Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:53 PM

805 posts, read 1,508,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Dear Wendy: I acknowledge and accept that I'm not a perfect 10. But what drives me nuts is that people keep telling me I've got no chance of finding love with someone who is hot or hotter than me.

Do beautiful people only date each other? - CNN.com

Statistics show: Men's looks equal their girlfriends if they are in the middle class income range or less.

Very wealthy men's looks can afford to be a lot less than their girlfriends.

So, unless you become very wealthy (millionaire or billionaire), right now you will not get a hotter girl, but someone equal to your looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 08:00 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,293,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Dear Wendy: I acknowledge and accept that I'm not a perfect 10. But what drives me nuts is that people keep telling me I've got no chance of finding love with someone who is hot or hotter than me.

Do beautiful people only date each other? - CNN.com
Well, its a little contradictory to say you don't have perfect looks, yet you want someone who is hot. But as for your question, no, beautiful women date not so beautiful men all the time. Chemistry is more than just looks. Its also intelect, emotional connection, etc. I don't care what a guy looks like - if the chemistry is there I'm all for it

Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,454,868 times
I work in sales, so I have alot of attractive co-workers (trust me, I bring the looks average DOWN). Many of the best looking men I have met - basically "10" in the looks department - have wives that are not nearly as physically attractive. None of the wives are un-attractive, but many are 7 or 8's.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:56 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,665,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I only date attractive guys b/c I only have chemistry with them. Why should i date a guy who I don't have chemistry with?
And you still don't get it??

Old 02-19-2010, 10:57 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,665,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
I work in sales, so I have alot of attractive co-workers (trust me, I bring the looks average DOWN). Many of the best looking men I have met - basically "10" in the looks department - have wives that are not nearly as physically attractive. None of the wives are un-attractive, but many are 7 or 8's.
Maybe they found true love.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:05 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,454,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Maybe they found true love.
Of the 3 I can think of, 1 guy is happily married & total family guy (Which only drives other women even WILDER I've actually had grown women - corporate execs - squeal like schoolgirls when talking about him. ) 1 guy is totally on the make and the last guy I suspect is on the make, but hides it better.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,373,194 times
Leagues exist, period.

The more guys who acknowledge this, the better for them. With acceptance comes peace, dudes.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,293,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Leagues exist, period.

The more guys who acknowledge this, the better for them. With acceptance comes peace, dudes.
So what league are you in Samston? I'm in my own league, I'm a rebel

Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,373,194 times
I don't really believe in leagues, but the concept is very sound and something that exists in the real world.

Hot people date hot people, and ugmos date ugmos. Nothing in life was ever fair.

There would be far less emotional hurt, angst and grief in the world if people accepted things that they have little power to change or alter.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 AM

329 posts, read 1,046,086 times
People pair up based on PERCEIVED attractiveness rather than actual attractiveness. That's why you'll see men with low self-esteem, but good looks, pair up with less-attractive girls. And not-so-attractive men with high self-esteem dating gorgeous models.

Hate to use numbers, but if a male 9 has self-esteem issues and doesn't think he's good enough for a female 9, he'll feel more comfortable pursuing the female 7's. And we've all seen the male 5's dating the gorgeous female 10's and wonder "is she blind or something? how the hell did that happen?" when, in fact, those male 5's probably perceive themselves to be worth a 10.

just my 2 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships