Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:55 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The most romantic thing that ever happened to me was on my wedding day.

We had decided to read something special to one another before the minister made us repeat the vows. I quoted poetry, but my husband wrote such an amazing, eloquent account of his love for me that he made every woman in attendance cry! His voice was strong, yet tender, and it carried out across the crowd so that everyone heard every word.

I can't repeat the whole of what he said, but when he told me I was the mate of his soul and that my heart was the twin of his, while staring deeply into my eyes, I was so happy my heart wanted to burst out of my chest! It was VERY romantic
You made my eyes a little misty now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 10:57 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sorry, couldn't resist the bad joke regarding "love" and veneral disease, LOL!
And when I thought that I finally got it!
Just kidding...

Old 02-08-2010, 02:15 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,998 times
I've never been a believer in valentines.
I've always thought it to be a kinda "manufactured" celebration.

It was first promoted by a small company selling greetings cards, and was then leapt on by all the Hallmarks of the world.

I've never really celebrated it, unless whoever I've been with has gone all huffy if I didn't.
It's hard to force romance, it comes when it's ready.
I can be very romantic when i try, but I have to want to be.

I'll always send a card, just to mark the occasion, but I think it's more important to show them you love them for the rest of the year.
Not just one day.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:41 AM

302 posts, read 607,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
I think I must be due a hefty dose of romance as I can't think of the last really romantic thing that's happened to me! Obviously, it's been far too long!

I am truly sorry to hear that....my wish is that you find that romance someday. Perhaps cupid will shoot his love arrow at you shortly....don't loose hope. For nothing is impossible!!!

When I least expected it.....I was hit by cupid's arrow and my love for this man was very much worth the wait!!! I know that he is truly my soul mate....the mere thought of him brings a smile to my face and warms my heart, each and every day. He has more "inner beauty" then anyone else I've ever met...He's EVERYTHING that I've always sought in a man...He's my special cowboy and I LOVE him very much

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited by angelfish70; 02-08-2010 at 06:50 AM..

Old 02-08-2010, 06:43 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,549 times
The most romantic thing that ever happened to me...

...never happened.

I've DONE lots of things I was told were very romantic but no, no one whom I've ever dated or had anything romantic with ever pulled any special surprise or special gesture.

A woman I was dating once threw a surprise birthday party for me, but to do so she got into my wallet and stole my contact list AND $50, called up all the people on that list without regard to whether they were friends or merely contacts (my mechanic? seriously?), invited all her friends when only a couple of mine could make it, and then she bailed on the bill at the end and I was stuck with nearly $300.

Come to think of it, that pretty much sums up my romantic life as a whole.

No, the closest thing to a romantic gesture I ever had was after I departed my duty station in England, returned to England and married (seat-of-the-pants, legal-type wedding), my wife visited me in Italy and when my belongings arrived, SHE discovered a note in my guitar case a woman had left there, a friend from my former duty station, telling me she had a crush on me.

The note was very plain and simple, pretty sweet, but it caused me no end of grief since my wife insisted I'd obviously had something with this woman, despite that the note said I'd clearly never known.

You know, thinking on this even more, I've realized that I'm actually learning to hate romance!

Old 02-08-2010, 08:55 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,366,150 times
The MOST romatic thing that ever happened to me was when I asked my wife to marry me and she said YES!!! After 22 years of being single and HATEING it, I finally met the love of my life for the rest of my life!!!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:07 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,700,405 times

Booked a room with a jacuzzi...

Old 02-08-2010, 09:08 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,621,412 times
Quote:
What is the most romantic thing that has ever happened to you?
Once when I was walking out of a shopping mall an attractive woman glanced at me for a second without actually sneering.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:09 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,793 times
I think the word we are looking for is chivalrous. I'm not a woman so nothing chivalrous has happened to me.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,725,973 times
I make them happen for other people, they do not "happen to me"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships