Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:07 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times

Advertisements

yellowsnow the name itself ozzes romance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
Yellowsnow and WhistlerMCMLV? Is it true? A CD originated couple?
As it happens, we originated through an online dating site. The lady has been a CD member since 2006. (Or, as she phrases it, she's one of the grandmothers of CD.) I've only been a CD member since last summer.

She had me quite well nailed several months before I sauntered in here.

And she nails me every time I look at her. Or hold her. (I'd tell you what she does to me when she kisses me, but this is a PG-rated forum . . . )

Old 02-09-2010, 04:09 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
yellowsnow the name itself ozzes romance
Well, yellowsnow always does it for me . . .

(Uncle Henry! Auntie Em! We're ozzing romance!)

Old 02-09-2010, 04:10 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
As it happens, we originated through an online dating site. The lady has been a CD member since 2006. (Or, as she phrases it, she's one of the grandmothers of CD.) I've only been a CD member since last summer.

And she nails me every time I look at her. Or hold her. (I'd tell you what she does to me when she kisses me, but this is a PG-rated forum . . . )
Good stuff, always good hearing success stories

Old 02-09-2010, 04:10 AM

302 posts, read 607,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You know, this thread reminded me that women need to put some effort into being romantic as well. They shouldn't just expect a man to do all the work.
I don't like seeing responses from men on this thread: "i've done it to someone but nobody did it for me". Women need to step up the game.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. In my previous relationships though, as a woman, I was the one doing all the work.

That has changed though with my current boyfriend. He's very romantic! And to show my appreciation, I have a suite booked at a Bed & Breakfast with a two person jacuzzi booked for a few nights along with a few other romantic surprises!!!

In a relationship it needs to be BOTH people putting effort into the romance!! A balance of the scales!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:18 AM

694 posts, read 1,232,868 times
Quote:

So 55 is still a magic number, yellowsnow?
Good for you, guys, I wish you endless joy!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
It's easy for me, darling. The most romantic thing that has ever happened to me is every night I have the honour of falling asleep with you in my arms, and every morning I have the honour of awakening to you in my arms. Other than everything else we have had together, that is . . .
Wow, you make some of us long for that tender passion...

P.S. Congratulations, you made history, now it's all documented in the CD archives, guys!

Last edited by learningCA; 02-09-2010 at 04:50 AM..

Old 02-09-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish70 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you. In my previous relationships though, as a woman, I was the one doing all the work.

That has changed though with my current boyfriend. He's very romantic! And to show my appreciation, I have a suite booked at a Bed & Breakfast with a two person jacuzzi booked for a few nights along with a few other romantic surprises!!!

In a relationship it needs to be BOTH people putting effort into the romance!! A balance of the scales!!!
You are a lady, angelfish70, enjoy that Bed & Breakfast!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
A man I met briefly and then had a missed opportunity with and then I left my business card with someone who knew him and he sent me six long stem roses in a box to my office with no card and when I got home there were the other six in another box with a card.
I hope the opportunity was not missed the second time around, Thursday007...

Old 02-09-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
some individuals have reached out and helped me without any good reason at all.
Indeed, the love for your neighbor is selfless and worthy of much praise, Huckleberry3911948.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships