Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:23 PM

412 posts, read 1,226,724 times

Advertisements

I could certainly never swear off men altogether, but I have to admit I'm much happier and my life is so much more peaceful when I'm single

I think times have changed because a lot more women are educated and independent. Many can take care of themselves financially and don't "need" a man to pay the bills. I know I am much less likely to put up with crap from a man now that I can take care of myself financially.

Even though I find women attractive, I don't think I could become a lesbian. So batteries will have to do for now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 09:42 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,836,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Is this true in your experience and if so, why?
I don't see it. However, since there is quite a surplus of men here, I think this may not be how it is everywhere. People like a choice and this may influence such a decision.

Here's what I see:

Men:

Never married - most pack it in between 35 and 40. I've heard some brave words but little tangible action. They know they were passed over for a reason and eventually come to terms with this.

Divorced - often attempt to get remarried or into CL arrangements. They like women who aren't likely to be a financial drain, should it not work.

Women:

Never married - never seem to quit. They often find some foreign guy when they get older.

Divorced - seldom get remarried unless the previous marriage was childless or it ended while they were quite young. After fifty, some reconsider.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,828,691 times
Men need sex. That is why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I am always talking to women who after a bad relationship or divorce have decided that Men are worthless and have sworn off men. They have many girl friends who provide emotional support anyway. I rarely talk to a man who swears off women after a divorce or bad relationship. Men quickly get back into dating and usually get married again quickly. Is this true in your experience and if so, why?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:50 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,700,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Women are looking for love and a relationship, men are more interested in satisfying their sexual needs. So if a woman can't find love and gives up on the search, having just sex isn't that important to stay in the singles scene. The men are just following the little head in their pants. They can manage on having purely sexual encounters without an emotional commitment just fine.
What's wrong with you miu?

I take it that you met men who were only interested in sex and were hurt by it by your posts on this forum.

What you said is wrong on so many counts. Yes men are not "as" emotional but many men need an emotional attachment just like women. Men need a feeling of being appreciated just like women. I personally would find a woman who just offers ONLY sexual gratification boring and could not stay with her long believe it or not. I require different things from women so that we can both stay interested in one another.

Men are much more likely to just want sex but not ALWAYS.
For some reason you never mention the women who do not want a committed relationship and just sex, there are more than you think. Yes, women do use men for sex a lot of times and guess what, there are actual female sex tourists and women who have sex with male giggolos

So men do not want love and companionship too? Sex accompanies love and companionship.

Men and women really want a lot of the same things in life, things just do not work out. Yes, men can be satisfied just fu***** women after failed relationships but that will get old and boring after a while and the man will want something more satisfying. Remember the sleeping around Mariah Carey engaged in when she got divorced?

Last edited by Black Jack22; 01-26-2009 at 09:04 AM..

Old 01-26-2009, 03:11 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,040,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Men need sex. That is why.
I don't think that's why. Sex is not hard to come by, just lower your standards and walla

I think it's hard as a guy, to get emotional support from other men and that's why men need women. You can get emotional support from your mom or your girlfriend, or if you're open to it a female friend. Each has it's drawbacks.

I don't think most women are completely happy without a man either though. Sure, women can swear off men but the ones who do don't really seem that happy to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships