Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:54 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,847,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
To me, that cold weather would be a gateway to, oh, I don't know, an invite inside? Or maybe for a cup of Hot Chocolate. You know, cause it's cold out.

Not playing your cards right.... not that we would expect different.

And, in relation to your original post.. you asked her what her plans are for tonight, right? That is kind of the signal for, hey, maybe we should do something. At least on Earth. The fact that she asked you that later, shows that she was interested in doing something with you.
but you can't just pop up all of a sudden the night that i asked about and ask-want to do something? when I haven't heard from you in 3 days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 10:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,720,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
d00d absolutely. I wouldn't sit there and stand for, nor encourage, such poor communication skills. You text her and give her the correcting of a lifetime. Do it for men everywhere.
Don't encourage him for his stupidity.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:37 AM

6,424 posts, read 9,745,562 times
TVSG, you have to have the reading comprehension to understand some of the advice you are given is actually good advice.

You constantly come back with an arguement about everything, the weather, the phone calls, the emails, the response time, the way the sun sits at 4pm, whatever it is, you argue about advice that people give.

Can you for 1 minute stand back and realize that the way you think things should go in the world is not the way that the other 99.99% of the population does.

If you come on these forums and ask for advice, why not take it? Why continue to do things your way, especially when you see the results are fairly dismal as best? your way is not working. Your thought process is flawed.

You should either seek professional help to determine why you think differently than the rest of the world, or at least stop debating the advice that is given to you for free here.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:43 AM

796 posts, read 1,837,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
but you can't just pop up all of a sudden the night that i asked about and ask-want to do something? when I haven't heard from you in 3 days
Why not? She wants to see you. If you had other plans, say so...if not, go out with her. It's that simple.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:15 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,293,209 times
Quote:
In all honesty, I really don'y want to go on another date until April but I know that is not possible if I want to connect with someone. If my date so friday goes well she maybe a goner-lol
Haha.. Yeah, wait til April of 2030! You clearly are not ready to date.

Maybe you should just get an aquarium? Ya know, those fishies are perfectly happy watching you sit on your butt, watching TV and you only have to feed them a pinch a day. Oh! and you never have to walk them in the cold either.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,149,343 times
Quote:
Well that would be confusing knowing that the last time we tried to meet on a wednesday after her class it was FREEZING and most places were closed. Tonight not only is it cold but it's tons of snow on the ground which would make no sense to go anywhere.

A better question would be-"Do you feel like having company?
No, the more clear and responsible thing you should have done was reply with, "sounds like you're too busy tonight, I'll give you a call tomorrow and we'll figure out something then"

Proposing a time, having her tell you her schedule, and YOU NOT RESPONDING is called shady. It's obvious she's interested in meeting you, take it as a good sign and just play it cool and meet up with her when she wants. Don't get your panties in a bunch because YOU weren't clear in your email.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:40 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,581,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
No, the more clear and responsible thing you should have done was reply with, "sounds like you're too busy tonight, I'll give you a call tomorrow and we'll figure out something then"

Proposing a time, having her tell you her schedule, and YOU NOT RESPONDING is called shady. It's obvious she's interested in meeting you, take it as a good sign and just play it cool and meet up with her when she wants. Don't get your panties in a bunch because YOU weren't clear in your email.
Exactly. I take her message to mean, "I haven't heard from you ... do you want to get together or what?" Not necessarily irritated, just asking what's up.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,160,894 times
im suprised shes still interested in meeting after all this time

Old 02-18-2010, 02:51 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,313,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
Why not? She wants to see you. If you had other plans, say so...if not, go out with her. It's that simple.
That says it all right there. I mean if a girl wanted to see me, I'd go.

TVSG, grow a pair, grow them big and go out in the friggin cold and take her out.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,735,309 times
Well if a man didn't like me enough to man up and face the cold for me, I wouldn't see much point in continuing to see him. Anyone remember the name Caspar Milquetoast?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships