Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:41 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,580,201 times

Advertisements

DennyCrane wrote:
Quote:
Some people are famous for reasons I can't figure out. Like Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton.
I agree completely. I saw Paris Hilton in a horror movie and I was so relieved when she got killed so I wouldn't have to see anymore terrible acting. All she has going for her is that she comes from a rich family and she's figured out how to become a publicity hound. She does fall into a certain type as far as categorizing her is concerned, that would be the airhead bimbo type which for some reason attracts alot of attention from men and also from women who want to be just like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 11:50 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,634,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I can see why women are attracted to Messrs Depp, Pitt, Mcqueen, Connery, Gere etc.

One guy who's sex symbol status baffles me, and, it seems many other males, is Justin Timberlake.

I'm sorry, I just don't get it ??
I don't understand it either, despite the fact that I too find him incredibly sexy.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:41 PM

77,773 posts, read 59,928,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
When the movie Titanic was in theaters, a lot of people were asking why so many teenage girls were attracted to Leonardo DiCaprio. One theory that I heard on more than one occasion was that young girls find men with softer, more feminine features like those of DiCaprio to be less intimidating. There are also guys who seem to prefer boyish looking women (thin, flat chested, tomboyish in dress). Do you ever find yourself being drawn to people like this and what, if anything, do you think it says? I try not to read too much into people's preferences, even if I don't agree or understand them. But without judging, what do you think?
I've always been interested in alternative\artsy\smart\strong\nerdy gals. They typically were interested in the brooding\artsy type guys and so I rarely got a lot of attention in return from them.

I guess I just always found them interesting, spontaneous and well...a little naughty. I'm just very hard to classify and have always had broad interests so mainly I think I just like really *different* diverse gals.

I agree with your premise above.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:45 PM

740 posts, read 1,229,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I don't understand it either, despite the fact that I too find him incredibly sexy.
My mystifying attraction is to Benicio Del Toro. Definitely not traditionally good looking, but I swoon for him

Old 02-16-2010, 02:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,534,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
My mystifying attraction is to Benicio Del Toro. Definitely not traditionally good looking, but I swoon for him

Which proves the point I have made many times on this forum: Women have bad taste.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:21 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,018,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He's not somebody I'd normally go for, but there is something to him... smart, dark, and sinister...
I think it's the intensity. . . makes me imagine that he would be quite passionate.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:34 PM

10,168 posts, read 20,712,025 times
Every so often I see a girl who doesn't really possess conventional beauty, yet I find her very attractive. There's something about Janeane Garafalo and her dark framed glasses that I find very attractive. Though she doesn't really fit into that tomboy mold, her name doesn't come up on the sexiest women's lists either.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,534,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Every so often I see a girl who doesn't really possess conventional beauty, yet I find her very attractive. There's something about Janeane Garafalo and her dark framed glasses that I find very attractive. Though she doesn't really fit into that tomboy mold, her name doesn't come up on the sexiest women's lists either.
I think I've mentioned this before too......Garafalo is really attractive, but I can't figure out why I think so.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:50 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,018,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I think I've mentioned this before too......Garafalo is really attractive, but I can't figure out why I think so.
I actually think her face is very pretty. Sure, she doesn't scream sex, but I never understood why she played the "ugly" role in The Truth About Cats and Dogs. I think her face is much more conventionally pretty than Uma Thurman.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:54 PM

740 posts, read 1,229,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Which proves the point I have made many times on this forum: Women have bad taste.
Or at least occasionally very unpredictable taste
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships