Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:50 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,417,000 times

Advertisements

Are you still married to the wife? What bad things did she do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 04:39 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,017,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Are you yelling at me? j/k I understand. Like I said...sorry to hear you are going through such a mess. A person's behavior can easily overshadow looks as well as feelings towards them. Best of luck to you my friend!

I'm not yelling at you, Seeniorita; I know you're only offering a sympathetic voice. I didn't mean for it to come across as though I was yelling. I suspect that I've gotten used to taking a defensive stance, even unnecessarily, whenever the topic comes up because I've gotten used to people offhandedly saying "Well just do THIS [insert over-simplified solution here]", most of which just adds up to "why don't you simply walk away?"

Old 02-15-2010, 04:49 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,017,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Are you still married to the wife? What bad things did she do?

Still married, although it hasn't felt like it in a long, long time.

I've posted elsewhere in these forums when it was the topic of discussion. The only reason I posted anything regarding it in this thread is because the topic was whether someone's looks can change according to how one feels about them.

I had one story which was positive and one story which was negative. Avoidance and/or childish revulsion became a hard-smitten crush as I learned about a person I'd once thought ugly, her physical appearance being replaced in my eyes by what I came to know as her sweet nature.

I had another in which love became irritation, as irritation gave way to cold distance, in which a person's appearance which others openly criticized to me was invisible because of the person I thought she was; yet as I came to know her and the depths of despicability of which she has proved capable, the veil which had formerly shielded me from her appearance was lifted. I doubt I'll ever see what others see with regard to her physical appearance but when I look at her I DO see a yawning spiritual blackness which makes her ugly to me so that the words others have spoken to me about her seem more true.

I spoke of this because it was on-topic and illustrated both directions this is capable of going. For any who think less of me for such a post, especially in light of all the other things I've posted in these forums over the last few months, I may only surmise that either you already thought me so shallow I could arrive at this conclusion lightly and practically overnight OR you live in a fantasy world where bad things never happen to good people.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:50 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,335,925 times
Pretty is not limited to physical attributes... I am glad some guys are that enlightened.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:17 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,400,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I had another in which love became irritation, as irritation gave way to cold distance, in which a person's appearance which others openly criticized to me was invisible because of the person I thought she was; yet as I came to know her and the depths of despicability of which she has proved capable, the veil which had formerly shielded me from her appearance was lifted. I doubt I'll ever see what others see with regard to her physical appearance but when I look at her I DO see a yawning spiritual blackness which makes her ugly to me so that the words others have spoken to me about her seem more true.
I know just such a woman, and she's beautiful on the outside, thankfully I recognized her for what she was before things became serious.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,412,117 times
I kind of want to know if women think a guy can be prettier the longer they know them.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:25 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,990,475 times
Yes it can happen. I found it happens with men.... often.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
Yes it can happen. I found it happens with men.... often.
That we become prettier? That makes me warm inside...actually that's the whiskey.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:28 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,400,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I kind of want to know if women think a guy can be prettier the longer they know them.
Men are handsome. Manlets are pretty

Old 02-15-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Men are handsome. Manlets are pretty
I feel pretty here, posting in my yellow...um, crap, pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships