Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:58 PM

109 posts, read 202,680 times

Advertisements

My ex is a great guy. Ive known him for 4 years now and we have maintained a "friendship only" for the last year.

We broke up because we were at different stages but mainly because I couldn't handle a long distance RS. Things are changing now and I think we might be on the same page again. He asked me out to a movie this past Saturday night and it seemed like a date based on him being dressed up and wearing cologne, paying, etc.

How can I find out in a casual conversation without scaring away his friendship? If we are on the page I would want to be with him for many, many reasons. If not, I still want to continue our friendship. I don't want to ruin things by bringing this up. Is there a way to ask him what his general RS goals are, if any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 08:01 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
Hold the choo choo a sec here. You just said last night this guy only wanted to be friends. Something smells fishy...

Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishka View Post
My ex is a great guy. Ive known him for 4 years now and we have maintained a "friendship only" for the last year.

We broke up because we were at different stages but mainly because I couldn't handle a long distance RS. Things are changing now and I think we might be on the same page again. He asked me out to a movie this past Saturday night and it seemed like a date based on him being dressed up and wearing cologne, paying, etc.

How can I find out in a casual conversation without scaring away his friendship? If we are on the page I would want to be with him for many, many reasons. If not, I still want to continue our friendship. I don't want to ruin things by bringing this up. Is there a way to ask him what his general RS goals are, if any?
Hi gosh you look great! You too! I'm so glad we could get together, so tell me everything, catch me up, forinstance, are you dating anyone?(smile warmly, friendly)

that'll be $24.99

Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Why bring it up? Why not just let it happen naturally if it's going to happen?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:07 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Why go backwards?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:12 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:

I don't want to be mean, but I do these things if I ask my mother out to dinner, as well. I know what Freud says and all, but I really am not dating my mother.

Oh crap, I'm becoming Norman Bates. I swear my mother is still alive.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:24 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
Be patient and let things play out. It won't be long before you'll know what he has in mind. Best wishes.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 PM

Jays not sure what you're referring to...

Thanks everyone, I DO like the advice to let it play out if it's going to happen. I'm just afraid that he will think I don't want to get back together. I did the breaking up, wouldn't I have to bring it up? Im all for letting the man take the lead, but this is a special circumstance where I just want to KNOW if it's on his mind.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:40 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Jays not sure what you're referring to...
You'll have to excuse him. Sometimes he thinks he knows what he's talking about.

You had a thread a while back about this guy, but I don't recall you saying that you only wanted to stay friends - just that you were good friends with the ex. I think that's what 1983 is talking about.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You'll have to excuse him. Sometimes he thinks he knows what he's talking about.

You had a thread a while back about this guy, but I don't recall you saying that you only wanted to stay friends - just that you were good friends with the ex. I think that's what 1983 is talking about.
I asked if men could be friends and later in the thread explained that my ex had asked me out on what felt like a date and I was wondering if he wants to get back together. Hence this new thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships