Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 06:48 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Led Zeppelin - I Can't Quit You Baby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,424 times
I think you should go for it and not worry. If it doesn't work out, at least you tried. She might be the one, and if you don't see you will regret it. Good luck.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:02 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,447,714 times
OP- sounds like you're just growing up and know what you want. If you've dated enough, you should know your likes, dislikes, and dealbreakers.

I feel like you can know fairly quickly whether someone is worth getting to know. Fall in love? Maybe not so much. But you can certainly tell if you want to know more in 5 hours!

Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Very mature comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I'm thinking it will be fine either way. I'm feeling much more 'stable' towards her now and just looking forward to seeing how things turn out
Take the time, enjoy the moment and just enjoy where it takes you.

Looks are not what they are made out to be - what is underneath is really the important stuff.

Good luck - I personally think you're on the right path.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:36 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Meeting the parents

Quote:
OK so maybe I overstated things a little when I wrote the title of this post. But as it is, each time I talk to this girl I like her a little bit more, and yes she is starting to look attractive to me too as incredible as that might seem!

So I've met her parents and introduced her to mine. That's not as big a deal as it would normally be since we all live in the same area, but still, it is a 'step' I suppose.
This is a big deal, at least to me. I felt honored that my now husband took me to meet his parents within 3 weeks. After we were married, I found out that had only happened with one other girl (and they were not happy with her).

Old 02-28-2010, 08:37 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Take the time, enjoy the moment and just enjoy where it takes you.

Looks are not what they are made out to be - what is underneath is really the important stuff.

Good luck - I personally think you're on the right path.
CU, take note - this post has the official SifuPhil Seal of Approval!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:34 AM

22,148 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
BUT is 5 hours anywhere near enough time to have your interest legitimately piqued in someone?

yes, absolutely

as long as you are able to make the distinction between having your "interest piqued" and deciding to spend the rest of your life with them.

all you really need to know at any given moment, is the next step. so if you want to see her again, trust yourself, trust your feelings, and see her again. all you're deciding on is the next date, not whether you sleep together or get married, (for those items, 5 hours is definitely not enough time).

i would say it is MORE likely as a person gets older and more mature (we hope) and knows themself better (we hope) and is aware of their patterns (we hope), that it is MORE likely to have a better sense of what appeals to us, and also have the willingness and ability to trust ourself, trust our feelings, trust life, and go with it, rather than second-guessing it all or staying in the mind so much thinking about life, that it prevents us from doing life.

best wishes, have fun on your next date!

Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,188 times
I haven't spoken to her in nearly a week and I'm really starting to miss her

Old 03-08-2010, 07:40 AM

796 posts, read 1,842,617 times
Quote:
I haven't spoken to her in nearly a week and I'm really starting to miss her
Uh oh...sounds like someone's in love.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships