Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:18 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,123,811 times

Advertisements

Just curious. I already know the answer. What the heck......

Why or Why not?

Ronnie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 01:25 PM

917 posts, read 2,937,222 times
Not really, but I am pretty with a huge rack, so I had my pick of men. I never dated any losers, and the relationships ended because we just didn't make good couples. Now I've got a great guy and he's not going anywhere.

If you're a pretty girl with a nice personality, you are literally beating guys off with a stick (at least in my experience). I am also not shy and I asked out guys I wanted to date, and very few guys will turn down a date. My more shy female friends didn't have quite the success I did because they would wait for the man to ask them out instead of taking the first move, which leads to more missed opportunities.

Some girls look at dating as a competitive sport- who can land the best boyfriend. They tend to do poorly because the good guys get tired of their attitudes and the bad guys use them and lose them.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:47 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,392,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
Some girls look at dating as a competitive sport- who can land the best boyfriend. They tend to do poorly because the good guys get tired of their attitudes and the bad guys use them and lose them.
Yup, seen that happen many times. When the tide of guys starts drying up they usually panic and grab some loser just so they don't end up alone.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:08 PM

600 posts, read 1,604,595 times
I don't put any effort at all. Never had any problems 'getting' the guy I wanted. The only problem is - I don't ever see anyone I want anymore. Too picky I guess.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:11 PM

37,032 posts, read 41,953,569 times
I never did but maybe times were different. Plus I married young. My daughter goes to great lengths to woo men she is interested in. She has lot's to pick from but always seems to choose the ones who aren't worth it. I tell her that she make things too easy and should let the guy do the work too but she is impatient with that sort of thing. lol.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:24 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,627,920 times
The first time I was single, I put ot zero effort. Now that I am single again, I put out a lot of effort. When I was in my 20s, there seemed to be an infinite number of men available to me. Now that I am 39, when I look back on past relationships I realize just how rare it was to have a really great, fulfilling connection with another person: of the dozens and dozens of men I dated, only one or two were truly special. So now I work at it, I try to attract the upe of person I want.

As an aside, I'll bet I kiss the current guy's ass much of the time - or what I would have called ass kissing in my 20s. But as I was saying, special people don't come into your life all the time. They deserve to be treated extra well.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:26 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,846,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

Why or Why not?

Ronnie
I don't know if it's fortunate, or unfortunate, but I never had a problem attracting guys. I was little and cute, had a "bubbly" personality and, I guess, knew how to flirt. There have been times in my life that I think NOT being all that attractive to guys would've been a whole lot better for me. However, I did have a lot of fun times and knew some pretty good guys over the years. I wasn't "easy" though. And guys who expected me to be didn't last long.

Sometimes I think both men and women try way too hard.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:30 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,351,113 times
How do you define "effort"?

I used to do my best to look good to attract men, but I never actually asked any out or approached them. I'm relatively shy and reserved and I always figured if they liked what they saw, they would let me know...and they did. Somehow I lucked out; if I thought a guy was hot or attractive when I was out, they approached me.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:34 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,533,991 times
Default there's

a woman my job who is always trying to get the guys, including myself. instead of doing a good job at it, she bullies, threatens to get guys to talk to her. she talks about her single status and loneliness to the point that there is no mystery or excitement to her all and it's obvious that her only goal under allthe seductive flirtatiousness is just domination, control and entrapment

I can see why they say never to show that you are needy and desperate--no one should end up like this moron

Old 02-13-2010, 03:49 PM

550 posts, read 1,211,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

Why or Why not?

Ronnie
I guess if you count all the time preparing themselves infront of the mirror they win the contest, otherwise...no way!
Edit: but we take all the risks all the time...that sort of sucks but it's just the way it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships