Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 08:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post

I couldn`t believe how still he was standing. The dog was about 15 ft. from him, but couldn`t go any farther.
I may have mentioned this before, but one time our cat was sitting outside our front door and this possum comes trotting around the corner of the courtyard. I told our cat, "It's okay, (kitty's name), it's okay." I was trying not to panic. I didn't want him to do anything rash and get bitten and infected with rabies or anything. Okay, so I have a vivid imagination.

This possum happily strolled up (he obviously knew where the community cat food was) and began CHOMPING away. My cat sat and watched.

When he was sated, the possum breezed past, right in front of us , and paused to relieve himself in the planter before exiting the building. Well, I never!!!

LOL, my cat never moved a muscle. Good kitty.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:10 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I may have mentioned this before, but one time our cat was sitting outside our front door and this possum comes trotting around the corner of the courtyard. I told our cat, "It's okay, (kitty's name), it's okay." I was trying not to panic. I didn't want him to do anything rash and get bitten and infected with rabies or anything. Okay, so I have a vivid imagination.

This possum happily strolled up (he obviously knew where the community cat food was) and began CHOMPING away. My cat sat and watched.

When he was sated, the possum breezed past, right in front of us , and paused to relieve himself in the planter before exiting the building. Well, I never!!!

That was a good kitty! Wow!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:17 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

Oh ICK! I can't stand opossums!!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
That was a good kitty! Wow!
LOL, he's not the most predatory animal that ever lived. We've had pigeons making nests on our balcony, and he'll charge toward them and... just lay down. He just looks at them.

Sifu, he's a lover, not a figh - oh, never mind.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh ICK! I can't stand opossums!!
LOL.

Yankee, do you get a lot of them there?

Old 02-27-2010, 08:25 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
LOL.

Yankee, do you get a lot of them there?
Yep. We have woods all around us! I told him not to put them out there like that, without burying them first. We would have every critter up here to have supper! Men! They don`t listen!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:28 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Yep. We have woods all around us! I told him not to put them out there like that, without burying them first. We would have every critter up here to have supper! Men! They don`t listen!
Yeah we have them here out in the woods...just not right close by my house thank goodness!!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah we have them here out in the woods...just not right close by my house thank goodness!!
LOL, I actually thought he was putting out scraps to feed something/someone!

Old 02-27-2010, 09:03 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I read a spiritual teacher and he said that the "secret" was one thing.....

He doesn't mind what happens...

This is hard for most people to get a hold of.

We struggle and "fight" against how we feel and what we think.

The real key is to step aside and to "see" what we feel and and not not "judge" it.

Let it be...........
I know I'm coming back late with this but thought it somewhat "in my field" and felt the need to comment.

The spiritual teacher you read was mirroring my Taoist philosophy to a T.

Yes, it's hard for people to grasp, mainly because we as a society aren't accustomed to putting much effort into anything we receive.

Yes, most people struggle against themselves - hence, the booming market for self-help books and therapists.

And yes, acceptance is vastly preferred over judgment. Judging adds our prejudices and prior experiences to a person/event and discolors it. It hides the truth.

*stepping off philosophical soap-box*

Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Hey, Sea! (Big wave)
The colors!

Not much going on around here tonight. We just watched a movie with my son, Inkheart.

Then, I heard my outside dog barking. Went out to see what was up, and there was a possum in the garden. My husband had threw some table scraps out to the garden, and apparently he came up to have a feast.

He froze. Didn`t move a muscle, and I was throwing walnuts at him. I ran in to get my husband, and he was gone.
Just to show how out of it I am this evening...

• I thought you said "Hey, Seal!"
  • I thought that Inkheart was an unusual name for your son
  • Finally, I thought you were throwing walnuts at your poor husband, who was first frozen and then disappeared
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships