, and told him he was a pitiful manlet who I wouldn't date if he was the last man on Earth. But he never gave up and 10 years later after moving to 7 different states to avoid him I just realized that he was the one".

Old 02-06-2010, 11:17 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,311 times
Why would any self-respecting man with dignity continue to chase a woman that doesn't want him and wants nothing to do with him? Why demean yourself to that level.

If a woman shows no interest in me, I'll move on to someone who is interested in me whom I deserve and whom deserve me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships