Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:51 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times

Advertisements

Well...I would like to meet someone that...

has a kind heart...has strong integrity / character...would love me, and accept me, and my son, for who we are, no matter what...believes in god...loves animals (especially dog's) and babies ( I want more) !

Maybe not exactly in that order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 08:55 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
Talking OMG KP, that story is too cute (but kind of creepy too:-0)

Thanks for sharing KP !! Care to tell us what happened to you and your neighbor after he got released from jail??? Is that the story of the 'quickest move' you've ever done ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
HDL, I just wanted to relay a now funny story.
yada...yada...yada... "There've been many evenings when I prayed a man would come falling through the ceiling. Officer, he looked nothing like that one, AT ALL!"

I'm now much more careful for what I ask. In this case, I got exactly what I asked for, but it wasn't anything close to what I truly wanted! A great lesson for me in learning to be v e r y specific! LOL

Fun post. Thanks! ... VV

Old 05-30-2007, 10:59 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydawglady View Post
Thanks for sharing KP !! Care to tell us what happened to you and your neighbor after he got released from jail??? Is that the story of the 'quickest move' you've ever done ???
HDL -

LOL Glad I find a bit of humor in it now. The neighbor claimed to have a chemical problem, so was sent to rehab. Very long story, but nothing happened to him legally & he moved back in with mamma. He was 45 & hadn't had a job in years, but was somehow connected with/related to local politicians. He continued with his bizarre behavior towards me. My lease ended within 6-wks & yes, I moved from the apt complex. I was very young & didn't know how to handle the situation, but right about the time he was back, I began seeing a rather big, tough-looking, strong guy, fresh out of 9-yrs on a Navy submarine, who keep him at bay, from a distance, just by being around & intimidating glances. I did have to talk him out of knocking on his door for a very strong chat & throttle a number of times.

Sorry for the digression. You began a positive post. I & no one else on this forum attracts these situations or people to them. We're all happy, healthy & wise & attract the best people to enhance our lives & theirs! And, the only men/women who fall through our ceilings are those who are gorgeous, fun, happy & stable & were simply sunning on the roof deck & took the quickest path to shower us with huge hugs! All is well in the world. VV

Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
HDL, I just wanted to relay a now funny story. When I was in Altanta in my 20's, I had a creepy next door neighbor who ran out of his house every time he saw me. He was making more frequent attempts to speak to me, knocking on my door all hours of the evening & thus, making me awfully uncomfortable. Women who lived in my apt before me, never stayed longer than 6-mos. I soon learned why & also learned to walk as if on cotton balls passed his doorway to avoid contact with him.

One evening, when I was unusually very late at work, he crawled into the crawlspace through the outside storage closet, above our adjoining apt ceilings, fell asleep over my bedroom due to "chemical imbibing" (50-ft from where he entered the ceiling), fell through my ceiling onto my bed, hit his head on the dresser & knocked himself out. I came home at the same time as my roommate, thank goodness, probably 10-15 minutes later & we called the police as he awoke & tried to crawl back into the ceiling.

All I could think to say at the time to the police officer, as they were bringing my completely stunned, firmly handcuffed, covered-in-ceiling-dust neighbor out of the apt was, "There've been many evenings when I prayed a man would come falling through the ceiling. Officer, he looked nothing like that one, AT ALL!"

I'm now much more careful for what I ask. In this case, I got exactly what I asked for, but it wasn't anything close to what I truly wanted! A great lesson for me in learning to be v e r y specific! LOL

Fun post. Thanks! ... VV

This has got to be one of the if not THE funniest posts I have read in a long, long time!

Old 05-31-2007, 08:26 AM

Gawd HDL. Where do you come up with these things!

OK.... This is really hard.

Must be able to cook if ever wants a real home made meal.

Must love animals.

Must be financially stable in his own right and a contributor to joint expenses and future SHARED/LIKE goals. NO LAZY BUMS.

Must not complain and demean everybody who is different or doesn't fit the mold.

Brains to: Listen. Pay attention. Look interested. Comprehend. Digest. Respond giving room for further sensible discussion, AND someone who can challenge my intellect and keep me interested.

Know how to budget but not be a cheapskate. Figure out how to make comparisons and find the best deals type of things.

Trust. Trust. Trust. Dependability. - No LIARS!

No drinking or drug problems.

There's more. Those are just Number 1..... LOLLLLL

Last edited by vpcats; 05-31-2007 at 08:41 AM..

Old 05-31-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
A lady that does not have a drinking or drug problem.
A lady that likes the outdoors, winter and summer.
A lady that can live in the country.
A lady that acts like a lady, at least some of the time.
A lady that is still here, when I come home from 2 weeks at work.
A lady that has some sort of clue when it comes to paying bills or spending.
A lady that would consider having children.

Am I asking alot?
Speaking for someone I know very well:

First one - passed.
Second, only half.
Third, half.
Fourth, 3/4,
Fifth - done.
Sixth - done.
Seventh - too late.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
Agreed, that is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

Here's my list I've expounded them out for clarification -
1) Mentally quick, good decision maker
2) Kind, romantic, good at sharing
3) Sterling ethics, brave
4) Similar interests, hobbies, activities
5) Decent provider (sorry I'm old-fashioned) who still has plenty of time for me

Old 05-31-2007, 08:40 AM

UH, UH, UH.

Forgot to ask. What's the passing score????

Old 05-31-2007, 11:25 AM

549 posts, read 2,385,065 times
Honesty and being able to completely trust my future beloved.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:59 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
vp...I think I'd really miss that someone you know very well, come winter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships