Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 02:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I used to work a day job and night job. The day job was to pay the bills and have insurance. The night job was something I enjoyed with people I liked being around. I normally dated people I met on the night job. Some of the day job guys made assumptions about the guys I dated, really based on superficialities. The guy has a performance car - bad boy. The guy plays in a band - bad boy. The guy has a motorcycle - bad boy. They didn't know these guys at all, just made negative assumptions that had no merit. They would make wise cracks about it, and it only made them look petty. Maybe learn the facts before making such accusations.
Well, because the term "Bad Boy" is a term bandied about by men whose testicles have shrunken to the size of English peas.

Basically, they sit at home and paint their Dungeons and Dragons figurines and are afraid of life, and resent those men who don't treat life as if it had a giant biohazard sticker attached to it. Then they blame women for liking them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 02:42 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
The bad boy label has become a convenient excuse for guys who aren't having success with women. Instead of looking at themselves, they can blame women for going after the bad boy.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Most sane women dont like bad boys its just that some and i hate to use the corny word "bad boys" so to speak are really good looking guys who go from women to women and these women are so physically attracted to them that they either let em get away with allot of stuff or dotn pay attention to the guys faults becasue theyre so physiaclly attracted to them..

They dont actually enjoy the abuse or head games these Men play unles theyre emotionally unstable themslves..

Old 02-08-2010, 02:46 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
I used to work a day job and night job. The day job was to pay the bills and have insurance. The night job was something I enjoyed with people I liked being around. I normally dated people I met on the night job. Some of the day job guys made assumptions about the guys I dated, really based on superficialities. The guy has a performance car - bad boy. The guy plays in a band - bad boy. The guy has a motorcycle - bad boy. They didn't know these guys at all, just made negative assumptions that had no merit. They would make wise cracks about it, and it only made them look petty. Maybe learn the facts before making such accusations.
bad boy label is based on their overall personality and values mostly so you're right you can't really label someone a bad boy just because they ride a motorcycle or something. Then there are the wanna-be bad boys that are actually not bad boys but they put on the bad boy mask because they know it will attract some women. JBT is correct generally sane women are not attracted to the bad boys it's usually women with issues or women that have a skewed view of what a real man is. Which is why I tell my fellow men to not worry about the women that chase bad boys trust me you don't want these women anyway.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:50 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
The bad boy label has become a convenient excuse for guys who aren't having success with women. Instead of looking at themselves, they can blame women for going after the bad boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, because the term "Bad Boy" is a term bandied about by men whose testicles have shrunken to the size of English peas.

Basically, they sit at home and paint their Dungeons and Dragons figurines and are afraid of life, and resent those men who don't treat life as if it had a giant biohazard sticker attached to it. Then they blame women for liking them.

Be that as it may, the term does describe a social phenomenon, and that phenomenon exists whether you use the term or not. Y'all sound rather upset about it all, to be honest.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:02 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
What they really mean by "bad boy" is a good looking and confident jerk who will usually dump them. They do often leave quite a trail. One good man can make 1 woman happy. A cad can embitter 20. So there is that...

Last edited by gwynedd1; 02-08-2010 at 03:30 PM..

Old 02-08-2010, 03:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Be that as it may, the term does describe a social phenomenon, and that phenomenon exists whether you use the term or not. Y'all sound rather upset about it all, to be honest.
Not at all. I just get tired of the same whiny "Why do women like bad boys but don't like meeeeeeeee?" threads by guys. They're just freaking pathetic.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
JBT is correct generally sane women are not attracted to the bad boys it's usually women with issues or women that have a skewed view of what a real man is. Which is why I tell my fellow men to not worry about the women that chase bad boys trust me you don't want these women anyway.
Thank you. For all this whining about how women go after bad boys instead of nice guys, what gets lost in the discussion is that these women are probably not worth your time anyway. If a woman chooses to be with a man who walks all over, treats her like dirt, and can't be relied upon, what does that say about her? It says she has issues and you're a lot better off without her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
We're not upset. We just get tired of hearing people whine about the dating world instead of trying to deal with it. I could whine about the job market and how it seems to penalize me for this or that. Or I could just make the most of what I have to work with.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:31 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Thank you. For all this whining about how women go after bad boys instead of nice guys, what gets lost in the discussion is that these women are probably not worth your time anyway. If a woman chooses to be with a man who walks all over, treats her like dirt, and can't be relied upon, what does that say about her? It says she has issues and you're a lot better off without her.
Or it might mean she gets a payoff that is worth all the trouble. Kind of like men who pick those trainwreck women. You don't stick around without some kind of payoff.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Or it might mean she gets a payoff that is worth all the trouble. Kind of like men who pick those trainwreck women. You don't stick around without some kind of payoff.
The men who pick trainwreck women often have issues of their own. Maybe they need to feel like a savior in order to feel good about themselves. Maybe they think someone who's more together won't need them and could potentially leave them for someone else. Trainwreck women are a magnet for these men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships