Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times

Advertisements

its all about qualifying the girl

early on shes done nothing to deserve your emotional interests. as time goes on emotional interest should develop, but that takes awhile. too many guys get attached early on and start getting strong emotions way too early just because someone with a vag talked to them.

for me i have no attachment for awhile. girls are always trying to decide if a guy is worthwhile at the start. im judging the girl in the same way. ill show her a spontaneous romantic night out, but never before shes shown me shes worthwhile. if shes not worthwhile ill cut her faster then a barber cuts hair (zomg jersey shore reference!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Also....

it isn't the problem "with men." It was never my problem, for example. You have simply identified your problem, and perhaps just one of them. But, Kudos to that.
It's not my problem anymore.

And I came to this conclusion not from just one earlier posting, it's just a common theme that I tend to see from a lot of guys who need "help" and ask advice on these forums. I wish someone had given me the heads up years ago and saved me some trouble.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Not caring is part of not putting them on a pedestal and being internally validated. Some people never get to that point and end up in a continual cycle of validation seeking, which ultimately reeks of neediness.

Furthermore, I think it's pretty clear men are more romantic than women. Most things men do to be romantic is actually way too much and over the top for most women to actually handle. In fact plenty of women get put off by how overly romantic guys can be. Every women I've ever know at one point or another actually complained about their guy being too romantic. Then there are these articles:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n17220307/
http://www.sandstorming.com/2006/02/...ic-than-women/

Long story short, most men don't have a lot of abundance and end up focusing their energy on one woman and it burns them out. Guys need to learn to play things more casually. For the guys that still get too wrapped around the axle when only dealing with a single woman, do what I do and spin multiple plates. It forces me to not overly invest in any one of them in particular as my time, attention, and energies are split up between them all. Plus being in demand means they know they're easily replaceable and they can't get away with playing games with me.

Last edited by Nutz76; 02-10-2010 at 09:26 AM..

Old 02-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Not caring is part of not putting them on a pedestal and being internally validated. Some people never get to that point and end up in a continual cycle of validation seeking, which ultimately reeks of neediness.

Furthermore, men are more romantic than women. Most things men do to be romantic is actually way too much and over the top for most women to actually handle. In fact plenty of women get put off by how overly romantic guys can be. Every women I've ever know at one point or another actually complained about their guy being too romantic.
I can think of a time about 5 years ago, I was 22 years old, and somewhat dating (been out like 5 times together, hooked up a couple times) a girl I waitered with at a restaurant who was 25. She came into work one day and I could tell she had been crying and was upset about something, she had major problems with her dad (daddy issues! shoulda seen this coming, but didn't).

Anyway, my dumb a$$ got the bright idea of getting her a small group of inexpensive flowers and a cheer-up card. I said in the card something along the lines of "I'm sorry that you're having a tough time, just want to let you know I'm here for ya as a friend, blah blah blah". Nothing along the lines of 'I love you' or anything romantic really, just to try and cheer her up.

Boy did I learn THAT was a huge mistake. She ignored me for 3 weeks after that. Never even thanked me for the flowers.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,312,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I can think of a time about 5 years ago, I was 22 years old, and somewhat dating (been out like 5 times together, hooked up a couple times) a girl I waitered with at a restaurant who was 25. She came into work one day and I could tell she had been crying and was upset about something, she had major problems with her dad (daddy issues! shoulda seen this coming, but didn't).

Anyway, my dumb a$$ got the bright idea of getting her a small group of inexpensive flowers and a cheer-up card. I said in the card something along the lines of "I'm sorry that you're having a tough time, just want to let you know I'm here for ya as a friend, blah blah blah". Nothing along the lines of 'I love you' or anything romantic really, just to try and cheer her up.

Boy did I learn THAT was a huge mistake. She ignored me for 3 weeks after that. Never even thanked me for the flowers.
Yeah, because that sort of thing is totally creepy haha.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
Yeah, because that sort of thing is totally creepy haha.
I know, I don't know why I did something like that, in my eyes I was just trying to do something nice for a girl I cared about, but what I didn't know was you just don't do those sort of things. It's weirdo behavior and it drives women away. It was rough at the time, but I'm glad I've learned these lessons, even if they were learned the hard way.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:44 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
and dating. They care too much.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Yeah right.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:46 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:

I don't think that was a "mistake" on your part but I think SHE was incredibly rude. I would've thought it was a sweet thing to do.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Yeah right.

Your response makes me feel bad for you. When men ARE interested, they do care too much and it's more than apparant to the woman.

However, unfortunately there are instances where men DON'T have high interest but lead a woman on to various lengths, including as far as LTR's or marriage. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say you've been in some bad experiences from men just like this. Probably treated you poorly because they simply didn't care that much about you, but weren't honest enough or man enough to come clean about it.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:04 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
I dunno about this. I always cared about those I dated. But before I ever asked them out I got to know them. If they were "carable" I might ultimately ask them out or I might just be their friend. If they weren't "careable" then I wouldn't waste my time or their's. As a result I was anything but a serial dater. However, I rarely ever had regrets either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships