Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 02:34 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta_male View Post
So basically if you're a manlet (aka short guy), don't even bother chasing girls?
You guys need to beat your own demons, first.

That a manlet is short is beta manlet's definition, not the OP's.

You're better off not hanging out with the manlets.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:52 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times
wow some things in this thread are appalling....

Whomever sai beautiful woman had praise and approval their whole lives is sooooo off the mark.

I put up with nothing but rejection, passive agression, and sexual harrasmet when I was beautiful....

Death threats, spat at, called evevry degrading name in the book by female family members...

I never knew I was beautiful.... Couldnt have felt any uglier than me.

So at 22 I started eating, and finally, once I was overweight people were nice to me.

I can JUST now at 37 looke back at pictures of me and realize I wasnt ugly like they told me.

I am loosing weight now, and terrified of that harsh treatment again....

Dont fool yourself, that pretty girl has probly been treated crappier than you will ever understand....

Old 04-11-2010, 09:10 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
Oh no, I'm always nice, because I feel bad about rejecting them. I know how hard it is for guys to approach a girl. I am shy anyway, so I'll never be a you know who to a guy just because he is hitting on me.
The only thing I HATE is when guys pass by and give me a cocky 'Hiiiii' or 'Hey baby' or something dumb like that. Then I just pretend I'm deaf LOL or shake my head.

The cutest way I was approached a few days ago was by a guy I met at the airport. I was coming back from LA, feeling and looking tired from a 5 hour flight. This guy comes up to me and says 'I don't mean to bother you, but I just wanted to say you look absolutely gorgeous' and walked away. That was so cute, especially considering the fact that I didn't feel very pretty at that moment LOL.
This brought up something interesting from the past. I remember when i traveled as a consultant with male co-workers that finding a woman who looks tired or better yet in a bad mood was a good time to 'befriend' her with compliments or just a pleasant subject to divert her mood as the first step to conquest.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:13 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
I do enjoy reading the threads.. but I have got to ask.....
Who writes this list crap?
Cosmo? Ladies Home Journal? Seventeen?

Not Field and Stream!

Old 04-11-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
wow some things in this thread are appalling....

Whomever said beautiful woman had praise and approval their whole lives is sooooo off the mark.

I put up with nothing but rejection, passive aggression, and sexual harassment when I was beautiful....

Women who use this for a free pass are despised by other women. However, I've seen no evidence that such women care one whit what other women think. There is a married woman around here with two kids. Went to Paris on a "business trip" with one of her boy friends. A lot of clucking by the other women but management loves her and she was the only one I ever knew of who got a promotion without a competition.

Death threats, spat at, called every degrading name in the book by female family members...

You have a dysfunctional family, period!

I never knew I was beautiful.... Couldn't have felt any uglier than me.

So at 22 I started eating, and finally, once I was overweight people were nice to me.

Where do you live? This has got to be the weirdest place I've ever heard of! Some places in Africa still like overweight women but these are off the beaten track and haven't been influenced by satellite TV.

I can JUST now at 37 look back at pictures of me and realize I wasn't ugly like they told me.

I am loosing weight now, and terrified of that harsh treatment again....

Don't fool yourself, that pretty girl has probably been treated crappier than you will ever understand....
I find "probably" very hard to believe.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:30 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
It is rare to see something so completely chock full of fallacies and outright inconsistencies!
Gosh, I think your response is such a pile of crap, quite frankly.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I just saw Seenorita's husband's picture. I wouldn't mess with the guy!
Hey, I want to see it too!!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:15 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I find "probably" very hard to believe.

thanks I feel so much better..... NOT.

I am in canada, they like overweight people as cute and fun, not really fat, but not barbie anymore.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck
It is rare to see something so completely chock full of fallacies and outright inconsistencies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Gosh, I think your response is such a pile of crap, quite frankly.
By all means, live in your fantasy world. Unfortunately, most of us are stuck with reality.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
having a beautiful woman and a 50,000 dollar car are the same. only the car is lower maintenance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships