Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,023,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I feel like a substitute teacher.

Pretty soon I'm just going to start flicking the lights on and off and shouting "excuse me" until the class gets back on topic.
I want a guy in a suit NOW!! I like this topic far better than the studying I'm procrastinating. I'm sick of analyzing poetry for today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,392,386 times
If I didn't have to ever go to work I'd just wear jeans, a t shirt and a jacket all the time. And I'd be scruffy. And probably ride a bike and join a motorcycle gang. I'd probably just become Jax Teller.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:11 PM

664 posts, read 772,484 times
I'm sorry, but no woman is going to dress me up. I'll wear whatever I want and if some chick doesn't like it, I don't care.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
I'm sorry, but no woman is going to dress me up. I'll wear whatever I want and if some chick doesn't like it, I don't care.
I can only give you one reputation point? That's ridiculous who do I have to complain to about this?

Thank you for telling me what I want to hear.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:17 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,372,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
My boss is Mr. GQ. He is by far the sharpest dressed guy in my office. His secret? His girlfriend picks out all his outfits at the beginning of the week, shirts, slacks, ties, shoes, so he doesn't have to think for himself

A lot of the other guys in the office think my boss is gay because he's always so well put together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I have no problem doing that for a guy. After all, I reap the benefits of getting to stare at his sexy self.

Wow, can you tell I like this thread?
I think there are probably a surprising amount of guys who would like having their girlfriend do that for them...I could see having an extra eye for fashion being very helpful.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:19 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,878,841 times
Quote:
This is actually ridiculously important to me for some reason. I just could not date somebody if they strolled around all day in one of my t shirts and some sweat pants. Or if they ran around all the time mismatching clothes or something.

I actually have a ridiculous fascination with smells so if they didn't wear perfume or lotions I wouldn't even be attracted to them in the first place.

EDITED TO ADD:

It is impossible to improve their fashion sense without violently offending them. You have to deal with it.
Clothes don't make the person. My ex never wore anything but jeans, T-shirts, flannel shirts in winter and boots of one kind or another. He refused to wear a suit but did borrow one from his brother in law for our wedding. It's okay to lounge around in sweats sometimes but not all the time. Me? I wear sweats all the time in winter but I don't wear them when I 'go public'.

My ex didn't like colognes or anything that smelled good. We even used Ivory hair products because they were unscented. I LIKE colognes and good smelling stuff so I wore them anyway. He refused to use deoderant too because he was convinced they had poisons that would seep into your skin. Even for all that he was a good guy and I loved him. And he really didn't stink. lol

Anyway, how a guy dresses isn't all that important to me. If his clothes are clean and he's clean and neat that's enough.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:19 PM

I feel like posting only in haiku format:

OK I go first
Sloppy dresser is turn off
Now answer question

Old 02-08-2010, 08:24 PM

664 posts, read 772,484 times
I wonder if the ladies would let their guys dress them up? I doubt it.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:26 PM

687 posts, read 2,124,066 times
Quote:
I actually have a ridiculous fascination with smells so if they didn't wear perfume or lotions I wouldn't even be attracted to them in the first place.
Actually, the artificial smells are a turn-off for me. My husband smells wonderful, and he doesn't wear any colognes or lotions.

I have to cover my nose, or gag, when a heavily scented person gets into the elevator with me. It's obnoxious and invasive, sort of like second hand smoke.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:32 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,296,996 times
Quote:
This is actually ridiculously important to me for some reason. I just could not date somebody if they strolled around all day in one of my t shirts and some sweat pants. Or if they ran around all the time mismatching clothes or something.

EDITED TO ADD:

It is impossible to improve their fashion sense without violently offending them. You have to deal with it.
Fashion sense is subjective, so I can appreciate a guy, even if he's wearing something that wasn't particularly my taste.

The most important thing is that they care how they look and that what they are wearing actually fits, is appropriate for the occasion, isn't dated and is color-coordinated.

BTW, nothing ruins a good suit more than old scuffed shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships