Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are pretty girls more likely to be high maintenance?
Yes 43 81.13%
No 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:05 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's just about looks I think it's a combination of all the things it takes to keep a woman happy and content in general. The example of the woman that wanted to quit in the middle of a hike because she was sweating too much, that's high maintenance to me. Of course I wouldn't come out and call her high maintenance, I'd probably just call her a complete pain in the butt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 11:06 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
If I were a woman I would be SOOOOOOOooooooooooo high maintenance. I would pretty much sit around in cheer shorts all day, and rub lotion on my legs.

I probably wouldn't have much money...so I'd have to beg d00ds to buy me my cucumber scented lotions.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,904,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Ick, the fake nails drive me crazy. I was obsessed with them in high school, but they ruined my nails (plus were a hassle whenever I would play the piano). I focus on the natural stuff - skin care, hair, body, etc. It's paid off! Nothing is worse than someone using a pound of makeup.
I've seen some women's nails after wearing the acrylics for a long time and yuck! I think that's why they keep on getting them. No patience for letting the real ones grow out. My own nails are very strong and I have to cut them back all the time. The bad thing is that when they break on their own it's all the way to the quick! I hate that.

Niether of my daughters were ever all that interested in makeup. I was, when I was younger. I worked in office settings where everyone tried to look their best so I did too. I was happily married at the time so wasn't out to attract the guys. For a while I wore some pretty nice wigs too. I had colored and perm'd my hair so much it was just ruined. So I got it cut realllllly short and wore wigs till it grew out.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I've seen some women's nails after wearing the acrylics for a long time and yuck! I think that's why they keep on getting them. No patience for letting the real ones grow out. My own nails are very strong and I have to cut them back all the time. The bad thing is that when they break on their own it's all the way to the quick! I hate that.

Niether of my daughters were ever all that interested in makeup. I was, when I was younger. I worked in office settings where everyone tried to look their best so I did too. I was happily married at the time so wasn't out to attract the guys. For a while I wore some pretty nice wigs too. I had colored and perm'd my hair so much it was just ruined. So I got it cut realllllly short and wore wigs till it grew out.
I used to have a huge crush on a woman that never wore makeup some women look incredible without it and some only need to use a very little bit of it. My ex used to get her nails done all the time (she liked having them) and her real ones were brittle like you mentioned. I used to pay for it and I thought she looked attractive with them but I didn't really care either way. Now that I'm into more outdoorsy type stuff I would probably prefer a woman that doesn't do the whole nail salon thing.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I used to have a huge crush on a woman that never wore makeup some women look incredible without it and some only need to use a very little bit of it. My ex used to get her nails done all the time (she liked having them) and her real ones were brittle like you mentioned. I used to pay for it and I thought she looked attractive with them but I didn't really care either way. Now that I'm into more outdoorsy type stuff I would probably prefer a woman that doesn't do the whole nail salon thing.
My daughters both have really nice skin and hair. I always did too. And, like me, they both look a lot younger than they are. Well, I don't so much anymore but people still guess me younger...just not as much younger! I always figured they were judging me more by my attitude than actually what I looked like. People my age are way too old for me, and that's the truth. Both men and women.

I don't have anything against fake nails but I'd never be bothered. Maybe if I had soft or brittle ones. Mine are VERY strong. If I'm going to be doing a lot of outdoorsy stuff I'm not going to care if they are that perfect. And in my jobs of waitressing there's no such thing as 'nice nails' which is probably why a lot of waitresses have them too. Wasted time and money IMO. But, to each their own!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
My daughters both have really nice skin and hair. I always did too. And, like me, they both look a lot younger than they are. Well, I don't so much anymore but people still guess me younger...just not as much younger! I always figured they were judging me more by my attitude than actually what I looked like. People my age are way too old for me, and that's the truth. Both men and women.

I don't have anything against fake nails but I'd never be bothered. Maybe if I had soft or brittle ones. Mine are VERY strong. If I'm going to be doing a lot of outdoorsy stuff I'm not going to care if they are that perfect. And in my jobs of waitressing there's no such thing as 'nice nails' which is probably why a lot of waitresses have them too. Wasted time and money IMO. But, to each their own!
Can I date one of them?

I can send you a decently updated dating resume if you'd like to look that over.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Can I date one of them?

I can send you a decently updated dating resume if you'd like to look that over.
Aw beat me to it lol Nice skin and hair = big

Old 02-10-2010, 12:18 PM

Great job wanderlust, you scared her away.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Great job wanderlust, you scared her away.
haha, you were actually serious? Now she probably really is scared lol

Old 02-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Can I date one of them?

LOL...you'd have to speak to their husbands about that!! One has been married 25 years and has 3 grown kids. The other has been married again about three years and pretty happy. I DO have a 27 year old granddaughter who's pretty cute. Oh wait, she's engaged and has two kids. Neeever mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships