Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 05:45 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,241 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your wonderful contributions to this thread.
Many of these posts made us, me anyway, shed a tear, smile, root for your love and feel a little more alive for reading them!

And, surprise, surprise, although I recognized some names of people with whom I did not always agree,
all posts were kind, sweet, positive and full of hope. So maybe we could get along? Not so fast, I know.

But Sunday, on Saint Valentine's Day, although I know that some of you don't care for it, I will be thinking of you all and wishing you a hug, a kiss, a flower or a beautiful memory of love to brighten those lovely faces of you all. Be kind and do not add the pressure of high expectations and price tags to those little lovely attentions to each other. Keep love and hope alive in every heart.

God bless.

Last edited by learningCA; 02-12-2010 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 07:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
Many of these posts made us, me anyway, shed a tear, smile, root for your love and feel a little more alive for reading them!

And, surprise, surprise, although I recognized some names of people with whom I did not always agree,
all posts were kind, sweet, positive and full of hope. So maybe we could get along? Not so fast, I know.

But Sunday, on Saint Valentine's Day, although I know that some of you don't care for it, I will be thinking of you all and wishing you a hug, a kiss, a flower or a beautiful memory of love to brighten those lovely faces of you all. Be kind and do not add the pressure of high expectations and price tags to those little lovely attentions to each other. Keep love and hope alive in every heart.

God bless.

And Happy Valentine's to you learningCA! Something sweet for someone sweet...

Last edited by lovesMountains; 02-12-2010 at 08:01 PM..

Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 PM

Thank you, LovesMountains, they are beautiful! I'll check them out now and then when I'll feel blue.
A very happy Valentine's to you too!

Old 02-13-2010, 06:07 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
Have a great day too.
We don't really do Valentines, but we have a card for each other, and have a nice dinner, and a cinema visit planned.
True romance comes from the heart, not the purse !

Quote:

God bless.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:23 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
I started responding earlier, but I don't think I posted it. Hope I'm not doing this twice!

Any way, this isn't the most romantic thing that ever happened, but it was very sweet. I was living in key west at the time with my boyfriend. We drove from ND to the coast and followed it down. We were there a few months and I decided to spend the summer on tour with The Dead (vending). It was my first tour. Something that should be mentioned is that thousands of dead heads did summer tour. The lots were massive. I went to several shows in various states. I was in Indiana or Ohio at a show, well, outside the show, sitting on a blanket in the sun amidst hundreds of people, tents, etc. Some hippie walks up to me, asks if my name is Braunwyn, and announces that he was the dead postal carrier (in jest). "I have a delivery for you". Obviously, this was before we all had cell phones. He hands me a letter and takes off. The envelope is decorated with my name on it. It was a love poem from my boyfriend. To this day I have no idea how that letter found its way to my hands from key west. It warmed me!

Old 02-13-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I started responding earlier, but I don't think I posted it. Hope I'm not doing this twice!

Any way, this isn't the most romantic thing that ever happened, but it was very sweet. I was living in key west at the time with my boyfriend. We drove from ND to the coast and followed it down. We were there a few months and I decided to spend the summer on tour with The Dead (vending). It was my first tour. Something that should be mentioned is that thousands of dead heads did summer tour. The lots were massive. I went to several shows in various states. I was in Indiana or Ohio at a show, well, outside the show, sitting on a blanket in the sun amidst hundreds of people, tents, etc. Some hippie walks up to me, asks if my name is Braunwyn, and announces that he was the dead postal carrier (in jest). "I have a delivery for you". Obviously, this was before we all had cell phones. He hands me a letter and takes off. The envelope is decorated with my name on it. It was a love poem from my boyfriend. To this day I have no idea how that letter found its way to my hands from key west. It warmed me!
It's a great story, Brounwyn, thank you! And it shows that one doesn't have to spend big money to create romantic memories that last a life time.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Have a great day too.
We don't really do Valentines, but we have a card for each other, and have a nice dinner, and a cinema visit planned.
True romance comes from the heart, not the purse !
Have a great date, bobman! Which part of England do you live in, guys?

Old 02-13-2010, 05:38 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
We're in Scotland, not England, but I'll let you off with that.
We're about 10 minutes from Edinburgh, in the Kingdom of Fife,

Quote:
Have a great date, bobman! Which part of England do you live in, guys?

Old 02-13-2010, 06:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

What an awesome story!

Old 02-13-2010, 07:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
What an awesome story!
Thanks, LM. We had a cool relationship and a lot of good times. Our involvement was atypical on counts.

Something I did that was romatic for different past boyfriend...

He was a dead head and our first year together we lived in key west and did summer and fall tour. We had lots of adventures and visited beautiful scapes all over the US. I took pictures along the way all year and for his birthday I made him a funky collage. The cut outs were cool with us swinging from vines, friends in the desert, the various dogs that travelled with us, crazy sunsets, etc. I spent time on it and had it lamenated. He loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships