Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Jeep marry her Fiance?
Jeep, do NOT marry this guy! Run! Run! Run! 67 89.33%
Jeep, I think you should work this out and marry him. 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:35 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times

Advertisements

listen to your gut....Always

Old 02-16-2010, 10:37 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,899,308 times
I posted a few minutes ago, but now I've finished reading the thread up to this point. I'd like to add that in addition to his bad temper, he sounds very jealous and controlling. Maybe he's in a rush to get married because he doesn't trust you/is jealous. Ohhh, it all adds up to be a very bad mix of personality traits.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Good for you Jeep for nipping this in the bud rather than just going through the motions of a plan. Very smart, girl!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Like I said, if they aren't willing to 'woo you' before you get married, then forget it once you do.
He could wind up being abusive or worse.
I know this is disappointing and frustrating. We all want to find 'the one' and not have 'romance' worries. But you really know the truth, simply read what others have said, digest it.
You are worth more than this. I anticipate a lonely life if you stay in this relationship. He travels a lot for work. Can he be trusted?
Ha - nope. All it took was the one lie he told me about my ring for my trust to thin - he put on quite the production to lead me to believe his BS. Once I saw that, I knew he was capable of lying about other important things. Such as, other women when he travels. I am not quite that stupid. See, he always made it SUCH a point how faithful he is and would go straight back to the hotel after dinner so he would "not be in a position of temptation" when traveling and he would talk to me on the phone until he was falling asleep. A secure, faithful man does NOT need to keep saying, "look at me, look at me and how good I'm being!" I figure if he has to be uneasy about "temptation" - there HAS to be a reason why.

If he has trouble trusting HIS OWN SELF. . . well, why should I?

Right-o??

Old 02-16-2010, 10:48 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,244 times
that's it jeepgirl! anyone who is faithful doesn't need to convince themselves and everyone of it.
and to keep from temptation he had to go to the room and lock himself in it?....oh please..
yeah, good thing you stopped it before you had a wedding..but you live and learn.....and someday someone decent will come along.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:50 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Ha - nope. All it took was the one lie he told me about my ring for my trust to thin - he put on quite the production to lead me to believe his BS. Once I saw that, I knew he was capable of lying about other important things. Such as, other women when he travels. I am not quite that stupid. See, he always made it SUCH a point how faithful he is and would go straight back to the hotel after dinner so he would "not be in a position of temptation" when traveling and he would talk to me on the phone until he was falling asleep. A secure, faithful man does NOT need to keep saying, "look at me, look at me and how good I'm being!" I figure if he has to be uneasy about "temptation" - there HAS to be a reason why.
If he has trouble trusting HIS OWN SELF. . . well, why should I?
Right-o??
I can definitely relate to this (bolded). You made the right decision, but most importantly, you listened to your intuition and that, I believe, should always be your indicator of right and wrong.

Good for you. I admire your strength and ability to do what's necessary, even though it wasn't the easy way out.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I posted a few minutes ago, but now I've finished reading the thread up to this point. I'd like to add that in addition to his bad temper, he sounds very jealous and controlling. Maybe he's in a rush to get married because he doesn't trust you/is jealous. Ohhh, it all adds up to be a very bad mix of personality traits.
Yes. he is the jealous type. Told me that he was never jealous with his ex's, only me, because he did not love them as he loves me. He said the feeling was new to him and that it felt awkward to him - did not quite know how to handle it.

That's what my friend was saying about how he would shower me with gifts, etc when he felt he was losing me. Which he wasn't losing me - somehow in his mind he feared he would. I do not go to clubs and I am not a drinker that hangs in bars. Never gave reasons for him to be jealous.

If he feared so much of losing me - he should have been a little better to me. He was his own worst enemy - not another man.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
that's it jeepgirl! anyone who is faithful doesn't need to convince themselves and everyone of it.
and to keep from temptation he had to go to the room and lock himself in it?....oh please..
yeah, good thing you stopped it before you had a wedding..but you live and learn.....and someday someone decent will come along.

Uh huh! Yup-yup!

My ex-husband turned out to be a nasty serial-cheater. All the years, I thought he was 100% faithful. I did not learn of his cheating until the divorce - which he didn't tell me, lol - I found out from the women. Who gave me names of his ex-girlfriends before them.

My ex-husband would always pride himself on how "faithful" he was and how "monogamous" he was. Oh he was just soooo wonderful!

The very first time the Fiance patted himself on the back and said all that to me - staying in his hotel room, etc - my ears PERKED and my head turned to the side like Scooby-Scooby DooooOOooooo.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
you are such a FREAK!
A FREAK?? I'll take that as a compliment! Thank You Carolina! Actually. I think JeepGirl knows that the old Capt. has had a soft spot in his heart for her for a long time now. She's quite a lady!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:04 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,549 times
That's the weird part, that he would shower you with gifts for leaving him but not for committing and loving him. It's like he doesn't respect you for loving him! I think he knows he's a bad guy underneath it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships