Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:03 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty View Post
I like beowulf7's idea... with little modifications..
1.) Be educated and have a good enough job to fully support me.
2.) Be in very good physical shape and workout regularly, including not smoking. ie Has a good sex drive
3.) Willing cook and clean too... and let me be couch potatoes...
4.) Have a great personality who can click with any topic that may come up (probably most important trait).
5.) Have her girl's night out and allow me to have my boy's night out - weekly.
I was trying to mention realistic ideal traits. But if I just shoot for pure fantasy, then she'd be a 21-year-old supermodel who can fully support me and allow me to retire on her (both literally and figuratively ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Cool Oh really :)

So basically you're looking for a Stepford wife with a JOB ! I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just curious what you bring to the party and how that search is going ???? Or how Dr. Phil says it : How's that working for you beowulf7 ?

p.s.
I was watching the new Reality Show "The Millionaire Matchmaker" last week and there was a 46 year old man out on a date with a 25 year old and the date looked somewhat awkward as they seemed to have very little in common . The Matchmaker was trying to get this man to date someone closer to his age (like a gal in her 30's), but he kept saying that he was a 'young' 46 year old (i.e. therefore a trophy wife was in order - lol - my words, not his) !

What I remember most about this show was her saying that MEN want to 'order' a woman just like they do a new car and I thought, 'wowwee, how sad, but also very true !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I was trying to mention realistic ideal traits. But if I just shoot for pure fantasy, then she'd be a 21-year-old supermodel who can fully support me and allow me to retire on her (both literally and figuratively ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I'll throw in my 5 cents, in random order. (I'm a guy.) I'd want my ideal woman to:
1.) Be educated and have a good enough job to fully support herself.
2.) Be in very good physical shape and workout regularly, including not smoking.
3.) Have no baggage (e.g. no children and prior marriages).
4.) Have a great personality who can click with any topic that may come up (probably most important trait).
5.) Have her girl's night out and allow me to have my boy's night out - weekly.

WTH, I'll throw in a bonus #6:
6.) Be 0-6 years younger than I.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:22 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
... but he kept saying that he was a 'young' 46 year old...therefore a trophy wife was in order...
Marriage is the only game in town where a loser can win a trophy.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:37 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
So basically you're looking for a Stepford wife with a JOB ! I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just curious what you bring to the party and how that search is going ???? Or how Dr. Phil says it : How's that working for you beowulf7 ?

p.s.
I was watching the new Reality Show "The Millionaire Matchmaker" last week and there was a 46 year old man out on a date with a 25 year old and the date looked somewhat awkward as they seemed to have very little in common . The Matchmaker was trying to get this man to date someone closer to his age (like a gal in her 30's), but he kept saying that he was a 'young' 46 year old (i.e. therefore a trophy wife was in order - lol - my words, not his) !

What I remember most about this show was her saying that MEN want to 'order' a woman just like they do a new car and I thought, 'wowwee, how sad, but also very true !!!
I'm not familiar w/ that "Stepford Wives" movie nor the MM reality TV show.

I bring all 5 traits to the party. I'm not asking anything more than what I do not provide. OK, as for my #6, I'd be older, but that's usually the case (husband older than wife).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships