Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 04:32 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times

Advertisements

It started sometime in the 70's but it was just in it's infant stage back then. The phenomenom then fully blossomed in the 80's and it's at about the same stage now probaby a little worse now actually due to the further degradation of the family unit, e.g., less and less young women without a proper father figure. It's a very disturbing development with the end result only being more unhappy women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 04:38 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
There's part of your answer. Even with the "bad-boy rockstar" image that pervaded in the 80s, I don't recall the promotion of such shallow and fake personalities. Even though the "bad-boys" (or as I like to call, basa$$es) existed, they didn't need to find beat down and find weaknesses about other people to boost up their image. This is something I see today with the pop-culture images, like the ghetto, gu*do, preppy, and yuppie subcultures. Most of the so-called "bad-boys" of yesteryear (most of whom were probably not that bad) were genuinely confident with themselves and did what they wanted without worrying about what anyone said (i.e. look at how quite a few rockstars died prematurely). A lot of these "bad-boys" of today are very self-conscious about what others think of them, and hence conform into the image that the majority of their local crowd admires and desires.
Yes, like the bad boys on twitter. Bad boys tweeting and checking, how many followers, must stay relevant. Ooooh, someone hacked my Facebook. I'll sue! How macho is that - *tweeting and twittering*. LOL.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Yes, like the bad boys on twitter. Bad boys tweeting and checking, how many followers, must stay relevant. Ooooh, someone hacked my Facebook. I'll sue! How macho is that - *tweeting and twittering*. LOL.
With the exception of "twist," as in the use of tools, bad boys just don't do anything that starts with "tw-." Sounds too much like lisping.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
so today i was walkin around town drinking a fifth of vodka like any bad boy would be doing on a thursday afternoon. bad boys come with the ability to drink unlimited alchohol, but occasionally we have a moment of weakness. there is one of those moments in this story. i felt the urge to vomit. i looked sharply to my left and saw a bathroom, then to my right, where stood a woman and her baby. i ran over to my right and vomited all over the woman and baby, gave her the finger and laughed. she didnt say a word, she just proceeded to make out with me afterwards. we went back to my place and she invited all her hot female friends over for some really wild sex. just another afternoon in the life of a bad boy

now if you all will excuse me i have to get back to doing a bad boys 2nd favorite activity - drinking beer and watching cartoons.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:01 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
It took me until the age of 33 to find out what the defintion of a bad boy was-lol

Old 02-11-2010, 05:39 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
so today i was walkin around town drinking a fifth of vodka like any bad boy would be doing on a thursday afternoon. bad boys come with the ability to drink unlimited alchohol, but occasionally we have a moment of weakness. there is one of those moments in this story. i felt the urge to vomit. i looked sharply to my left and saw a bathroom, then to my right, where stood a woman and her baby. i ran over to my right and vomited all over the woman and baby, gave her the finger and laughed. she didnt say a word, she just proceeded to make out with me afterwards. we went back to my place and she invited all her hot female friends over for some really wild sex. just another afternoon in the life of a bad boy

now if you all will excuse me i have to get back to doing a bad boys 2nd favorite activity - drinking beer and watching cartoons.
Good man yep that's pretty much how you do it. Now if you would have offered to help the woman w/ the baby across the street you would have been branded one of the "creepy" guys that tried to approach her during the day.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 PM

4 posts, read 5,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It's kind of like the trend of middle-aged balding accountants running out, buying Harleys, and taking road trips. Hey, you might have the motorcycle and the leather jacket, but you're still a middle-aged balding accountant.
Maybe so, but at least the middle-aged balding accountant is out having a good time. Muscle Cars and guitars are a hell of a lot of fun too.

I don't know about women who are attracted to criminals and abusers, but a guy who is having a good time living his life has got to be more attractive than one who is sitting home alone and depressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships