Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are pretty girls more likely to be high maintenance?
Yes 43 81.13%
No 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:37 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times

Advertisements

Take a look at Bridezillas on WE tv. You will see a lot of women who are 3-7 on the looks scale BUT they are very high maintenance! You just never know. I've been on expensive dates and "cheap" dates and I've enjoyed the ones where I connected with the guy the most. I think you should put your focus on nurturing your emotional connection or recognizing if you are even on the same wavelength. If she's high maintenance there may be something wrong with her values and self-esteem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:59 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,904,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Just wondering what people think. High maintenance is subjective I know so I'll just use a basic examples like let's say she requires a 40 dollar meal instead of a 20 dollar meal to be happy at a restaurant or she needs to drive a 28k car instead of a 16k car.
I think people sometimes confuse just what "high maintenance" means. To me a "high maintenance" girl/woman is one who needs constant attention, gets upset if they don't hear from their SO a dozen times a day, expects a lot of e-mails, texts, phone calls and needs constant affirmations from their SO. Being materialistic isn't quite the same thing but can be part of the equation as well.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 AM

740 posts, read 1,233,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I think people sometimes confuse just what "high maintenance" means. To me a "high maintenance" girl/woman is one who needs constant attention, gets upset if they don't hear from their SO a dozen times a day, expects a lot of e-mails, texts, phone calls and needs constant affirmations from their SO. Being materialistic isn't quite the same thing but can be part of the equation as well.
Good point. And I know beautiful and not-so-beautiful women who have both qualities. I also know beautiful and not-so-beautiful women who have neither quality. Looks are not a good predictor. It is more a basic value system, life priorities, and personality issue

Old 02-10-2010, 08:20 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,904,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
Good point. And I know beautiful and not-so-beautiful women who have both qualities. I also know beautiful and not-so-beautiful women who have neither quality. Looks are not a good predictor. It is more a basic value system, life priorities, and personality issue
Absolutely! I have seen both. My oldest daughter used to be, what I consider, high maintenance. And I told her so! What I couldn't figure out is just HOW she got guys to do so much for her! I never could. But then I was never gutsy enough to even ASK and never considered it. Thankfully she grew up!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:53 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
True high maintenance doesn't necessarily mean material things but I think it can include it. High maintenance to me just means someone that requires a lot of effort in multiple categories to keep happy, more than the average person. Someone that has to always have to have things a certain way, always used to getting what they want, etc. I have heard guys throw down the gauntlet and say pretty girls are in fact more likely to be high maintenance so I wanted to see what people think and if they think it's true or not. I think some may view it as being tied in with the whole princess thing and probably starts when a girl is very young.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
I'm not that pretty, therefore require A LOT of effort!

This chick is one high maintenance b*tch and I make no apologies for it.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:01 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Absolutely! I have seen both. My oldest daughter used to be, what I consider, high maintenance. And I told her so! What I couldn't figure out is just HOW she got guys to do so much for her! I never could. But then I was never gutsy enough to even ASK and never considered it. Thankfully she grew up!
Assuming your daughter is pretty do you think if she was fat and ugly these same guys would have done so much for her? If not, why not?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,854 times
I'm very high maintenance. Took me years to admit it since often times people assume a high maintenance woman is usually a bimbo and a pain in the ass. I always saw it as someone who spends a lot of time on themselves whether it is with their looks, or the things they expect for themselves. With dating, I guess someone who has expectations of xxxxxxx that the other person needs to do.

With looks, it is all subjective. My opinion though seems to be prettier women are MORE likely to be high maintenance because they are already used to people giving them what they want and also, many women aren't that gorgeous when they just wake up in the morning (that's my opinion again). A woman who could just go on a date wearing sweats, no makeup, and just wearing her hair up is seen as hot to men only if she seems to be one of those girls that is really pretty without extra stuff. However, most women can not pull off this look myself very much included and I will only do this "look" if I am doing errands or something.

I am picky with how I look, where I eat (doesn't matter if it's a date, family, or friend), and the things I do. I left a hike early once because I was sweating too much LOL and didn't go out at times because I broke out.

With dating, I won't see guys again if they don't walk me to my car, offer to pay the tab in the beginning (I rarely go out to places that cost more than 15 total per person) of dating me, or open doors for me. Why? I had a boyfriend who did all this, was romantic, and treated me really well. I liked it so much that I realize that's what I am looking for again. Before him, I pretty much didn't mind so much someone not doing any of this. I like chivalry. Maybe because most men I know aren't chivalrous anymore. Can't say I blame them though since women now have jobs and we are in "modern" times. I dunno. I just like the old fashion dating process.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
I think you have women who really, really want to feel pretty. Those are the high maintenance types. Women who are concerned with other issues seem to be easier to please.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
Women that define themselves, based on their looks, will be high maintenance. That is no shocker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships