Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2010, 08:34 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,903,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Scary, and weird!
Oh, I got some, too!

Old 02-14-2010, 08:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,691,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Oh, I got some, too!
We`ll have to swap stories!

Old 02-14-2010, 08:43 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,451,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's how it is - the first states of the union get snow; the last get sunshine!
I'm so glad I'm on the sunny half. I'm 28th, yay!

Old 02-14-2010, 08:44 PM

37,659 posts, read 46,099,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Sounds like a great time, Chessie!
Well let's see. My son has his wrist wrapped in an ace bandage and my nephew has a tailbone contusion. I feel like we've done battle with all the injuries. Luckily, my other nephew was unscathed.

No matter...they are basically fine, and we all had a blast.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well let's see. My son has his wrist wrapped in an ace bandage and my nephew has a tailbone contusion. I feel like we've done battle with all the injuries. Luckily, my other nephew was unscathed.
I take it you're all in one piece?

Old 02-14-2010, 08:52 PM

19,436 posts, read 15,284,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Man I love that scene!

Elvis! Elvis! Let me be!
Keep that pelvis far from me!!

She's a button terrorist like me.

Yaay! So does moonie! **snoopy dance**
Every time Chow and I get on the elevator, it's him saying to me: "No, the OTHER one."

Yeah, Stockard Channing...pure poetry in that scene... I'm talking pure linguistics: Elvis = pelvis...

Old 02-14-2010, 08:56 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,451,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I take it you're all in one piece?
I'm glad I'm all in one piece, too. During the course of the day, several cars lunged at me and almost caused an accident. I don't know what it was with people today. They

were like on another planet and highly careless. Still very glad, everyone was okay.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
We`ll have to swap stories!
Well, let me tell you mine in a nutshell:

Seventh grade slumber party. Nothing happens all night with the ouija board, though we all used it many times. Come morning time, it was 10:30 a.m. About six of us in the garage waiting for the moms to come and pick everyone up. We had a candle lit and nothing else. Very dark. My middle brother was with us. We asked the spirits to show us a sign they were present. We had a fireplace match move almost 360 degrees on the small table in the middle of us all. Nobody blew on it - the thing moved like a clock hand in a fluid motion. We all started screaming and ran out of the garage.

After that occurrence, throughout the years:

My two brothers saw a set of TV tables in my parents' living room moving without anyone touching them; they were not near any window, but right near a wall;

A clock came off the wall of my brother's bedroom and landed face up on his carpeting. Nobody was home at the time.

My mother, when doing laundry in the garage said she felt someone right at the back of her neck. Several times over the years, when they had a top loader washing machine, she would come out and the lid would be up, stopping the washing process (now they have a front loader, maybe the ghost doesn't know how to quite open that);

My younger brother had a girlfriend who we found out later could see things (). This was the late 80s, early 90s. She came over and stood in the driveway in the afternoon and said to my brother,"I didn't know you had guests." "We don't," he said to her. "Then who is the tall old man holding the baby?" After that, she would never step foot in our house. She always waited in the car for him.

In 2002 I was living at my parents' house after my divorce. I was sick as a dog, with either a flu or bronchitis, can't remember. But I was the kind of sick where you can feel the fever. I was laying in bed and I could tell it was morning because the light was coming in through the shutters. I still had my eyes shut. I could hear my mother's voice faintly in the next room. I opened my eyes and felt this giant weight lift off the edge of the bed by my ankles, like someone with a huge butt had just stood up from sitting on the bed. I freaked out, but I was so sick I just laid there. It took me several days to be able to tell my mother what had happened. I almost didn't believe it myself.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I'm glad I'm all in one piece, too. During the course of the day, several cars lunged at me and almost caused an accident. I don't know what it was with people today. They

were like on another planet and highly careless. Still very glad, everyone was okay.
Glad you are also in one piece, temp! They must've been drunk with luuuve!

Old 02-14-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Phew - that's great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships